1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc Shaman / OL quesiton

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Kvothe, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvothe

Kvothe User

Hello guys,

I have just few questions in regards of shaman / ol in the upcomming AoS classic.

1) Does M.atck affect land rate or dmg of dots on shaman?

2) Is it possible to buff party with OL on upcomming classic? ( I know it wasn't possible till Gracia Final previously but it might have changed? )

3) Do you guys have any link for actual database of skills for AoS as there should be some changes from old Lineage?

Thank you in advance for all the answers.

Best regards,

2. Razakel

Razakel User

1) No, land rate is affected by lvl difference, you wont be able to land lvl 20 dot on mobs higher than 25.
    2) No, only clan.
    3) Overlord skills and WC skills.

Kvothe likes this.
  3. Kvothe

Kvothe User

So it's still same as before. I appreciate your fast and helpful response.

4. Quaak

Quaak User

I like the new single target HoT both get, but i guess im going wc because OL requires active clan and i dont have the time to invest for that.

5. Kvothe

Kvothe User

Well, that's what I am affraid of too. As I don't have as much time as previously, it might be problem to find decent clan without CP system willing to exp with OL...WC can easily find random group but hell what will OL do? Also, I am still not sure if it's worth to play WC due to nerfs to VR as PP will be superior.

6. henio1112

henio1112 User

can u be more exact about VR nerfs? how it works now? i remember VR were nerfed in HB++ that gives less vamp for each monster hit, how it works now?

7. Razakel

Razakel User

It's chance based, not constant like it was before, but i don't know how often does it work so someone who use it has to specify that.
    I would like to know that too since most probably going WC.

8. Kvothe

Kvothe User

Also, if we are already in discussion, what kind of dyes are you going to use for pve? Full +wit - men or let's say +wit + con?

9. Fragola

Fragola User

this will be affected by m atack, especially when crit.

PP is amazing, but a lot slower to buff the whole party

Both of them will have hard time finding a random party after lvl 40

First, the numbers:
    VR of SE: https://l2central.info/classic/Гнев_Вампира_-_Мудрец_Шилен
    VR of a WC (requires a SB): https://l2central.info/classic/Напев_Вампира_-_Вестник_Войны

The chance of working isn't bad, but you cannot rely on it when exping, so it's kind of a nice bonus to have, but not a deciding factor or a must-have-buff.

10. Kvothe

Kvothe User

Could I ask why would WC has hard time to find random pt?

11. Fragola

Fragola User

Because there are few random parties - everyone is in the cost party with their own WC/OL or solo with boxed buffers.

12. henio1112

henio1112 User

but for sure there will be clans without having CP like good old times :p same as me, i dont rly have time for CP and i dont want to log everyday in the same hour into game cause CP requires that,

RL>FUN

13. Quaak

Quaak User

Well, i guess the russians play like that, but Europeans are much more casual and i believe there will be many ppl playing here without CP who will gladly go with random partys.

Hartassen likes this.
  14. fagercraft

fagercraft User

OL debuff landrates are pretty overpowered as are all debuffs in classic.

OLs are in all aoe parties for buffs but also debuffs and dmg(AOE silence, aoe poison, aoe chill flame, aoe root, aoe wind shackle, etc)

15. iSammy

iSammy User

I'm assuming wc/ol doesn't get mp back when using Life Steal like they do in GoD? That was a fun feature that actually made the class playable :D

16. Fragola

Fragola User

They don't.

iSammy likes this.
  17. Kvothe

Kvothe User

I was just testing orc shaman yesterday on different classic server ( free ) and when I was using basic dot I have noticed, that monster has to be same level to land the skill, otherwise it failed most of the time. One level higher land rate was like 1/4 and 2 level higher it was like 1/10...then you never landed the skill. Was it just like this on RU classic? Is it necessary to exp on max same level monsters?

18. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

That free server is full of bugs and non-working stuff.

In real classic (ru) the dot chance is quite good, i only failed it like 1/10 in early lvls with white/yellow mobs even without bss or empo, when you add those to the mix the chance gets really low even if its on higher lvl mobs.

19. Kvothe

Kvothe User

I guess you are right. I have just tried that for testing purpose but seems really weird. To specify this: I had no troubles when I have learnt the skill on lvl 7. Land rate was around 90% to the white mobs. But then when I was around level 11-13 I had huge problem to land the dot on mobs which were even white to me...if they were for example 2 lvl higher land rate was like 10%. Once I hit lvl 14 and also received level 2 dot, problem was again solved which means that what matters is skill level. So the actual question is: Do you have trouble to land DoT to for example mob lvl 12 when your skill is from level 7 or to lvl 19 mob when your skill is 19.

20. Razakel

Razakel User

I might be wrong but as far as I know it works like that:
    lvl 20 dots landrate on lvl 25 mob is about 80-90%. If the mob is lvl 26 it gets considerably worse. From what I read on russian forums, Orc shamans had to lvl on lvl 25 mobs till lvl 30 when they got next skill level. They face same problem going from 35-40 as you need to lvl on lvl 35 mobs.
    I really have no information about m atack effecting dots land rate in PVE. From what I heard it does not effect it at least in PVE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.