1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrior 9man Party (PvP + PvE) theory

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by fagercraft, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fagercraft

fagercraft User

This is a setup i have been thinking about.

EE+SE
    SwS
    PP
    Warrior
    Warrior
    Warrior
    Warrior
    BD or Warrior or Tank

-BD is not needed for PvP, since you will as gladiator/tyrant/Warlord use skills 95%, so a Warrior more for more burst with skill or Tank for PvE/AoE/PvP control. Youll miss some attackspeed in skills thou.
    -EE+SE has greater heal also but later lvls, its should still be enough to keep warriors under fire alive, more importantly you need MP spam on the skillspamming warriors.
    -PP+SE+EE= All buffs covered
    -SwS is must for pvp for runspeed, mdef, pdef, HP etc.
    -PvE using skillspam might be to much MP problems even with 2 rechargers unless you go AoE (wich you should but Glad/Tyrant AoE is Adena spammy)
    -Dont need BD for AoE
    -SE has stigma for RB etc
    -No Restore Life

This setup is not tested, and i would very much like to hear opinions on it, troll to if ya want but please atleast give some reasons to your opinions!

2. Bosephine

Bosephine User

It would be fun to run an all warlord party, your clan would love you on seige day.

Why not bishop, ee, wc though? Without an orc it takes FOREVER to buff. Do you need SE then? Maybe add extra recharger instead of tank.

3. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Why a party of warlords would need a tank?
    Why no WC or ol? Do you want to take forever to buff - rebuff the party?

4. fagercraft

fagercraft User

For PvE the extra buff time means nothing aslong as the buffers are live and not boxed.
    OL.. why ol for buffs? I guess you could replace a warrior for OL for debuffs and some extra fast buffing.

If you got live EE+SE+PP you can buff fast if you cooperate. EE does 5 buffs, SE does 5 buffs, PP does the missing 8-10.
    Or PP does them all.. and keeps them rolling so you never run out...
    WC doesnt have BtB+BtS, and if you skip Bishop you need BtB.
    its not "forever" while it is longer then a WC.

You cant replace PP with OL, lacking Haste and if you ignore both haste + haste dance then its to much...

Bishop+EE means only 1 recharger, no stigma, 1less rooter. You get more healpower but since there is no major heal in the game and greater heal is buffed in healing SE+EE combo isnt that far off from a Bish+EE combo. no restore life might be ****ty thou since a warrior party should have big HP pools.
    Bishop wasnt that OP back in the days before they added major heal, nerfed greaterheal and added 76+ skills like balance life etc, and bishop was the only one who could enchant the max lvls of the heals. It wasnt uncommon for EE to be main healer since its greater heal had insane cast speed like a greater battle heal. And they could recharge whenever heal wasnt needed.

Warrior setup could be crazy **** like 5 glads+tyrants, with a mix of 1-2 WL for mass stun. 4-5 instant 600 range stunning skill with Blessed SoulShots(only added in korea yet) sounds nice even in PvP to me ;) Even thou Melee still wont be on par with Mage/Archer but we all know that already anyway.

Am i just ****crazy thinking this setup is kinda cool?

5. wewdome

wewdome User

Se is useless, bc stigma is mostly good for raid bosses and that's it. Btb and bts are not enough reason to get that useless pp in the party. Bd is not optional, hex is a must, especially if there is no other de fighter. Crt dmg and attk speed dances are also mandatory. Get sws, bd, wc, ee, bp, th, 2xgladi and tank/tyrant/wl

6. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I'd pick BD,SWS,WC or OL as main buffers and EE+SE if you want healers + some recharge.

Song of critical chance + dance of atk speed + dance of crit damage are mandatory mainly when you see how melees lack dmg right now.

7. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Why is critical dance and speed mandatory in a skill spam party?

If you AoE you skill spam, if you PvP you skill spam. Only party where you actually hit stuff is singletarget parties. What you need is MP to use those heavy hitting skills in AoE :D!
    I mean for PvP BD is pretty much useless outside atackspeed dance (abit faster skill animation).. i could buff caster dances for the healers thou i guess.. and thats quite good tbh hmm.

OL is not an option for a buffspot. How can you replace a WC/PP with OL?
    OL would take a DD spot.

Hex is a must but Stigma is useless... how to you reason that. Both got 600 range right? I guess HEX is easier to cast for a Tank/BD then for healer but other then that Stigma should be like a second hex!

1: SwS - Musthave
    2: EE - Musthave
    3: (BD spot) - BD vs Tank vs Extra Warrior (SK would give you Hex+Tank+Para, Warrior would give more burst from extra skillspam, BD more autohit dmg+hex)
    4: Healer - Bish vs SE (More healpower or More Recharge/Stigma. Bish if you have WC, SE requires PP for optimal buffs)
    5: Buffer - PP vs WC (Both works TBH, WC requires Bishop for BtB, PP has better buffs WC has enough and instant fullbuffs from nobuffs)
    6-9: 4 warriors for desired party combo (WL+WL+Spoil+WS PvE farm madness or 4xGlad for PvP power.. many setups possible, your choice)

This is how i reason the basics of Warrior parties atm. other then the BD+Tank/3warrior standard setup we all know.
    Now i wanna go SE+EE in my dreamsetup for the MP over extra heal. And with that you need a PP to cover BtB and adding lots of extra buffs and 8sec immunity over WC+Bish.

I think that for most PvP its not the matter of how much the heal lands for, its rather can the heal land before dead in burst. Warrior HP/BtB should help with this. Outside that having more MP to keep your group going for longer then 1 kill seems much better then extra healpower. Add to that you will have EVERY buff needed with that setup.
    PP can also drop some ver decent emergancy healing when in the heat and root anything getting close to healers. And make a focused target unkillable for 8 seconds. WC has nasty DoT, extra stun (but warrior party has loads of stuns) and nice CC with sleep.

God i ******* love that VR is nerfed and Greater Heal is back to original and the balance amongst the buffers/healers is back to pre C3.. so many options makes it much more fun!

Oh btw im also planning ahead and gonna aim for a Tyrant/WL/Glad party using BLESSED SOULSHOTS that they have in korea now. The burst from skilldmg should be really nice, archers gonna be nasty too with that. What i can gather BSS will have 2.3xdmg instead of normal 2.0x.

8. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

I will only recommend you one thing, focus your setup on only one objective, either pvp or pve because if you want to have both (and dont have enough drivers for OOP boxes or whatever) your party will be devided between pve and pvp efficency but will not be really good on either of them.

Naralein and fagercraft like this.
  9. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Very true!

10. Parody123

Parody123 User

Well, I dont see any reason not to have WL in that party, no matter the PvP or PvE route. So most probably you would want to do AOE farming where MP recharge is everything, and as u said, even in PvP you want to spam skills for as long as possible . So EE is a must, SE is good too. I would take PP over WC since the BtB for warriors is amazing PvP wise. SwS is no brainer. Now, the question is BD. Here, I am not sure. But since Tyrant skills do more dmg than Glad skills, you probably want BD for that Bizon spirit. Plus skill speed is not that unimportant since mages usually go +12 wittnes and you dont want to be nuked to hell while using skills.

EE
    PP
    SE
    SWS
    BD
    WL
    Glad
    Tyrant
    Warrior

I played on Gran Kain and lvled Glad to lvl 42 so my knowledge of later stages of the game is not that great. Would be nice if someone with more experience would shed some light on this.

11. Micaelis

Micaelis User

Granted I've never played with +12 wit, but in normal L2 concentration is most important PvP dance in any type of party or else your healers and support will be not very useful. I don't see how that can be eliminated.

12. Allmost

Allmost User

without WC??

PP(BISH)
    WC
    EE/SE
    BD
    SWS
    DD
    DD
    DD
    Spoil/WL/Tank

13. fagercraft

fagercraft User

why would you go WC+PP!
    You can atleast get an OL+PP then seriously :p!
    Nov 15, 2015
    Thanks for input, im not sure how tyrants works these days, why does Bison need BD? and how good are tyrants compared to glads skillwise? Would love to hear a short pros and cons of tyrant!

Also agree that WL is pretty damn sweet.. i just never enjoyed playing pole that much (as main weapon.. ) to get into WL class. So trying to think outside the box abit and see how to best utilize some classes to not **** totally in the game.

14. Parody123

Parody123 User

WL is used in necro PvP parties... so thats how good his range aoe stun is.

15. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Tyrant is useless imo, even for pve AOE (has some nice skills for AOE but quite behind compared to WL), for single target is top notch but still not worth all the trouble imo. Glads are better suit for pvp than tyrants (any melee with ranged stun becomes 100 times better for pvp than before) and their pve AOE is better i think (dont remember correctly, but their AOE cooldown is not that bad in low lvls like it was on the original chronicles).
    There was a video of a high level tyrant from redzerg trying to pvp with his melee party and he was kind of useless even when the enemies were unskilled (an organized party will burst or debuff you really quick, making you like a dwarf: a giant useless hp ball in ranged pvp).

IMO the class that need to have 10 times out of 10 is WL (at least one).

fagercraft likes this.
  16. migulogigolo

migulogigolo User

17. Parody123

Parody123 User

Melee in general sucks, well, they are Ok against other melee based groups but thats it. In recruitment section you have one EU CP melee party which goes for 2 WLs. That means they are aiming to stun the **** out of their enemies and rest is to burst stunned targets. It might work sometime but well, mby with 2 WLs it could be more often possible to pull out. The problem is when melee wants to focus some1, they r pretty much on one spot, and if the other party has WL, well, u know what will happen.

18. geba89

geba89 User

Personally I would go:

1. SWS - Must have for pvp and pve - obvious reasons
    2. BD - Not needed if you would go for skills only, but it can happen that you might not use skills then atk speed, crt dmg and p.atk are useful. Also great for pve.
    3. SE - Stigma for raids and killing targets like healers. Recharge is a must.
    4. BISH/EE - Bishop best healpower, EE can provide good buffs but has less healpower and we do not need resist shock so much when our party is made of 3x tyrant?
    5. PP - Best buffs in game, we get everything here, extra time doesn't matter.
    6. SK - Hex, cubics, ability to do raids, good for pve and pvp. Brings a lot when saving our healers.
    7,8,9 - Tyrants. - Good iin aoe, pvp and pve. Has good skills, totems make this class versitale and able to adapt to most of the situations. In case you will have 0 mana you can still **** ppl with fists with awesome atk speed.

If we consider Warlord party then:
    1. SWS - Obvious buffs
    2. PP - Best you can get
    3. EE - Recharge/Buffs
    4. EE - Recharge/Buffs
    5. Bishop/Additional warlord - no need so much heals when everyone is stunned
    6,7,8,9. Warlord

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  19. Parody123

Parody123 User

Forget about reaching any range party with your first party tbh.

20. TRoGDoRB

TRoGDoRB User

IMO, the DD's are interchangeable but basic setup for melee party is;

WC - essential, non debatable.
    BD - essential, non debatable.
    SWS - essential, non debatable.
    EE - essential, non debatable.
    SE (Stigma preferred over bishop) or bishop
    Warlord (ranged stun to close gap in pvp, though not sure if PvE setup works with warlord?) or tank for CC.
    DD (Tyrant)
    DD (Glad)
    DD (Insert melee DD, maybe dagger for burst)

Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.