1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which tank u think?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by MIHNO, Nov 5, 2015.

?

Paladin vs Da vs Sk

1. Paladin

36 vote(s)
    19.9%
  2. Dark avenger

83 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. Shilien Knight

62 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. MIHNO

MIHNO User

thinking to roll a tank.. Which one u think will be good and please state your choice!

2. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Warlord!

But if you really wanna go tank, id say dark avenger since you have the panther that doesn't consume xp

3. geba89

geba89 User

DA is currently the best tank (Panther, debuffs, shield stun/attack etc.)
    Ofcourse Paladin is good to but more defensive one. SK is weaker version of DA at this moment, he got good debuffs but still shieldstun/attack and panther is way better than cubics.

Hopefully they will upgrade SK in next chronicles (maybe TK to :x )

4. Bartm3

Bartm3 User

TK is awesome :)

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

SK was usually the best one to solo, but tanks weren't meant to solo so... on a tank world SK was always the worst compared to the others.
    TK has speed, good heals and a great shield def, but no damage at all (I wouldn't make one on classic at all)
    Pally has good heals, and some other good skills, but at lower lvls (classic levels) I would go with a SK since his damage is high and cubics.
    DA, has the panther and some nice debuffs, so it is the best at lower lvls (can tank and still solo extremely well), and will be pretty good at higher lvls.

6. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

None ...
    Warlord are better on every points of views included tank role.
    Some ppl will say DA is good (joke). DA is good only with ROBE (not robe mastery of course) for debuff with SoV (mage weapon).
    gl hf.

Ironic likes this.
  7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The problems with tank on classic, is that no one uses them...

There are no melee parties at all, archers don't use tanks they kite mobs around, and mages use a WL and AOE. The WL on a pvp will also use a robe set (doom for run speed) and a pole, so they can run fast, with a little bit of extra mdef (depending on the set) and aoe stun the enemy.

8. Ironic

Ironic User

You can have a mage weapon and pick SK to be efficient in pvp (debuffing enemies).
    You can go with warlord and take it easy, stunning people from range.
    You can pick any other tank and pray a mage doesn't kill you, until you go next to him and be lucky with shield stun. (No matter if you have the panther or not, since you need to run into group of mages).

9. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Hate is a good pvp feature, there are plenty of tanks strategy where they try to keep the target out of their members, something very common back then was the tank to hate their main targeter or the strongest DD to keep the target away from the rest of the group. They also can use their stun to paralyze the enemies WL.

But yea, I don't think in classic any kind of melee, besides the WL, bd and sws of course, is worth playing, due to the huge number of debuffs and mages

10. MIHNO

MIHNO User

then it's like 95% will archer/mages and the 5% who just like the class they play!! Seems i'd be at the 5% or prob w8 for my doombringer to come :)
    That's kinda sad of what l2 became.. nevermind.. thank you all for yours suggestions and the discussion :)

11. wewdome

wewdome User

Well in mass pvp dark panther is useless, while sk has a wide array of debuffs. Of course, it cant be compared to any nuker, but sk is the best for any melee party and tough raids. Extra hex from cubic is priceless.

As for tanking abilities, all 4 tanks are ok, the gear and healer are more important than class of the tank.

12. Slicer

Slicer User

you're saying that SK is good, but any BD can do the same on the field with debuffs. They can use aggression too.

13. wewdome

wewdome User

Bd has only 1 hex, bd has weak aggro, bd doesnt have hate aura for the mobs, bd doesnt have armor or shield masteries. He has to conserve mp for hex, sting, arrest, dances and possibly freezing strike, if there is no other slow in the party.

To me, sk looks like a good option for a tank. Given the fact that DoTs are very useful in classic, sk has decent attacking skills too. The only problem is that there is no place for a tank in a ranged party. However any archer would be happy to shoot a target with 2 hexes on.

14. Slicer

Slicer User

Yes, but pvp wise, it's pointless. your party will always prefer to have one more archer or nuker. I don't think that the stacked (when it stacks) hex from the skill and cubic would be enough.

What is the difference in pvp between the 2 aggression skill between BD and SK ? I didn't play on L2C, but I think the effect is the same in pvp. Not to mention that SK have low hp/cp, and is vulnerable before level 52 (aegis) and even more before level 64 (shield fortress).
    I also have a question about shields. In my memory, the shield pdef was added to the mdef when it blocks magical projectile ( like prominence or hurricane ) . Is it still true ?

15. wewdome

wewdome User

Never heard of shield Def affecting m.attack.
    SK can easily drop 4 dex and probably 8 str in order to get +12 con. Same story with bd. However, tanks gain more shield def through con in classic.

True that melees and tanks in particular are not very viable in pvp, but they have their uses, and are ok in pve parties. There will be future updates and noone knows how the balance will change. imo go for the class u like as long as it isnt sr, pw, aw, pr or summoner :)

16. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

BD has weak agro?On pvp agro betwen sws bd and tanks is the same, the diference is only for pve.
    What do you mean 2 hexes on? Cubic hex and hex dont stack.

17. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Shields don't block magic attacks, and I've never seen cubic hex + hex skill stacking. If it's happening now, maybe it is a bug in Classic.

18. NPlay

NPlay User

I think you don`t play in L2 classic, if you write it. Shield blocks magic and makes it very good, even if you do not have shield mastery(with buff EE/PP)

19. wewdome

wewdome User

But they do.

20. Slicer

Slicer User

Finally people may have real intrest in SKs ... Thank you NPlay for confirmation.

@Yunalesca : Hi ! glad to see you there !