1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bishop with BW LA

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by zitki, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zitki

zitki User

Hello,

I would ask you about bishop wearing bw la set. Isn't that true, that 91% c speed from la mastery and 15% cast spd. from set is worse than avadon robe set or bw robe?

Please tell me why is that.

Thank you

2. iTabulator

iTabulator User

one of the reasons might be that you'll have a smaller mana pool, wearing a robe increases MP

now, best option knowing this would be to compare stats also in what level you're using the light armor since if you're not top lvl yet probably you don't have that mastery leveled up to the max (?) not sure about this.
    I guess you may lack of casting, it's never enough casting speed! (since you could go +++WIT even if it's not maybe the best choice to go full WIT) well... nothing like checking stats!

3. zitki

zitki User

Yes, smaller mana pool can be recovered with Homunculus's SA called Conversion. Too high cast speed is not good because if you have got too high, the cooldown will stop you and you will cast in one speed anyways (in my opinion, I will play healer for first time at classic).

4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Yea, don't do that rofl even with the bw light cast speed your cast will be extremely bad, which is bad for a healing pvp, your cool down might not change, but the speed your heals go out is highly influenced by your cast speed.

Classic has no SAs, and even if they had, you should be using acumen, not conversion...

The only reason you might wanna try and go light on a bishop, is if you are planning to solo, light + duals, but then I wouldn't go BW since it has bad fighter stats.

If your job is to be a healer not a DD you need to have a high mp amount and cast speed.

5. geba89

geba89 User

On retail servers I saw some ppl using BW light + HP weapon on bishops/EE (on C2/C3) where you could be just 1 stabbed by daggers, and it was working fine, you just needed full buffs + dyes.
    Right now we got fixed reuse of skills so probably a HP weapon or light Set will be working fine.
    Bishop with Acumen weapon + BW Light set + Dyes WIT/CON will be really hard to kill, and since pvp does not last long the mana pool you got is enough, also remember you got EE on your back!

6. zitki

zitki User

so how works 91% c.speed from la mastery? robe mastery doesn't have c.speed boost and with robe it's only 15% c.speed boost? with bw light it's 91% from mastery and 15% from set.

7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

nope, you won't find many daggers and the ones you find won't be as powerful as the ones from c2/c3, plus you need to be able to cast your skills fast, you will need to heal yourself and your party members, the EE will be doing the exact same thing, so you do need a mana pool.

remember, melees aren't such a big problem this days, if a dagger comes close just root or sleep them. With a mage weap and emp will be extremely hard to fail

8. geba89

geba89 User

The mastery cast speed does not realy increase your cast speed, just make the penalty a bit lower. You should have about 10% (as I remember) base cast speed difference between robe and light armor. So +15% cast speed from BW will give you less cast speed compared to +15% from avadon.

@Orcoso

Yes I agree with things you say. But with full buffs, dyes and acu weapon you will have over 1000 cast speed which is enough. The mana pool is the problem.
    I would personally go for BW light when I get my mana down to a level where my BW robe set don't give anything beside cast speed. So on some lvl we can just swap it to get additional p.def without cost of mana.
    ofcourse vs mages BW robe would be better, but in some time we might see melees that get buffed and will **** healers. In 2.0 daggers get hide.
    And vs archers? Swaping armors is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  9. zitki

zitki User

I don't understand it still. I think I will need to test it in future. Can somebody post here screenshot with comarising BW LA and Avadon Robe sets with stats please?

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Let's do some math!

Let's say that with a robe set, no bonus or anything, your casting speed is 1000.
    With a leather set will casting speed will be 910.

After you throw your +15% from the set you will have 1150 with LA 1046,5.

so the difference is quite big during pvp. Pve the cast speed MIGHT work, but the mp amount will hurt you.

11. geba89

geba89 User

You wont see a difference between 1000 and 1150 cast speed in heals. Might see this on resurrection etc, which need a bit more time to cast. While doing just GBH and GH you wont see any difference.

12. zitki

zitki User

So let's talk about p def difference. I think it's huge difference and you won't be so easy to kill at mass pvp. I think it's more important than having more mana and little bit fast c.speed.

13. Orcoso

Orcoso User

You need to remember that during a PVP the bishop has to stay in the back, you don't rely much in your pdef, usually tanks, bd, sws and other melee are supposed to protect the healers when the fight is ranged.

And as classic goes, the majority of the pvp is mage oriented, so the extra pdef won't do anything.

Trust me, I never even considered using light on my healer and I never saw a good healer wearing bw light. On classic or the old L2.

Guess you are always welcome to test, hope you have money for that.

14. wewdome

wewdome User

I think la mastery on core is the same as classic, at least castin-speed-wise. With the hybrid dyes, i think it is well worth the smaller mana pool.

U keep talking about nuker fights, but u seem to forget that archers will be strong too. Even daggers in hide could easily kill a bp. Glads can stun and kill a robe user in one combo.

If i were a bp, i'd definitely try that, using +8 wit and +4con.

15. Orcoso

Orcoso User

by the time daggers get hide and fighters receive the damage bump from the blessed soulshot the dyes will be also capped at +5.

It is all about survival, if your mp can last more, you and your party will also last more. Especially on longer fights.

A good group will take care of their support, hate, root and etc.

But I guess I can't keep you guys from spending your money :)

16. /Jedd

/Jedd User

This is a confirmed change to come??

17. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Yes

18. Banish3d

Banish3d User

I'm really not sure about that, can you give a source or something?

I read every patchnote from KR and i didn't saw this.

19. Orcoso

Orcoso User

As far as I know it wasn't on a patch note, it was a small patch, like something they would do during the weekly maintenance.

I can't look for it right now.

20. Parody123

Parody123 User

I really dont think u have the right info. They fixed not showing right stats with same tattoos on character screen recently but I didnt hear anything about changing the system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.