1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best strategy to begin from scratch with an archer.

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by LeGoguenard, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeGoguenard

LeGoguenard User

Hi guyz,

I'am going to play a human Archer (or Phantom Ranger).

I will play with a friend, he is probably going to play Prophet. But not sure aboit this :)

I have a couple of questions, because i've played in official servers in classics, but its far enough to forgot how the game was hard.

So what i should keep in mind with an archer ?
    I remember SS for archer are very expensive. And get stuff too.
    I want to play a class who can be decent in PvP.

So what is the best strategy to get decent stuff ? Xping ?

Any guide or advices ?

2. G3n3s

G3n3s User

kill mobs 24/7 and soon enough you will have good gear and high lvl :D

[A]KaEL, Linley and Coide like this.
  3. Janeway

Janeway User

only thing I rember back then was that archers was using daggers until 40+ then they switch to bow due to the amount off ss being used, as for pvp archer is not bad but like all classes they have a weakness keep that in mind when u pvp and u should be fine.

vagelaras likes this.
  4. G3n3s

G3n3s User

what weakness would that be ? using mana for autoattacks ?

5. wewdome

wewdome User

Their weakness is low dpm compared to nukers. If u find another archer, u will be able to farm without ss. Using dagger requires u to have armor too, making it more expensive than bow.

IMO stay melee until about 24-25 using whatever wpn u get from quest. At this point u will probably have enough money to get gastraphetes or at least elven bow. What weapons u will use depends strongly on the possible drops u will have

Other option is to use the quest dagger until u can buy cursed maingauche and possibly hvy armor.

Best archer atm is human. Dark elf is pretty bad bc of bad stats.

Another strong duo is se+nuker. The problem is that high lvl pvp parties use off-party pp and se that are usually boxed.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    vagelaras likes this.
  6. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Getting destroyed by mages is a pretty big weakness.

If by pretty bad you mean absolutely the best!

7. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

IMO dagger its better for even more levels, if you lvl by grps (less adena because no arrows, better dps with less buffs, etc).

The one situation were bow is better is were you duo with pp/se since they can root the mob and you drop it from range, not wasting hp (really good pve duo tbh).

8. -hvg-

-hvg- User

The absolute best archer in terms of stats is the hawkeye , all his stats are more balanced then silver ranger or phantom ranger. A hawkeye has everything an archer needs. The most effective way to farm as an archer if you are solo till 25-30+ is to farm monsters that have a chance of dropping a better weapon/bow that you want to use. Farming 2-3 lvl's on that particular mobs can almost assure you a full drop of a better type of weapon and even more then that. You can sell the extra for a high ammount in order to purchase better armor or a better bow for your 25+ farming. It is highly recomended that you farm in groups after 20+ because of the efficiency. Don't mind spending 1 adena per arrow as it won't matter at all especially because of the adena boost that EU servers will get from the start. The Soulshots should mainly be used as a macro with your high damage skills in critical pve situations/pvp. If you do this you can outfarm even the best of nukers because you will never have to sit for regen like ever... i tryed it and it worked wonders. Cheers!

9. Lemmers

Lemmers User

How do you figure so, frand?

10. -hvg-

-hvg- User

I did it so i know it's possible. You won't outfarm aoe parties , what i am talking about is from start , lvl 1 to 25. You can farm and farm and farm some more while every other class that dose not use bow will have to rest a lot and a lot.

11. /Jedd

/Jedd User

Terrible over extension like I see in most videos, apparently.

12. vvhitevvizard

vvhitevvizard User

amount of SS being used is reduced in L2C. E.g. 11 down to 5 SS for eminence bow. And some bows consume 1 SS now.
    Nov 23, 2015
    Thats close to the mark, upto lv 20 fighters can level up nonstop and spend less adena comparing to mystics.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  13. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Yea I doubt you will out level any mages doing that rofl...

20+ Elven wizards get a recharge pony, there is no xp consumption and extremely low cost. So you will kill a lot faster than an archer not spamming shots.
    20+ Dark Wizards get BTM, that means they can trade mp for hp. That means they can use that super lowbie self heal that costs almost no mp and hp pots to heal up. That would make them rest a lot less and still have a faster kill rate.
    20+ Human Wizards get both BTM and the pet for heals/MP. I think by now I don't need to tell you how that would affect leveling right?

Sorry, I missed the post you said that would be a 1-25 thing only, guess that is pretty close to the truth, it will change completely after you get lvl 20 tho

14. ziggle

ziggle User

I know that archer class as loads and loads of clicking all over the screen all day and every day when playing in small party or solo.

15. wewdome

wewdome User

Are u serious right now?

16. G3n3s

G3n3s User

thats called kiting :D
    and with good enough gear / buffs you dont have to do that, ofc you dont have buffs/gear from 1-25

17. Lemmers

Lemmers User

When have I ever not been serious?

18. wewdome

wewdome User

:) :) :) :) :)

19. -hvg-

-hvg- User

What did i say? The archer can keep up ONLY on early levels , till 20 and a bit past that if you get a good drop. Please read the posts before posting useless information.

20. stenbukken

stenbukken Banned

Not to create another tread I have a question related with archers- does sr's rapid fire and pr's dead eye has an affect on skills? I mean does rapid fire incease casting speed of skills? (if so does it also reduce skill range?); and does pr's skill crit harder on dead eye?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.