1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mage AOE

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Hartassen, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Ok so I understand everyone uses flame strike to 40. But how do mages AOE after that? Spellsinger doesn't get aqua splash until 58, spellhowler gets tempest at 46. Sorcerer gets blazing circle at 40 but it's kinda bad since you need to stand near the monsters.

So how do mages do aoe after 40? Keep using flame strike?

2. Fragola

Fragola User

Those who don't have 2nd class change AOE, use Flame strike - it's pretty good with C staffs.

Sorc uses Blazing circle, and it's the reason for taking sorcs into mage parties - he's got AOE very early.
    SH suffers to drop the SB for tempest first, but before that he's pretty good because if INT anyway and does damage with flame strike.
    SpS suffers until 50, when he gets his first AOE, not until 58.
    Necro is the most complicated as he needs a body for a corpse burst at lvl 46. So good party cooperation is a must here.

So this is the usual AOE exping with mage party:

lvl 40-46: Everyone but Sorc uses Flame strikes, Sorc starts using Blazing circle and dies a lot, especially if party doesn't have a tank (yet) and uses BD and SWS to pull mobs.
    lvl 46: Necro uses gloom on a mob in a train and everyone else targets this mob by assist, kills it and then Necro uses corpse burst immediately. If a party has a lucky or wealthy SH with Tempest - he helps.
    lvl 50: finally SpS gets his AOE

3. Hartassen

Hartassen User

What AOE does SPS get a 50?

edit: you must mean frost wall, but this is a close range aoe too just like sorc's blazing circle

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  4. Fragola

Fragola User

yep, I mean that one. With a good tank the range doesn't matter. With a bad tank, mobs will be on you anyway.

5. Hartassen

Hartassen User

It's funny you should say that. Because I keep hearing on these forums how you don't need tank and just need warlord to aoe. So do people actually use tanks 20+ or 40+ for aoe as well or is it just for 50+?

I really want to play a tank but I don't have any clan/cp yet and random party will probably be really bad if nobody wants tanks anyway.

6. Led0kaiN

Led0kaiN User

20-35 - AOE mag party fast exp (20% hour)
    35+ - melee party low exp (4% hour)

loock mag cp 10 member.

7. Fragola

Fragola User

WL and tank are both control members of a party. The nature and result of their control differs so the actual setup of a party depends on many factors - what a Party Leader wants from the control.
    In my humble opinion tanks are way more flexible both in PvE and PvP.

People use tanks from 20+, WL becomes useful only with mass stun 40+. How to exp 20-40 then?

also:
    Provoke isn't Agro, doesn't hold mobs. The only way for mage party exp with WL is to hope he's holding everyone in mass stun.

Summary: if you want to play a tank, you should just do it and find a CP and/or clan - you'll be taken care of and resurrected with love and 50% =)

8. Fragola

Fragola User

This party uses both tank (DA) and WL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.