1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early game strategy?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by wewdome, Oct 13, 2015.

1. wewdome

wewdome User

So, we all know Lineage 2 classic is intended to be at least a little bit harder to play than regular modern MMORPGS, especially the part when a brand new player is getting started. The equipment is hard to find and definitely not affordable for the newcomers.

Whit that being said, I was wondering what would be the best strategy for (any) newcomer at getting started with the grind and gear management.
    Obviously there is the mandatory questing while XPing for every bit of bonus adena. Even though a player may already have an arranged group of friends or CP, all characters must at least get to about level 16-17 before they meet up in Gludio or Gludin.

A friend of mine did a test during the 3 day free trial on RU server and at level 17 he got low-ish NG weapon from quest, about 19k adena + about 24k adena if he sold his fists (from random drop). However grind is getting increasingly harder at this moment, I was thinking about the options:

A1) Melee/Ranged DD class - That low NG weapon is clearly not going to cut it. So finish as many as the starting villages quests, sell old stuff and invest as much as you can in the best weapon you can afford. We are probably talking about close-to-top NG stuff here. This option suggests always playing with your dedicated group, as you simply dont have the armor to be hunting mobs all by yourself.

A2) Melee/Ranged DD class - get a wooden/devotion set ASAP, stick with whatever weapon you got from quests or drops. Significantly limits damage output and party clearing speed, but allows solo play.

B1) Knight classes - follow A1, A2, or focus on armour instead. Spend all your adena on armour, become dedicated tank for your constant party. Of course, soloing becomes very limited.

B2) Support classes - follow A1 or A2 or help your friends/CP/canmates get better gear by loaning them all of your pathetic savings.

So, guys, what would you do in this situation? Which is the best way to manage your adena/equipment problem? What is the meta on RU classic? What is the best time to become a party player instead of solo grinder. I will edit the post and add useful suggestions and links .

Hopefully this thread is useful to many newcomers in L2 classic.

2. Stride

Stride User

Forget it, all you need is best items you drop/obtain by quest, exping after 10 level is all about fullparty.

it is completily different now, because newbie villages are empty.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. geba89

geba89 User

Well some classes can solo even to lvl 40 - mages with their recharging summons.

Everyone else need atleast small party to not sit every mob.

You cannot focus on 1 thing like armor or weapon if you don't have CP. If you look for random pt you will need both armor and weapon to not die on a party because you will never know what can happen.

If you are mage just focus on weapon, armor isn't such a problem. Ofcourse change it asap if you can afford it - remember that devotion is nice early armor but it does not help you at all in farming. So getting knowledge set is better - more m.atk, mana and p.def.

For early game you need the free weapon quest, and from that time you can try to get something better. I would wait till lvl 20+ to buy new weapon.

Early game target is devotion/wooden set + free weapon/64k weapon from shop.

With this you are able to exp easily to lvl 20 and then you should thing about upgrade - which depends on your class.

But also if you are smart enough you should be able to get top d weapon and armor at around lvl 24-27. On ru classic I got my top d grade (knowledge set + goat staff + top ng jewels) on lvl 26. (was elven wizard) (only solo)

4. Mbaka

Mbaka User

I have a strategy when I hit 20 lvl to go in most, if not all, starting villages and take their adena/weapon quests which are available after 17/18 lvl.
    Do you guys think this strategy will work or the amount of time spent and adena for few teleports will make it useless?

5. geba89

geba89 User

Well if you just run everywhere then should be no problem, but teleporting to orc/dwarven/Talking Island will take more adena than its worth.
    New patch note of RU servers bring 1-40 lvl characters free teleports, so if that comes to EU then you plan is fine :)

But I prefer going into nice spot and stay there till I get my 3kk adena.

6. c4rlito

c4rlito User

run 12 hours a day whit cp,full pt bonus gives +100% exp so who is going to solo will take xxx more time

7. Mbaka

Mbaka User

At start all nice places are going to be full as hell :D

I couldn't find any ~20 lvl quests in Orc and Dwarf villages and for that reason I will make the quests in mainland + TI. Unfortunately there is no ship so I will have to use TP.

I hope we won't start with the new update.

8. cryzsty

cryzsty User

Good luck getting 3kk while mobs drop 100 adena

9. geba89

geba89 User

Well I actualy did that on RU Classic. Good spot, no shots, no pots, solo from lvl 20 to 26 made enough to buy top d grades from shop. Count how many mobs you need to lvl up, multiply that x average adena + add drops (had a lot of armor drops there).

10. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

Is translated with Google, my Englich is bad :)

I've tested it in RU sometimes moment during the 3 days off.
    The first thing I'm going to bring a healer at lvl 10, and the Quest weapons make (If just a few quest mobs are free, otherwise the I let it).
    With lvl 10 so I 4000A and teleports to Dwarven Village.
    There I will be with my dwarf, Dual Boxing. I will there make no quest except the weapons since the Quest Quest A: too little Adena bring and b: want to kill all the mobs. (although I do not yet know whether it exists at all because mobs that do not belong to a quest)
    If my dwarf is 20 times he is only to make Artisan to D Shots and will remain only once at this level.
    Then I caught a Spioler and the level to 40, and then pull the Artisan on 40th

Warcheinlich I'm in between levels and also other chars. I always play very many Chars same time, so I can always play the char just fun for me.
    I have time and do not need as quickly as possible have a Char to 75 :)

11. turnON

turnON User

russian l2 which you have tested is boosted with exp and drop rate and adena drop if we get 1.0 you will exp even longer and get on lvl 10 arround 5k money if lucky

12. Quaak

Quaak User

I tried the 3 day trial myself and got my wc to 17 with casual play (about 3-4 hours a day and decyphering russian moon runes xD )
    So all i can tell you is that with the current patch the game is not as hard as ppl made it out to be. I had wooden set, a robe set (wanted to test stuff) and the noob weapon from the quest.
    Ofc this was easyer because starter villages on Ru Classic are mostly empty and enough mobs around for constant exp.
    I remember it saying that we will start with the same version that Russian server runs, so we will most likely start with age of war or age of splendor. Might have confused something but thats what i thought they announced.

13. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Im getting really nervous since you seem to have inside information and you keep talking about 1.0 :(

14. fagercraft

fagercraft User

From all the hints and words comming from Innova posts, i would assume were getting 1.0 at a 99% chance.

The good news is that it also sounds like theyll put in the 3x dropboost at start if possible (since this seems to be the single greatest change that saved the RU servers from hell a couple months after RU release), id estimate this happening at 40% chance ;)

The better question is how long we have to wait for patches, couse RU waited a long time, even by NCsoft standards for Age of War.

These are all my own specualtions of reading these forums since days of old.

15. Quaak

Quaak User

https://4gameforum.com/threads/25787/

For me this means we will start with the same version that the russians have right now, which means Age of War. I might be mistaken ofc.

16. Bartm3

Bartm3 User

As for me you are mistaken . According to Amarantha words , EU server will be launched when the RU server has Age of splender logically we'll have the same version as ru .

17. fagercraft

fagercraft User

HAvent seen that post o0 i thought i wath all post made everyday the last 3 months o0

i also found further down: (its these kinda statments weve been getting since day 1 of this project, making it sound like its very much up in the air. But the communty REALLY wants 1.03, if you go to newer patches its not so much wanted, some even would not want to start with higher patch so i think its less likely innova will start wit something newer then 1.03. Again this is my personal gut feeling, i can also be wrong :p )

@CM Amarantha would you be kind enough to clarify the 1.0/1.03 situation I mention a couple posts above please ? :)
    Amarantha - If by 1.03 you mean Age of War, I can say only that this question is still open and it requires discussion both within the team and with the developers. Launch of "basic" version does not necessarily mean launching the same version that was introduced on Russian servers in 2014, though. This issue will need much examining, and while making the decision we will take into account experience gained by Russian project.

18. Fragola

Fragola User

Early game strategy will largely depend on a version. I'd wait for exact info and then make my plans.

If it's 1.0, I'd do this: start with elven mystic or a warrior, because elven quests are more rewarding, also start a dwarf twink to farm adena at dwarven starting village. I'd be in a devotion set, levelling my weapon first and get a mythril set later until lvl 40.

Then I'd get one of my dwarfs to craft D shots, and then... who knows, I haven't decided what my main char would be )

19. wewdome

wewdome User

Personally, i would start a spoiler and level him up to about 40-43lvl. Maybe later i will reroll into shillen knight/paladin or abyss walker. But i'd go for wooden set and some mid ng weapon until i can afford top d blunt from shop.

20. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Didnt know elven's quest were more rewarding, did you compare the numbers on the classic ru wiki? If i remember correctly the only difference was the amount of shots from newbie quest.

PS: If its 1.0 we are doomed.