1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Glads in Classic, no fanboys please

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by YippYaya, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Are Glads weak at pvp in Classic

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Shut up SpS rulez 2 hit GF To Village

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YippYaya

YippYaya User

Hey guys what's up, I literally made an account on these forums to ask this question since my research is not really giving any decent results.

So I've been an on and off l2 player since c5 i think and mainly played the gladi, now I've read that there is a lot of hate for glads on the Classic server - them being underpowered and useless etc. Yes I did read all the skills for most of the classes, but it seems that I am missing something.

So what's up with all the hate on the class in Classic? Is it really as weak compared with others as people say? I'm talking mainly pvp since pve glads are trash nothing new there. If you do have an educated opinion I would VERY much appreciate it since I am debating to roll a glad if I find a competitive clan to scrape me up, but if they really are as garbage as everyone says I just want to know what the reason is since I'm not seeing it on paper (storm and buster costing charges is gay tho).

And finally, no haters, lets be civilized about this, and please god no gladi fanboys. I've been rocking this class longer than half of you, but lets be real L2 is not balanced pvp wise, I don't argue when someone who knows a chronicle I've never touched tells me that a class is garbage. Waiting for the input.

2. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

Glads are definitely Strong at classic PvP, Giant HP/CP Heavy User,
    (you almost don't give a F*** about Dagger, archers others DD's),
    (and also you have a new skill that evades Physical skills),
    even mage have problems to kill you if they don't mass assist.
    Dual Swords High atk + War Cry and Easy SA by enchanting +4
    (25% HP SA from Dual Revolution and Dual Spirit Rocks).
    AOE Skills(short/long range),
    (but it rekt adenas buying Energy Stones now named Momentum stones),
    (They consome sonic focus and the ranged AOE don't cost Energy stones).
    Long-Range Stun because Sonic Blast Stuns at classic.
    One-Hit-Killer Triple Sonic Slash, and Triple Slash lows 23% enemys armor at classic.
    And with Sonic move(30 seconds now) + LionHeart you are pretty unstoppable at PvP.
    Strong Farmer on Duo and even Solo and awesome at party.
    Almost no one can 1v1 you.

3. YippYaya

YippYaya User

While I do appreciate your input, I've seen your discussions with other people while I was doing my own research and simply put, you are being biased. Like I said everything looks cute on paper but I need more opinions from other players. But thanks tho I can see you're hyped bro

4. fagercraft

fagercraft User

From watching tons of classic movies from RU server, it basically comes down to anything under 900 ranged gets rekt by 5-15nukers if you dont run out again, only half decent melee char is WL couse of a AoE highchance bigarea stun at 900 range, while glad has a single stun at 900.

If you get in under 750range afaik youll get feared, rooted, slept, slowed, debuffed to living hell by all the supports of the range zerg that finally gets to press a button at something.. if you get there.
    Only melee i can see that can kamikaze in is highlevel daggers with stealth, but tats a one way ticked, and its on a 2min cd. But that atleast should scare the robe users alot if a buffed dagger group gets to do its thing, hav enever seen this in action yet thou.

It seems to get better when you start pvping inside DVC/ToI etc thou, heres a video with DA+WL pvp in medium scale pvps, also check the uploader since he has LOADS of korean pvp movies labeled with what class is played in each clip, very nice:

YippYaya likes this.
  5. YippYaya

YippYaya User

Thanks man, this was what I'm looking for, and I think I might've seen that video already.

Another opinion or two would be appreciated. Man I'd definitely would pick a wl if only the S80> poles wouldn't look so ***, they made them so fun post gracia final but then again, they made all classes fun but with it came the star wars.

6. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

"Biased"... k trust what you want mate. What i said don't came from merely watching videos and s***.
    I have friends on gran kain. All i said came from my gladiator friend experience.
    gl with the post.

7. Bosephine

Bosephine User

A good showcase of the Gladiator ranged stun is here:

You should search Youtube heavily. Look at Warlord too, for comparison.

The main problem of the Gladiator is that it's melee. With its new stun it can close very well, but in a large scale PvP, melee are weak because they force your healers into range of the enemy. A nuker/archer can hit from 900 and a healer heals him from 600 behind, so the healer is 1500 range from enemy. A melee runs up to 40 range so your healer has to close to 640 range to heal you, and can be hit by everyone and everything, including the new OP stuns.

Overall I'd say Gladi is strong small scale because stun is OP, but weak large-scale, where it's brother, warlord takes over.

Competitive clans won't be recruiting melee DD's.

8. Gottcha

Gottcha User

He is a bad gladi anyway. No point to ask if their good or bad if you don't play the class right.

9. YippYaya

YippYaya User

Man Gottcha shut up bro, you got anger issues that need to be dealt with and don't come at me with that keyboard warrior **** you're not 5.

And if you wanna go there bro, brakiel had 1 clan occupying the whole dam room, I told you they will pk you scream they won't, i get nuked in 2 sec, you scream that i had no hp wep, wtf is 300 hp gonna do? Admit that you were tight you got denied bara a **** ton of times and you let that **** out on me, I could've been sleeping instead of trying to help you with a dumb plan. Get your act together again you're not a teen son

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. kuragari

kuragari User

When you ask "should I go Glad?" You're really asking, should I go melee. The situation is the same for all melee. Melee are inferior at the moment to the ranged classes. They are strong when they finally walk up to the kiting enemy but won't do much in mass PvP (unless they're lucky and the mages/archers are bad). They work only when they use territorial advantages or element of surprise. Or if their enemies are stupid and stand in one spot.

Here's a good video to learn all you need to know. Look for the AW one shotting everything while using Hide. Really it's lucky, usually melee just get kited and owned. But these videos demonstrate what happens when bad players don't kite vs. melee and just stand still.

What I'm saying doesn't rule out rebalancing in future chronicles. They already gave daggers Hide which didn't really do much to rebalance in favor of them, who knows what else they will get. Good luck in your decision.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  11. YippYaya

YippYaya User

Thanks man, first video I was shown that I haven't seen yet. I'm probably gonna run bd+se with a human warrior and when i eventually get to 40 just see what i feel like picking, might have new updates by then since i plan to take my time. Thanks a lot.

I also noticed that Absolute is here... my hopes are they don't recruit half the dam server like they always do

12. Swayarn

Swayarn User

You should consider Warlord.. Nuff said

13. Overture

Overture User

Gladiators in Classic have several problems...

1. Atm in RU Classic the best you can do on ALL PVPS Is to spam Sonic Blasters 24/7 just because stun is almost 100% so there's no use for other skills which makes the gameplay a little boring imo (they should do something with that)
    2. Sonic Focus works differently from our old L2
    -Skills boost damage are capped at 30% ( at lvl 3 sonic focus).
    That means that even If you have Sonic Focus Lvl 7 you will make the same damage as Sonic Focus lvl 3 (which means a nerf in your damage from 80% down to 30%)
    3.Double Sonic Slash and some other Sonic Skill ( I dont even remember what skill It was) doesn't even get bonus damage from Sonic Focus.
    4. Duelist Spirit no longer gives PvP Damage Source --
    > http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/듀얼리스트+스피릿

And yet they have some benefits

1. A new skill that works like an ultimate evasion for 1 minute (WTF were those koreans thinking)
    2. Triple Slash Decreases P.def

PD : Atm Tyrants do higher damage with their skills for some reason lol (Punch of doom insta kills and his new Ogre increases P.atk/P.def/M.def/Crit Dmg by 20%)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.