1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WC Gear & Playstyle on Classic

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Quaak, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Quaak

Quaak User

Hi, i finally decided what char to play when the server launches and my choice has fallen on the mighty Warcryer. It was a tough decision between WC and OL but the need for constant clan party made me choose the WC.

Now i watched some videos and read alot of guides but since classic is so dfferent to other chronicles im not sure how the WC is played.

Ppl suggested taking Heavy armor up to D Grade and on C grade switching to Plated Leather since it gives +STR and is considered a no brainer for any class that has light mastery.

Now here are some questions.
    Is that information reliable?
    Does the WC indeed play like a Melee DD or more like a caster?
    How useful is Freezing Flame and other Dots on Classic?
    All in all id like some input from ppl who have played WC on Classic and can tell me a bit about how they eengaged fights.

Also: whats the role in PVP and is the WC any good in small scale pvp like 4v4 or 1v1

2. fagercraft

fagercraft User

WC is king small scale pvp, King solo pvp, good in masspvp.

Smallscale you got Stun, Sleep, Highest dmg DoT ingame, Lifeleach as major skills beside buffs.

Solo, go with caster setup and DoT **** up and lasthit with melee hit. Much better if you run with a recharger in duo or box.
    Party.. well whatever.. your good for any party be it AoE to archer to Melee parties. AoE parties will probably prefer a OL thou as most of them run with mage setups but there are some AoE parties for archers at higher lvls that uses WC instead.

Melee Pole AoE is very rare (outside the WL setup), Probably due to bad gear/buffs etc making it really bad at start of server, the require more stats then mage nuker/kite parties do.

3. Bosephine

Bosephine User

My WC on RU Classic is just a shaman, but.. if you have good melee wep and shots you can just /attack stuff, and use a drain when you're low. If you have a crappy weapon then you need to use the DoT.

There is no attack or cast speed difference between the armors, so the major difference is the set bonuses. With robes you get a lot of extra MP which can be useful in groups, depending on your role. You might want to keep a tunic and stocking on you for that. You can play a WC anyway you want when you're solo since it's so versatile. Your choice between robes/light/heavy won't make or break you in PvE. It probably would in PvP since the buffs will clean you out, and you won't have MP for dots, stuns, sleeps, drains, rebuff if you're not in robes at least for the first buff.

The DoT does as much damage as an unbuffed DD hitting with a mid-grade weapon without SS. If you can do more dmg than that with your wep, then skip the DoT and save the MP for your other skills. However the DoT can help if you're in an area where people grief, while you're in stun lock the DoT will tick down to 1 hp, so you just have to get one hit in between the stuns to save your life.

4. SandyStorm

SandyStorm User

I would say robe + mage wep. Go for slow mobs and DoT them to death. Easy level up.

5. Quaak

Quaak User

So is the DOt damage a fixed amount or is it bond to the same calculations as a nuke?
    Meaning: Does a Dot do less damage on a high Mdef Target?
    Is there a better chance to land it against low mdef targets?
    Do i have a higher chance to land it with more M atk?
    Does it make more damage when i have more Matk?

Theres not alot to find about dots in Lineage 2 since they were never really considered any useful until classic.

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

afaik only difference from the DoT in classic is that it should be working like it does in the GoD client, not Interlude client (this means it has all the DoT buffs over the years like it being able to crit etc).
    Matk only helps with landing it, it has very high and rate and if you wanna increase it the best way is to bless it with a NG shot afaik instead of getting a C grade high matk wpn.

DMG is fixxed by its level, the dmg is very high compared to a DD with no shots, no SA, no lvl78buffs. If you add those, the DoT isnt all that just like it is in GoD client, but there everyone is running around twinked to their theet and get 85 in hours, so none in their right mind uses the DoT in there. Also shamans in GoD has the MP leach VR effect for unlimited Life Drain Spam.

7. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

DOT in classic is the single most powerful pve (solo) tool, and wc has the strongest one.

8. geba89

geba89 User

IMO depends how you play.

On d grades robe is good if you do a lot of aoe, because you need to cast root. If you solo a lot I would go robe also, because you will use a lot of DOT's and Drain so mana is needed. Heavy armor wont help you that much on solo.
    If you play in small party, sure go for heavy and fight with your teammates.

For C grade the same in my opinion, only you wont be great at solo. Not many classes are good for solo after lvl 40.

So plated leather is nice if you are in melee PT, if in any other, just take robe.

Anyway later you will need Heavy and Robe anyway. So you can swap robe to heavy when your low on mana.

And dots compared to what it was on ~C1 are so much more powerful, so you should use them in pvp.

WC same as OL are both good in PVP and PVE. PVP you got dots, stun, fear, sleep - perfect.

9. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I am also playing a WC.

I know you never got past lvl 40, but from what you saw, does the flame, sleep and fear actually make a difference on the "high end" pvp?

And when you said there is no attack or cast speed difference between armors, is that a new thing? From what I remember you would cast slower while wearing heavy, not counting set bonus. Did they change that in classic?

Also, does mage classes (specifically wc and pp) still lose like 9 accuracy if using a bow or pole?

10. Stride

Stride User

It does
    Yes (unconfirmed, but I've never heard that they don't)
    50/50
    Hybrid like always.
    Very useful.
    Kiting on debuffs or stun/stun/stun in 1x1/4x4

11. Orcoso

Orcoso User

In the old L2 there wouldn't be any extra penalty for bows and pole, they added that later in the game, was kinda hoping they kept it without the penalty on classic.

12. Pashmin

Pashmin User

What weapon would you recommend for Orc Shaman? Magic 1-h blunt + shield is the best?

13. Stride

Stride User

Yes it is. The only alternative is two-handed blunt for M/P atk boost, but you will lose in defence a lot.

14. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

Yup, as WC/OL you need Magic 1handed blunt , for matk and for being able to use Stun attack.

Pashmin likes this.
  15. zeldia

zeldia User

what about dyes? +12 WIT -15 MEN? or can we put -15 INT but how does it inpact our DOT?

16. MoRt3rO

MoRt3rO User

I don't recommend putting - INT dyes on WC... WC already got low INT... How does inpact DOT? with - INT you barely land DOT on target.. :)

17. Stride

Stride User

int doesn't affect debuff rate, all that matters is Clanhall Mental, Skill's level of learning and target's level + epic jewelry.

18. fagercraft

fagercraft User

WC has 2 great skills for dmg. One is soul cry, the other is freezing flame.
    The best DPS wpn with soulcry on for a WC is a Dagger (i recommend Cursed maingauche at d grade, op dagger)
    If you dont fight with soulcry (becouse you need mp for buffs and heals) then Duals are best DPS wpn in C grade, D grade cursed maingauche are still op :D.
    If you can get Acumen or MP regen SAs in future, then mage wpns become very nice.

Always use a Robe, if you solo you DoT kite, if in party you do not tank.
    Heavy armor and light armor are to situational to spend any money on unthil your filthy rich.

dagger and duals are only good if your in a melee party. If in mage or archer party, wpn doesnt really matter, better matk will help slightly with landing magic. But not much.

For PvP its very different, you need blunt for stuns, robes for castspeed+mp, matk for landing debuffs...

19. Nyko_

Nyko_ User

Hello, I'm currently grinding a future WC as well.
    I came to this thread because I was also hesitant on my stuff. The read of your posts almost confirmed my choice: going for a Devotion set until 40 so I can save money. I'm playing solo 50% of the time, and in small parties (2/3 ppl) the other 50%. What do you think? Thx!

Merry christmas btw! :)

20. TomFort

TomFort User

after i reach 21 on wc i decide to reroll, i had a feeling that some debuffs was nerfed. And lvling wc 21-25 is pretty hard.