1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aos (Age of Splendor 1.5) start being good or bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by migulogigolo, Oct 25, 2015.

?

What kind of L2C start would you like to see?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2015.
  1. Age of Splendor update as is.

44 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Age of Splendor update without transformations, free teleports and D grade gear quest.

77 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. Pre Age of Splendor update.

35 vote(s)
    23.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. migulogigolo

migulogigolo User

1 Choice per human being, rant on, if there is something wrong about this start, closes in 14 days. List things you like to be removed etc.

EDIT: Poll has been updated and reset due to the request of the OP.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  2. SandyStorm

SandyStorm User

Second choice is good. Extra territories for late game are a bit much to start with, but it won't affect the game progress a lot.

3. Banish3d

Banish3d User

Yeah i'm agree with this second choice too, Age of Splendor (prelude) without these things are pretty good for EU.

4. Stahma

Stahma User

The second choice is best. But I will be happy with the “AOS update as it is” too...

5. kuragari

kuragari User

Age of Splender is not Prelude. They are starting the game off at C2-C3 with Aden territories and Lair of Antharas. It's very bad.

JeremyInAshes likes this.
  6. Norz!

Norz! User

Aden territories without Tower of Insolence though. And if I remember correctly you could go to DVC as soon as C1.

Btw, not a huge votes sample, but I find interesting that so few people are against 1.5 when you know how vocal a few people have been against starting... with 1.03. A very vocal minority indeed.

I understand where you're coming from and why you worry @kuragari, but i'm pretty sure that as long as a couple 1.5 features meant to help people catching up are turned off, it'll be fine.

7. wewdome

wewdome User

I prefer aos zones but no aos casual bonuses

8. geba89

geba89 User

I cannot understand why AOS update is disliked. AOS update doesn't mean things like free d grade weapons/armors like its on RU currently. Those were introduced for players to catch up and it wont be available on EU coz there is nothing to chase.
    D grade armor quest is fine its still a quest, part of the game.
    Newbie buffs till lvl 20 looks fine for me, free teleports are something we don't need as we got adena boosted rates, right?

9. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Since apparently criticizing the poll in the same thread it's posted in is considered off topic and warrants post deletions, I'll try to use non offensive and passive wording. Wouldn't want to trigger anyone and be blamed for cyberbullying.

Sheep mode: I voted "Pre Age of Splendor Update" (for reasons that should be obvious). However, there is nothing that will change which update we start with so choosing "Age of Splendor update without transformations, free teleports and D grade gear quest" is the lesser of the two evils and the option I would have chosen if the poll was created to get to a genuine constructive result.

Tirith likes this.
  10. /Jedd

/Jedd User

Even if we don't get the free D grade and ports etc, we have still lost the soft level cap that RU had which means a lot of levelling zones that should be pvp focused will not be or at least not for long. The no life cps will steam ahead leaving a huge level gap between themselves, hardcores and normies.
    There are videos from gk where 3 parties are downed by one due to level difference and that was with a soft cap.
    Not saying that normies would necessarily ever catch up even with the cap in place but the level disparity will be huge inviting a one sided server more than ever.

11. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Three months of Age of Splendor then it's time for some A grade!! HYPE!

12. Norz!

Norz! User

I wish I read your non censored version if it was a reply to one of my posts, but seems like i'm too late :p

Reaching 61 in 3 months alone would be pretty sick. According to people playing on L2C, even under 1.5 it'd could take casual players 3-4 months to reach... 40.

Hardcore players will take 3-4 weeks for 40. So yeah.. and I mean, it's people that have been playing L2C RU for long long months that say so, not me.

13. Lemmers

Lemmers User

All it takes is a few groups of dedicated players and we've got full alliances unable to participate in sieges/epics/everyday pvp cuz they'll just get steamrolled.

14. wewdome

wewdome User

There is no point in crying about nolifer cps outleveling you very fast. This will happen no matter the circumstances, because this is what nolifers do. The only way to fight them is to zerg them 4vs1 party or smthng like this. No level cap will ever prevent you from being "outclassed" by nolifers.

Linley and Fragola like this.
  15. kuragari

kuragari User

That is exactly what a level cap does is stop that. If there's no level cap, this server is dead before it starts.

JeremyInAshes likes this.
  16. vvhitevvizard

vvhitevvizard User

For God sake, no free teleports, D grade dispensing quests and transforms. They dont belong to competitive development and economy strategy we used to have in classical LA2. Not to mention why would someone need that stuff for newborn servers.

I misunderstood the 3rd option, voted no at first. But thats the proper way to start off on the game. Aden/DVC areas should be added later

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    RMuser likes this.
  17. RMuser

RMuser User

Teleports must require some payment fee to be used at any game stage.

RHDSyay and vvhitevvizard like this.
  18. vvhitevvizard

vvhitevvizard User

with pre-C1/C2 update, DV would be the top spot. Let players reach 55-63 levels and have some pvp there for a while. Let the average player to catch up with hardcore players or shorten a course at least. Without entering casualifying loops. Postpone Age of Splendors update for a few months

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    JeremyInAshes, kuragari and RMuser like this.
  19. Orcoso

Orcoso User

that is exactly what happened on classic... 1.0 and 1.03 DV and EV were the top spot, so people could get to lvl 60 or something. That gave people time to catch up and also the organized one to lvl up alts, rechargers dorfs to be able to make a real group in DVC. We won't have that luxury

20. Fragola

Fragola User

so, 1.0 is no good for being too hardcore (-10% death penalty, adena, exp curve etc.), 1.03 is no good for being too hardcore (sieges with guards, adena and drop rates, no B set, few places to exp etc.), 1.5 is no good for being too hardcore (too many places to exp, higher lvl cap, free teleports).... jeeeez, guys, you'll never have your own private version of a perfect L2C...

:68:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.