1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding: Mobs quantity / respawn time

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Alexsaysz, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Please add to the general description of characteristics of the server(s) -future forum post- any note related to this if you decide to boost them up considering the amount of people there are going to be on the opening, specially quest-related mobs.
    I guess innova has the ability to customize these things from the retail files.

Thanks.

2. Norz!

Norz! User

Would be a good thing. Opening will be messy enough either way.

3. Rainlok

Rainlok User

I think they should include it in their patchnote, also I think we should get it in pieces if the whole thing is not yet ready.

4. iTabulator

iTabulator User

I remember when Core server did open that GM's were actively helping spawning mobs from quests and so, they did a really good job there. I believe same might happen :D

5. Luminight

Luminight User

I recall ncsoft boosted mob spawn rates in lower level zones when the kamael launched

6. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

But they didnt when new NA off server Zaken opened up and the zones ended up crowded by kerberos' bots.

7. Hartassen

Hartassen User

If there is no monster spawn boost at start then every melee will stay in the starting zone for an hour because every mage is just going to windstrike 1 shot everything.

8. Teetrinker

Teetrinker User

they did... training golems, corpse to show of your sorrow... almost all bottlenecks.

9. Parody123

Parody123 User

Well, at least they will know what to expect in the future to come. If melee has any future at all...

10. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Its gonna be the other way around, Power Strike is King in KS, and range is not an issue since mobbs are killed by a powerstrike as soon as they spawn.

Once popluation goes down and mobbs are not insta killed, windstrike will be king again.

Soulshot Powerstrike basically one hits mobbs up to lvl5 or so atleast.

MrRollback likes this.
  11. Parody123

Parody123 User

That would require camping spawn place and not running to mob... Not saying it is totally unrealistic scenario at the start at least.

12. Coretex

Coretex User

Do you expect the launch to be so bad that melee wont be able to kill mobs because of ranged?

I dont think it will be that bad. Some people will start a week earlier, so the population in starting zones will be decreased.

13. Lemmers

Lemmers User

How many people that are interested about this do you think aren't going to pre order?

14. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

I played and all those spots were taken by bots and the "boost" wasnt enough, maybe not at the early-early beginning since setting up so much clients take some times, but after a while the situation went out of control.

15. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Pretty much this, anyone who isn't preordering is basically saying they aren't going to be competitive. And even though a lot of ppl won't be and just play their own pace it only takes like 100 people at a starter zone to create hell.

16. iboyanov

iboyanov User

Increased respawn rate of quest monsters is mandatory, being automated or manual.
    I recall a quest for no grade weapon for orcs - you are required to kill twice or more times in a roll one quest monster with a 2-3-4 minutes respawn rate. Basically every single orc had this quest and the queue of people waiting was super huge, and I literally mean it - if you are stubborn (read: not so bright to skip it) to make this quest and unlucky with last hits, you can stay up there a whole day!

17. TRoGDoRB

TRoGDoRB User

Yeah I remember retail Luna server launch, going for the shaman quest mob, we had around 15-20 people all KS'ing it at the same time. Such a pain.

18. Danrelen

Danrelen User

While playing on ru classic I've discovered huge queue of players on human island on the human mystics quest. Respawn about 5 minutes, last hit required for gain quest item. 3 quest mobs with such conditions. No manual respawn by GMs = big pain in the a.. neck.

19. MrRollback

MrRollback User

Not true.
    If you start 1 week ahead of me you have and advantage of:
    20 levels first day
    10 levels second week
    5 levels month later
    1 level if any 2 months later

SonicYouth likes this.
  20. Luminight

Luminight User

Anyone with half a brain will be leaving the starter villages after level 6 anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.