1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuker thread (Sorc, Necro, SpS, SpH)

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Nithael, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Nithael

Nithael User

So..which are you guys going to choose and why?
    Which would you choose for farm, pvp etc.
    I'd go for sps.It may be a pain in the *** to lvl up, but hey...it's the most fun mage DD to play with (imo)

2. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Necro: Huge advantage on everything, they got summon with transfer pain for pvp, their "problem" is the pve, their main nuke costs cursed bones, you can xp with the fire ball till lvl 44, but you will need to use the expensive nuke from 44-52, after that you get CDL, so you have a high damage nuke, but you are forced to xp with under 30% hp. That is for solo, for AOE you get corpse burst, requires a mob already dead, but has no mob limit. He is also mana efficient, with BTM and corpse drain.

SPS: Faster cast speed, cancel is nerfed, horrible with mp. Good AOE

Sorc: Pretty much the same as sps, but with a lower cast speed. Can't think of a good reason to go Sorc.

SH: Great for mp, gets their AOE skill at early lvls. It has high damage, BTM, corpse drain and CDL. Plus regular nukes don't cost anything (unlike the necro) and is the mage with highest Matak.

vvhitevvizard likes this.
  3. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Basically the only nukers worth playing are Sph and Necro.

4. lMak0l

lMak0l User

How bad is cancel ?

In terms of cast speed, range, and range of buffs removed.

5. wewdome

wewdome User

Magic is heresy!
    Anathema!

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The only problem is the cast, it takes 3-5 seconds to finish it, the rest is fine.

7. слава п

слава п User

necro with SE&PP box :)

8. Fragola

Fragola User

the only reason: 2ns prof AoE at lvl 40 (without spellbook), earliest of all mages.

9. G3n3s

G3n3s User

simply because you like the animations over the ones from the other mages ? and/or you want to play a human mystic skin ?!
    2 good reasons to play sorc (ok if you like the skin you can also go necro o_O )

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Getting one skill earlier is a bad reason, soon enough everyone will have the skill and your other advantages will come knocking in your door!

Meh, playing something because you like the skin is pretty bad lol can you imagine the amount of human and DE tanks we would have? Or people wearing heavy while they should be using light or robes just so they look cool?

11. G3n3s

G3n3s User

if you think about it it makes sense, since the grind is basicly 6times as long as in c1 you need to watch that toon you play 6 times longer which means you gotta like the skin your looking at. if not you will feel a need to reroll / trade acc or whatever and be basicly unhappy with what you do. the solution is to start with the right char/skin.
    i would never play nerco mainclass since i dont like the human mystic skin at all.
    if id go nuker it would be sps/sph just for the skin.

12. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The grind isn't 6 times longer than c1, that is just a dumb assumption that are scaring the players away.

And you are basing that information just on the XP chart? Have you ever consider that we have better skills that we had in c1? or that the game mechanics changed A LOT from c1 to classic? or maybe that the mobs don't drop the same amount of XP they used to in C1?

Specially on 1.5, even without the noob help things, players are progressing a lot faster than they were in c1. Getting B grade a lot easier than the original B grade.

So please stop saying things like that lol

13. G3n3s

G3n3s User

getting bgrade never been a problem ...
    i remember redknights and camalot players running around in b at the first month after prelude on bartz so plz

and wtf game menchanics changed, what world do you live in ? its l2 we are talking about ... you still cant controll your char right with wasd keys but there are major game machnic changes that makes you lvl unbeliveable fast, dont make me lough.
    only reason ppl progress faster now then 11 years ago is that they dont need to learn the importance of buffs/partys and/or are used to aoe partys in a cp ...

14. Orcoso

Orcoso User

that is a extremely ignorant thing to say lol

So you saying that games mechanics never changed in l2 because you can't control your char with AWSD? Is that the only kind of mechanics you can think of that might have changed?

From the the original version in prelude-c1 plenty game mechanics were changed from what ever the last update before god was. GOD also changed a huge amount of mechanics, and those were also implemented in classic.

You need an example of changed mechanics that made the game easier? Exp party bonus is a great example, back in c1 we didn't have 100% xp party bonuses like we have now.

We had less lowbie quests, classes had less skills (Wc for once started w-o some important buffs).

Other thing that makes xp easier, that mob that spawns from dvc and dv mobs every once in awhile. Inside DVC this party was getting 8k every regular mob, but when they killed that one special mob, they would get 170k from that one mob... That is equivalent of 21 mobs, and the spawn isn't that bad.

Items drop A LOT more, they even had to reduce the amount of mobs that dropped from mobs, cuz it was getting ridiculous.

I am sure that the fact that a few members of two clans had b grade one month after c1 means nothing, while one month after b grade was implemented here we had 9-10 full groups with b grade sets, lots of weapons and a few groups with enchanted b grade bows.

15. G3n3s

G3n3s User

i didnt read all what you said since i gtg to work soon, but yes im saying that most game mechanics didnt change the whole time that i played l2 in the past.
    teh biggest game mechanic change i can think of right now would be from c1 to c2 that songs and dances both take more mp for the next song/dance instead of just dance takes more mp if there already dances and songs more mp if there are already songs. ofc they tweaked mob exp / drops a bit each chronicle like in c3 in the endgame catas dropped maj full items, in c4 /c5 they didnt.

but thats not such major things as would be required to make you lvl faster then before with 6x the xp required ..

16. Orcoso

Orcoso User

why did you even bother replying if you didn't read at all?

And by that reply, I can assume two things, you never really played L2 or you quit during the early chronicles...

Really? the only change you can point out is the song and dances thing rofl...

I really don't want to go through every change the game suffered in all these years, maybe at classic 1.0 things were a little bit harder than c1/prelude, but the chronicle we getting, 1.5. Has a bunch of improvements, party exp bonus, mobs xp increase and quantity, etc.

You should really read the patch notes, before making dumb assumptions like that.

And you really should read the old L2 patch notes too rofl, seems you don't know 10% of this game.

Alexsaysz likes this.
  17. Rytfield

Rytfield User

I've personally always loved Spellsingers. They slurp mana but that's why you should have an SE or EE with you :) Perhaps other nukers are better stats wise (debatable) but there's more to it than that imho. Played Spellhowler which I enjoyed but I still liked the Spellsinger better. Necro's were fun to play as well but I only tried that as a subclass. Never really rolled a Sorcerer unless you wanna count a QA raider. And like some mentioned above I also don't really like the human mystic skin, females are alright but their running animation is a bit weird. On the other hand, male elves look a bit odd to me as well.

When it comes down to it my most preferable to least preferable would be sps > sph > necro > sorc, but that's a personal opinion.

Also, Spellhowlers are way too mainstream #hipster

18. Orcoso

Orcoso User

They are good, we just want the dude to consider everything before he makes an sps+ee duo to xp lol

Which is gonna be a horrible mistake lol sps is a mana hog and deals less damage, combine that with the lack empower and you and your EE will be sitting a lot.

19. Parody123

Parody123 User

If u wanna box recharger, I dont see a point for going for EE instead of SE.

20. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I think he is playing with a friend or something that wants to be active.