1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts about Warlord/Gladi/Destro/Tyrant

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by ThreeNill, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I am 99% going to play one of those classes but I can't decide which. So I was hoping you would help me better evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each.

The main class I am leaning towards is Destro, however...

Destros

+ good pve, solo or with party
    + decent in small skirmishes
    + should be high in the "to be buffed" list
    - are the most useless of the 4 mentioned classes (or maybe among all classes) in mass pvp.

WL

+ great party pve
    + most useful class for mass pvp
    + easy to get a party (PUG)
    - worst solo pve
    - low dps output in small skirmishes

- probably won't be buffed soon, maybe even nerfed

Gladi

+ good for pve
    + great for small skirmishes
    +/- somewhat useful in mass pvp (gets a +/- because of the ranged stun)
    - probably won't be buffed soon, maybe even nerfed

Tyrant

+ should be high in the "to be buffed" list
    + Decent in pve
    +/- Decent in small skirmishes
    - somewhat useful in mass pvp

I welcome personal opinions and biases backed by examples or other comparisons.

Cheers! :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Parody123

Parody123 User

Well WL is the obvious choice, rest is just hoping for melee getting better.

3. kstyle

kstyle User

Tyrant is not expensive character as people thinks. People used to use Rabbit totem in PVE which means that for a little bit faster leveling they were spending more money on shots. Use totem which increases P.Atk instead of attack speed and you will actually become shots friendly class. Every other class with bow/dagger/1h sword will use more shots than Tyrant.

4. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Ok I guess I had to mention that I probably won't be a part of a CP and will rely on solo farm and PUGs. That's the only reason WL is not the obvious choice. Even with P.Atk totem tyrant still gets lower (need to verify by what %) dmg per shot compared to gladi and destro, thus it's more expensive.

5. Parody123

Parody123 User

Find clan and they will wellcome ur WL with open arms. But yea, I kinda understand ur predicament. Well destro is pretty good at aoe and single target.

6. kstyle

kstyle User

Post 40 only WL/Destro/dwarfs are better in shots usage and only if uses pole. Glad post 40 will use duals. If he don't do aoe with skills, he will burn even more money than tyrant. I don't know if tyrant has here aoe skills, but if he has he is way better char to level up than any dd except Warlord.

WL isn't that strong as people thinks. WL was always good in pve, just here in classic, where PVE really matter people turned back to WL power in PVE. In pvp WL still a ******* kiteable turtle. He is fine in mass pvp like sieges/fight for RBs, but in regular 1v1-9v9 lvl he is useless. Every ranged class will kite them with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  7. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Then why most parties still use it when 9v9? I dont think its just because it's already a part of the group. Ranged class can kite it but anything from the other party comes closer they will get stunned by the ranged stun (has a high %) and can be bursted down by your own dds. Also, if anything gets even more closer they will get perma stunned by thunder storm.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  8. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Ok you are right. Same grade Duals/Fists/2h blunts have the same P.Atk. I will remove the expensive drawback from Tyrant.

Then would you pick Tyrant or Destro?
    And if you are to pick Tyrant, why wouldn't you pick Gladi over it, since his stun is more useful, wears heavy armor (better solo pve)?

WL is ok on small skirmishes. You are guaranteed to be able to stun at least one person. And that's the worst case.

9. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Tyrant it's considered the most versatile melee dd char, and its (for most people at least) one of the most fun chars to play. His efficiency is another topic (melees, specially in the lastest patch, got buffed but they are still behind ranged except WL).

Destro is less versatile and therefore less "fun" to play since it's more "straight foward" and limited regarding what he does and unless you do stuff like aoe > pole you will probably get bored pretty easily in PVE (and PVP too because you will be so slow that even if you are pretty tanky mages will eat you like a piece of cake). They got a new aoe that ignores pdef but it doesn't debuff but they don't have the old and lovely op crush of doom. They also got a new active skill: [​IMG]

Havent seen a pvp-frap of a high lvl destro in ru classic. Most of the fraps are aoe-pole pve with guts/frenzy and full buff.

10. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

@Alexsaysz I agree that destro is pretty monotonous, however I expect to see little mass pvp, so it wouldn't be that big of an issue. I think for 1v1 or generally in pvp up to 10 ppl destro is still fun. You can bash people's heads with a big-*** hammer :D

But what about the Gladi vs Tyrant then? I'd agree that Tyrant is more versatile than Gladi as well but does that make it up for Gladi's "better" skills in general?

11. kstyle

kstyle User

It was always like this since C5. Warlord haven't changed at all. He was strong always vs melee classes and piece of **** vs ranged.

12. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

Tyrant !!!

In reality, Gladi are strongly nerfed. On Original L2, Gladi with 7 charges obtain 70-80% bonus damage on next skill. On Classic, Gladi with 7 charges obtain 30% bonus damage only on next skill.
    That mean 3,4,5,6,7 charges give even 30% bonus damage on Classic.

13. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

It's the same for Tyrant imo :D
    Nov 17, 2015
    I haven't seen a destro fraps either, unfortunately. That made me think nobody plays them.
    I've seen the new destro skills and they are pretty useless.. Might Expert that you linked requires an overwhelming amount of MP, I can't remember where I was looking at the graph but it's way more than Vicious Stance for example.
    The AoE that ignores P.Def is only with swords.. and it might be good for pve but I don't expect to see destro with sword on pvp, I'd laugh my *** off.
    So all-in-all these skills are **** :D

14. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

Yea but Tyrant have totems and self buffs for each case, not Gladi.
    Strengh of Gladi is burst (70% to 30%, hard ...).
    Sonic Blaster at 600 range, every ranged can kite him until he die.
    None ranged DD can kite tyrant without use control.

15. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Fair point, I can also notice that Tyrant retains Punch of Doom, while Destro doesn't have Crush of Doom, as well as Tyrant's weapon mastery has a chance to slow on each hit.

16. wewdome

wewdome User

Also tyrant has cripple and punch of doom doesnt self-stun him on classic. The glad is balanced to that with his ranged stun, sonic move and the ability to get SA through enchanting his weapons, and also the ability to wear heavy armor. Rabbit totem is still better than sonic move though.

Overall they are pretty balanced with tyrant having better burst dmg and speed, and the gladi having better survivability and crowd control.

17. Quaak

Quaak User

Id love to play a tirant on classic. anyone got some Videos of classic Tyrants?
    I remember seeing some from korean servers.

Edit: Found it.

18. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Destro will probably get a buff sooner or later just as other melees got, because not even his "final ultimate" type of buffs are as good as they were (i know they had to nerf stuff to make it balanced, but they nerfed it too much considering how easily he can get killed/debuffed in pvp).
    Even rage seems meh now.

The best thing i've seen from a destro was a destro farming with pp+se+bd oop buffs killing alone in EV.

19. henio1112

henio1112 User

yeah they nerfed frienzy almost to "nothing" compared to early chronicles,

the problem with destroyer is to get to close range, and while he does that, its not even "game over" for enemy
    also vampiric nerf hurts fighters a lot

20. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

How is vamp nerfed? I am looking at the values and they are the same? 6/7/8/9%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.