1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hattori, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hattori

Hattori User

SO what most of EU players skipping classic? or they just skipping this forum?...recruitment hall flooding with russian...language sections got like 1-7 discussions lol.. any thoughts?

2. Mrkiller

Mrkiller User

Avoidiing forum

3. Yojjo

Yojjo User

We are dead in da movie

4. Parody123

Parody123 User

We will get rolled over by russian nolifers that failed on rusian servers. Sad but true. :)

Undressed and kuragari like this.
  5. Norz!

Norz! User

I have a pretty bad feeling about this tbh.

I mean, not everyone spends time on forums like I do, but we're like what.. 20 regulars posters ? 30 ? Let's say 1% of players like to post on forums somewhat regularly, it still looks very bad. I've seen (solid) private servers with 5x-10x this forum activity before, for a 2-3k starting population.

To be perfectly clear, I don't like F2P games - let alone P2W - but Ive been scared for a long time now that closing the servers to (99% of the) NA and SA players, plus having a P2P model whereas we all know that most of the EU playerbase is mostly "broke" players from eastern Europe is more issues than what this project can take.

And when you think about the indisputable fact that 30% if not 50% of those that will start will be gone within 3 months, it's a bit scary.

I hope that if this flops, we'll get a chance to have our toons migrated to a Russian server, playable through an EN client. But we're not there yet, let's just hope i'm just being dramatic.

6. Quaak

Quaak User

Maybe most europeans who play this game nowadays have a job and a family to support and have other prioritys then russian schoolboys/girls or unemployed ppl.
    Besides theres still alot of russians who wanna come here to make money by RMT, and if innova does its job right they will leave with a loss of 25€ because they got banned.
    Let the server be on for a month and then we might see how many legit russian players are still left.

I for myself dont care if they take over the server or not. I have a job and a girl i gotta take care of and these things are more important to me then having the longest virtual penis in a videogame.
    Take my advice and stop worrying. Play it for fun or competitive but dont whine when others invest more time and are better.
    this game is not really much about skill and more about commitment and time spend. You cannot be the progamer and the successful businessman with a wife and family at the same time.

Undressed, Le9end and vagelaras like this.
  7. /Jedd

/Jedd User

I'd rather have no server at all if it the only way it could run was via f2p it's the worst and most destructive trend to happen to mmos, well, ever, in my opinion.

iMadD and vvhitevvizard like this.
  8. -hvg-

-hvg- User

If a lot of players are as lazy as me they will read the forum but not post on it. Also i alone have several friends who will join even if they don't read the forums. If innova are confident enough to open a server it's gonna work , no doubt about that.

tiocs, vagelaras and Fragola like this.
  9. Smade

Smade User

f2p is bad,but 10 euro per account is just too much.I have the money but now im not sure i wanna expend 20 euro/month (main+box).

10. WizarDEAD

WizarDEAD User

So dont play with box

11. Coretex

Coretex User

I think this forum just isnt so popular. Plus I believe that many players interested in L2C are those who played original L2 more than 10 years ago, so that now they are in their 30s or late 20s having other responsibilities like jobs or even families. I would say most of these people simply do not spend much time on game forums. I could be wrong though.

It wouldnt be bad to have a mostly mature and hopefully a little more reasonable community than in regular recently released themepark mmos.

12. Fragola

Fragola User

I think you cannot judge L2C EU server success by prelaunch forum activity.
    Russian Classic servers have 5000+ active players, but forum activity is very low in comparison - I see same 50-100 people posting.

13. kuragari

kuragari User

I have been very concerned about the amounts of the worst kinds of people from the RU community coming to EU classic in order to RMT only. I've tried to get in touch with Amarantha and not had a response regarding what they are going to do about this.

As you all can see, it's a major, major problem. Europeans can't play 24 hours a day and live on Lineage 2 RMT money. We have jobs and lives. The money that comes from Lineage 2 RMT is way too small for people from Europe to live on. These two worlds should have been kept separate. There is a RU Classic for a reason. As far as I'm concerned, Innova need to get back to us with a plan regarding what they're going to do about this problem.

Russian players are not a problem. Russian no-life RMT businessmen are a problem. They will not let this project survive.

Finally, I think this is worth pointing out. This is EU Classic. The EU people who are playing this, have a right to be surrounded by their own demographic with similar online times, culture and attitude to the game. The RU community simply doesn't match that.

14. vvhitevvizard

vvhitevvizard User

I beg to differ. This is against european liberal values. ;) Back in the old days the original L2 servers in Europe/N.America were truely international.

I agree with u on the RMT issue tho. We, regular players, need to collaborate in fight against those 24/7 organizations like we did against china farmers before.

15. turnON

turnON User

Every normal player who want healthy server , will fight vs them .
    No one is going to have second chance as we have now with classic. how we do it from beginning , this is how it will be for another years

16. Parody123

Parody123 User

So we have a voayer in the club...

17. Danrelen

Danrelen User

Relax, this is not a clan forum. Writing and even reading of this one is not obligatory for us. ;)

18. Coide

Coide User

Post count doesn't give you exp. Most of the people just read waiting for news.

Kentha likes this.
  19. TRoGDoRB

TRoGDoRB User

Wait, WHAT?! it DOESNT?!?!

Bosephine and Parody123 like this.
  20. Janeway

Janeway User

Like ppl say, we just looking at the forum and read stuff while waiting on info. once server is up then we can start to talk.

I wonder if they will make a pure russian clans kinda like we had farmer clans like wowowredfiretruck witch members was from china.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.