1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ~Seraphina~, Nov 14, 2015.

1. ~Seraphina~

~Seraphina~ User

Dear 4game/innova. Steam has 125 million active users. I have yet to meet a single gamer in real life who has even heard of Lineage 2, even though they have played several MMO's.

When you took votes to find out whether or not you had enough people to actually OPEN a Lineage 2 Classic server in Europe, you managed to get over 16 thousand votes, many of who will play actively for a long time, and many who will not be able to withstand the grind enough to actually stay more than a few weeks or a couple of months. It is also worth mentioning that almost all of the people who voted for you to open a Classic server, were long time L2 players who are and have been fans of this game for a very long time. That means basically no new players, and by new players I'm refering to gamers who have never heard of Lineage 2 before, and do not know what they are missing out on. When Lineage 2 arrived to the western community in 2004, NCSoft did a very, very poor job in regards to advertising and Lineage 2 became a game that noone ever heard about. It was like a secret you would hear from a friend that he himself discovered by accident. The game that noone played unless being introduced to it by a friend, and I believe that was one of the main reasons why the Western community never even got close to measuring up to the high amount of users in Asia, and NCsoft lost a lot of potential players by not advertising and actually letting people know that the game existed.

As a company that would like as many subscribers and players as possible, I urge you to not make the same mistake as NCsoft did 11 years ago. If you get Lineage 2 Classic EU to show up on Steam, dozens of millions will see the game and get introduced to 4game's Lineage 2 Service, and you can only imagine what that would do for the community here in regards to server population, and financial gain for 4game to both improve and expand.

I urge you, your sake, and ours. Please do your best to get Lineage 2 Classic (EU) on Steam. Let people know this game exists.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  2. -hvg-

-hvg- User

This is a good idea , tough i doubt 4game can add lineage 2 europe classic to steam. Finding a similar way of advertising is a fantastic way to touch a lot of people that may consider to join this project.

~Seraphina~ likes this.
  3. Kruma

Kruma User

idk licensing issues but it'd be amazing to see a lineage 2 classic release on steam with anyone being able to connnect/download regardless of region, definitely would bring in $$$$$$++an insane amount of players, fun to imagine
    btw i hate transformations, common items, blessing of protection,

~Seraphina~ likes this.
  4. Hojin

Hojin User

A Version of lineage II is available on steam for NA (http://steamcommunity.com/app/373700), i don't think rights are an issue

But yeah, we all agree that it would bring new players, there are not so many ways to promote a game so old.

5. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Really? Now the age is a problem? Or maybe coz its black? Come on, just a simple email would work, or invite a friend to sub get a week srsly I'm not part of their sales team if they got one, but they are not selling it, maybe it's their intention, but I do remember IGN, MMOhut and a few other MMO sites mentioning something about LA2 classic, so who knows.

6. Hattori

Hattori User

Doubt anyone who dint play lineage would withstand that kind of farm

7. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Fair point, I think even ppl that used to play it won't last for long if lvling is all they care about.

8. Hojin

Hojin User

Even if a majority of people won't even play the game, if it's on steam, it will add visibility, and some people will try it, it can't be bad.

9. Dianoace

Dianoace User

There is a Gabe Newell simulator !! this game is the biggest **** ! I think L2c can do it :p

10. Norekien

Norekien User

Alright, let's think on how to advertise it:
    Pay for a free bot server!
    -Buyer: Ok, thats nice, but shouldn't it be obvious and free to gwt a server withou bots?
    Grind for endless hours to get 10% of a level and if you die, you lose all the evening exp farm!
    -Buyer: mmm well
    Get stunned by an enemy while you kill some mobs and drop the items that it took you weeks, even months to get!
    -Buyer: cya
    Let's keep it real, advertising l2c is hard because only brainless people (i already bought the 3 months pack) would play it.

11. vvhitevvizard

vvhitevvizard User

some players do miss such a real MMO gameplay.

corvik and ~Seraphina~ like this.
  12. Yslock

Yslock User

Some L2 players still think that Innova isnt an official platform....

13. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

Yes Yslock it is true, if I never heard of Innova long time ago when they made European platform for lineage ii, I would be able to think like some Internet users and Mmorpg searchers, another crapy private classic for Christmas.
    :16:

14. WorldOfNecro

WorldOfNecro User

Its very good idea, but be realistic for a second. It will never happen

15. Saijitsu

Saijitsu User

+1

Never :30:

16. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

Never say never, u do not own steam and u are not a part of the team who are publishing the Mmorpg.

17. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Is there a possibility to add Lineage 2 Classic Europe to Steam? it will boost subscriptions a lot

18. MaemiOgien

MaemiOgien User

nop. u still can't. we all are waiting for the link.

19. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

he meant Steam, the gaming provider.
    Not stream for download The Game :)

20. Arrowone

Arrowone User

I know this is quite offtopic but I added lineage2 to steam. So I can start the game through steam and that people can see that I am playing it :D NOT WHAT YOU MEANT I GUESS