1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we need Agathions and Mounts?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by attack, Oct 5, 2015.

?

Do we need Agathions and Mounts?

1. Yes

17.5%
  2. No

82.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack

attack User

On Sep 22, CM Amarantha has posted a large update, one thing I did not like was:
    • In Сlassic version, where there is a problem of customization, players lack visual content. They want variety, but value Lineage 2 original style. New hats, visual enhancement stones, mounts and agathions – these are things that Classic needs.

Do we really need mounts and agathions?

2. Banish3d

Banish3d User

Except reintroduce Hatchling > Strider (with quest) and Wyvern for Castle's Owner, i don't want any agathion or mount (espiecially non immersive one).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Rytfield likes this.
  3. Quaak

Quaak User

Hatchling, strider, Wolf and Wyvern. Nothing else

MaoMao and Tirith like this.
  4. Hartassen

Hartassen User

I want the old classic pets. Wolves, hatchlings, striders, and wyverns. Wolves however could use some kind of buff that allows you to ride them later on like great wolves/fenrirs but they should NOT have the insane dmg of later chronicles.

I don't want any ugly agathions that didn't even exist in classic ruining the "classic" experience.

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The agathions don't matter, as long as they don't give it some huge advantage, i'd say, let them sell all that "pretty" stuff, plus hats and whatever for real life money, so they can make money and turn this servers profitable so both innova and players are happy.

6. Fei

Fei User

YES : Pet mount are something PvE players liked in L2, it was also a way to make some money for them when they raised and sold a pet.
    It's a feature and there is no point to not have it... obviously it need some balancing because after a while this goes totaly wrong with pet becoming OP like great wolf.

NO : Agathion is something totaly different and useless. it's for kido a typical gimmick from average Korean game, it unbalance the game cause it give bonus or skills, it's in majority ugly and distract the targeting in PvP, it's flooding the UI when in Classic the new war crest make mass PvP barely readable and it destroy the art direction of Lineage wich is one of his greatest asset since the game aged a lot graphicly.

Topic creator should have asked between Pet, Agathion and nothing in his poll, since its something different.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Sirius92, vanity, EnDmOsT and 3 others like this.
  7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

You guys need to remember the devs said they were "improving" the agathion system, in order to bring pets back... They prob making an agathion system that is pretty much like the old pet system... But as long as they don't give bonus forcing people to have them. It shouldnt matter at all, let people have their pretty flying things

8. RHDSyay

RHDSyay User

Improved how? They now give buffs? Attack? No thanks.

9. Orcoso

Orcoso User

nope, but nobody knows...

Like they said they will prove the agathion system to bring the pets back, wolves, hatchlings and stuff. They will be able to level up and stuff.

The only reason classic doesn't have pets right now is because it is too heavy for the game system. They will improve the agathion system to supply the needs for Pets and mounts.

10. RHDSyay

RHDSyay User

Except those two things I mentioned, there is not much else they could, so it's a NO anyway.

11. albers

albers User

Make the option to toggle Agathions On/Off individually. Make them fluffs, without skills or ability to attack. Sell them for money, profit+everyone's happy. You don't want to see Agathions on any character? Options>Toggle Agathions visibility. *Check* *Apply*

12. geba89

geba89 User

Well personally I liked aghations. Some of them were cool. The thing is that they got broken after they added stats/skills. If they do not add anything to your char and they will be only a visual effect then why not.
    Some ppl like them some not, its same as asking ppl why you like DOOM over BW (visually).
    And we need to remember they are not NPC's so they do not take so much memory for server compared to other pets.

I also liked any other pets, but wolf were just to strong. I wuld like old pets come back with a bit tweaks so they can be useful but not overpowered.

13. SandyStorm

SandyStorm User

I personally am not fond of aghations, but if other people like them, I don't care if they use them. As long as they are not game changing feature, purely cosmetic.

I do like pets (not those stupid pets from beast farm or kokaburas), but only wolves, hatchlings and striders. They could have some boosts, like castle defense or some skills to do more damage to gates or walls, have some speed boost when you mount them so you can get to wanted destination faster. They would not be game changing, would not really affect PvE or PvP. They should only be able to level if they hit monsters aswell, and yes atk should not be as power full.

vanity likes this.
  14. Hartassen

Hartassen User

They stated in the interview they had with korean developers that was posted here on the forums that agathions will be the new pet system and you can improve them in various ways etc.

This makes me feel uncomfortable as I don't want everyone running around with stupid little faeries on their shoulders.

15. geba89

geba89 User

They only said that current pet system is bad for the servers (causes lags and crashes of NPC system) so they need to rebuild it to something similar to aghation system which do not kill NPC servers because its mostly visual effect.

16. Hartassen

Hartassen User

I suggest you go back and read it again:

"
    • Players are interested in old pets that are currently not available in the game. For classic version, it is especially interesting as it has a great nostalgic component and implementing those old pets seems appropriate. Please share your thoughts about this idea. Is it possible to include this content into the game?
    There is a critical problem with pets that pets cause too much overload in game system. We are currently working on renewing agathion instead. New agathion system will be so that users can level up their agathions and make them stronger.
    This is planned for early next year."

17. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Thats a great idea, they dont want to risk imbalacing with pets and but they rework agathions to make them useful pet-like (and not having that awful feeding system).

18. Hartassen

Hartassen User

My problem with this change and changes like it is that the term "classic" which is what we all consider to be the old prelude-c5 lineage 2 is becoming so twisted that I don't think many old school lineage 2 players will recognize and feel that this is classic.

They could of just called it lineage 2 reborn instead of lineage 2 classic because as far as I can tell there's not going to be much classic left of it once NCSoft is done with it.

19. SandyStorm

SandyStorm User

If I understand complainers right... You want completely the same experience from Prelude to lets say C5? You do know if they did that there would be like 2000 players and no way in hell for new players to join the party. Game should be tweaked a bit to appear more modern. Also when they released the Classic servers and even before they stated that Classic will follow different path of updates as chaotic chronicles.

20. KoolAid

KoolAid User

Why would you add mounts? Its L2 classic, not Goddess of Destruction...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.