1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About botting.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by 1stratos1, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stratos1

1stratos1 User

Will u ban everyone using 3rd party programms?

Will it be instantly when someone trying to log in with one, or only if you catch one farming without him being in the pc???
    I dont know how much it helps but many private servers ban automactly on trying to use a 3rd party program. Of course active GMs is a must as well but its also possible for someone to use one and just checking it here and there, still it makes it unfair to those who dont use programms like that.

I think not having a bot fest is really important, thnx for ur time in advance!!!

Sihaya likes this.
  2. Hartassen

Hartassen User

The server will have a bot report function. You press it and it gives the character a warning point so to speak. Enough bot report clicks on a character will be investigated by GM's.

That's how I understood it from Amarantha's post on the matter.

3. Oscar

Oscar User

baning instantly is amateur's approach, games with biggest userbase (and % cheating) just flag these and ban them in banwaves (each few days), this way bot vendors can't fix their soft right away.

4. 1stratos1

1stratos1 User

true that. Well what i care most is to have a server as bot-free as possible, no matter how. Players need to help as well but still most of the job is done by the active GMs etc.

Never played official but heard the worst about bots. Knew some guys who botted on official and told me its normal/necessary as most of the ppl used bot at least once.

I hope it won't happen here but cause hope is just hope thats why i made this thread to learn as much as possible about how serious innova is on protecting the L2 classic from bots.

5. Oscar

Oscar User

you can login on Core and move across map to check most common bot spots - you will find single wynns at most, full parties are rare and disappear fast. On the other hand you got NCwest where bots run 24h per day for weeks and noone cares :D

6. sharx

sharx User

these are the dumbest topics that always get created.
    it doesnt matter if they will or dont ban bots and how they do it. the final answer will always be bots will be banned.
    wether they ban 1 bot a week or a 1.000 a day, they will never give you specific info or numbers.

7. 1stratos1

1stratos1 User

@sharx Yeah i know that they aren't gonna say yo we dont ban bots, its a waste or time or smth.
    The thing is that i heard that team innova are pretty against bots so they will propably do a better job against them.
    So infos from players are more than welcome and sometimes more honest than from moderators/gms.

@Oscar i see, looks like on one region its their game that they care and on others regions just a way to earn more money??? ... its sad but it makes sense.

8. Fragola

Fragola User

Ru and EU are taken care of by Innova, KR by NCsoft and NA/SA by NCwest - these are different companies with different approaches to botting.

I play at Ru and I don't suffer from botting - haven't seen them around for a long time.

A lot of people who started botting at RU were banned - from nonames to top clan leaders, so yes, Innova takes good care of players in this way.

9. 1stratos1

1stratos1 User

Thnx a lot for the response, thats good knews for sure!!!

10. Rytfield

Rytfield User

There's usually a correlation between the amounts of bots present and my PK count so we'll just have to wait and see and then I can tell you more :Whistling:

DutchPwner likes this.
  11. sharx

sharx User

i tried RU servers a couple months ago, made a human and realized TI was full of dwarf bots farming all over the place. i can provide screenshots from what i saw. also after getting 20 i checked some places where i also found bots in groups even. Are you sure they are not around anymore ? it would definitly make me more willing to preorder instead of the "wait and see" option.

12. Tirith

Tirith User

Botting is not permitted and the result of using 3rd party programs to automate gameplay in anyway is, will be and always was a bannable offense. Please restrain from using such programs if you wish to enjoy the game!

Nyweris and Fragola like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.