1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me pick a class

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by wewdome, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wewdome

wewdome User

Really.
    What the title says.

First I was going to roll a spoiler, but recently I sort of changed my mind about that. Not that spoiler isnt fun, but it isnt very pvp oriented although the two stuns (3, if u count the noob stun pre 40lvl). I am kind of worried that noone will want me in their party when it comes down to mass pvp and sieges. I have a group of 2-3 guys, one of them will be TH for sure, another one - warlord.

So, I started thinking about picking another class. I wanted something I have never played before. It also must not be human mage, because both males and females look like ***** teenage harry potters on rufy. I also dont want to go with the flow and make a nuker. After our EE quit, the position is vacant, so I can be one.
    I also like tyrants. I prefer them over gladiators, bc glad is sort of the new meta and I dont like being in the meta >< I also always wanted to roll a tank, but obviously tanks **** balls in classic :/ Going for sws/bd would be another choice, but I am skeptical about them, bc I recon I'll feel bored with them very soon. and besides, having WL in the pt doesnt really call for another tank.
    I am also considering a dagger, but I like AW more than TH, which is unfortunate bc in the moment AW is bad. To add insult to the injury, two daggers, WC and a WL will probably be the most failed party in the server ... ever :D
    I've got to confess that I have a secret craving for a summoner even though I know they are useless, especially in melee pt. I also would like to try out a bishop with light armor, but unfortunately all bps are humans ><!!!! Warcryer isnt such a bad idea too, but we might already have one. I could also go for 2nd WL, but I am not sure we will be able to aoe effectively that early and without full support. Also, I recon, all good aoe spots will be occupied by non-casual parties.

So obviously our micro group won't have the potential of a full pt and we will rely on a clan to be efficient. So, apart from WC, BH, BD, SWS, what class should I choose?

PS. The more I think about it, the more clear I see that a BH would be the best option ... :(

2. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

If I understand well, you already got WC, WL, Dagger + support.
    Your party look like melee party so to be optimal, i choose for you Tyrant.
    Obviously, you will need BH for stuff later.

3. Fragola

Fragola User

so if you have WC, WL and TH, I'd suggest SE/EE maybe - for a healer and mana regen for a WL. It seems you don't have one. SE have nice buffs for a melee party and can be useful in PvP with root. Stigma is also there.

But, really, if you love BH - go for it.

vagelaras likes this.
  4. Parody123

Parody123 User

Every melee except WL is kinda useless in mass PvP/Sieges.

5. Kristonn

Kristonn User

only necromanser

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I would suggest you talk to your guys and replace that TH for another DD.

WL+TH is a bad setup, WL will be pretty bad on single target, and TH will be horrible for AOE. XP is gonna be difficult.

You need to either set up your party to use that WL, making an AOE group or single target, mixing both isn't too good.

But if you really have to go, make a support, you can always hop on other parties

vagelaras likes this.
  7. wewdome

wewdome User

Thanks for the feedback from the other guys though. I'll choose between ee, tyrant and bh once server start is closer. We probably need to reconsider our entire focus for this melee pt :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
    vagelaras likes this.
  8. LeGoguenard

LeGoguenard User

Stop looking for the BEST classe who can SOLO and pwned every things.

Just play :)

Select a cool race and classe you want to play and go. You will join a clan with others classes to play with you.
    That's the game !

9. Orcoso

Orcoso User

People keep saying that, but they need to realize how frustrating this game can be... when you get to a certain point, you won't be able to continue alone or in a small group. And some classes can be extremely useless depending on what you are doing. So you need to actually think how you wanna play the game before start a character.

vagelaras likes this.
  10. SkizzoSkillZ

SkizzoSkillZ User

make a destro, and go aoe with your wl. also th and wl is not gona work. destro is a challenge on classic but with top gear can be a force to be rekon with

vagelaras likes this.
  11. Orcoso

Orcoso User

That is an idea if you don't wanna play mages, but if you want to pvp with a destro, you will find some problems.

vagelaras likes this.
  12. wewdome

wewdome User

Nah, destro isnt any good at the moment. Attack skills are weak, frenzy is nerfed, there is no ranged stun or gap closer. It might be ok for pve, but completely useless in pvp. A bh would be better, all things considered

13. Tirith

Tirith User

Ok so it'll be ee, tyrant or bh! Good luck!

wewdome likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.