1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffer

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Giposaur, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giposaur

Giposaur User

Hello all,
    In my active L2 days I used to play as EE but now I want to play as a pure buffer.
    Can you please suggest me a class bearing in mind the following factors:
    - I doubt I will be in CP because I'm going to be really casual now
    - Considering the above, I guess this buffer has to be welcomed in more than one type of party (nuker/archer/melee...)
    - I don't like SE at all :D
    Thanks in advance guys :rolleyes:

2. Kvothe

Kvothe User

Definitely PP, no other option.

3. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Most useful early would be SE, but if you dont like it as kvothe said PP would be your choice.

4. Giposaur

Giposaur User

Well yeah PP is one of the main options (it is PP vs WC I guess) but as far as I remember PP had really bad time finding parties back in the days. It was like everyone had one of them as 2box (because of the static game play maybe).

5. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

10eu subscripction per box, a hard as **** to solo chronicle and the lack of supports compared to DD chars quantity will help you find party sooner or later.

6. Kvothe

Kvothe User

There will be many CPs and those will aim for end game and all of them will have their own buffers, however, due to the fact that we are all little bit older then 10 years ago, there will be many ppl playing for fun and even without boxes and in that case I believe that PP suits best. Usefull in all kind of parties, can work as secondary healer if necessary. I am still not sure if I will play OL or PP but well, PP is easier way to go I guess :)

7. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I'd choose a bladedancer, it is wellcome for both fighter and mage partes and can solo if there is no party available. Pp will be the number 1 boxed buffer followed by SE but it sux as party buffer due to single target buffs the class takes an eternity to buff a party. Even now WC is a better party buffer, in the future wc-ol(ol will be able to buff party not only clan) will simply make pp useless even as a box buffer when they get more buffs and so forth.

8. fagercraft

fagercraft User

afaik there is no korean patchnotes yet that has set OL buffs to party, please share link!

BD is good allaround choice. Must have in parties, HEX, Bleed, Heavy Armor, high dmg, MP regen for solo (decent solo, awesome duo and up)

PP for live buffers (you need to manage mana and know how to buff fast etc to keep perties happy)
    WC for lazy *** or Box friendly
    WC for solo (Freezing flame HOOOOO!)

But PURE buffer = PP in classic. WC got no zerk, BtS, Resists, Regen(not as good as VR but not far away for warriors/high pdef chars), 8 sec invincible buff..

WC gets basic stuff + offensive skills instead pretty much.

SE is pretty awesome too for any party with Empower and Stigma + recharge. Lacks haste+Acumen thou. But recharging so melee can use skills is prob better then no recharge+haste for dmg tbh.. saves SS too!

/endrant

9. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I don't need to see any patch. I already know ol will buff party at some point in future updates. You need to think in long term not only the current patch. And with that in mind ol-wc will render pp useless even as a boxed buffer.

10. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Dont expect classes to develop similar this time.

PP got 8sec immunity buff at lvl51.
    WC got WW at 48 i think.
    SE got Stigma.
    Dwarfs gets selfbuff bless blood effect, Cancel, passive Debuff.

Not saying you are wrong, i also believe we will see buffs spread to WC/OL at high levels again. But we might see other stuff for PP also.
    Long term dualboxing a WC will catch up at lvl56 and be decent, at lvl 70+ hes on par with PP. Since VR is nerfed he never gets better then PP buffwise.
    and anythin 60+ and dualbox is silly longterm, at that point you could have a lvl58 PP that you dont have to xp anymore making the box not steal your xp.

So even if you wanna think 1-2years ahead (pre75 pretty much) a PP will net you faster XP all the way to 75 in a dualbox
    And if you say CPs gonna be 75 in 6months, yeah but they dont dualbox either :p

WC is good since you can box yourself solo, and your 5 friends with same amount of klicks if you are lazy.
    WC is good live for its dots and **** :p
    WC is good for full party pvp buffs instant, PP requires abit buildup.
    But if you wanna count longterm dualbox, i would go PP every time.. second would be SE (better allaround for alts etc, and #1 for nuker ofc). SE needs lvls for recharge thou so cant really stay at 58 forever..

Sorry for derailing into box discussion..!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  11. Giposaur

Giposaur User

Thanks for your opinions guys ^^
    So I have to decide between PP and WC lol.
    I'm not considering dualbox char, only main. I want to play l2 because of the group stuff and with ppl who doesn't have dualboxes. That's what i'm missing most in l2 - the community.
    As for the class - the reason I didn't want SE is i'm not into DE o_O That's why BD is not an option also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.