1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frost Protection

Discussion in 'Archive' started by pittax, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notpitt

notpitt User

I keep hearing of this "Frost" protection that will be doing active scans. I was wondering if there is a list of general software that can trip it?

I mean bots are obvious, but I plan to run L2 on my work computer (I imagine quite a few of us will ^^) and it often has stuff like vpn's and generic automation tools (autohotkey), various debuggers running on it. Is that a problem? Are there any other programs (which aren't specifically bots) that could trip the Frost and should be turned off while running L2?

2. Fragola

Fragola User

No one will ever tell you the exact list for obvious reasons.

Tirith likes this.
  3. Tirith

Tirith User

Beat me to it Fragola! But pretty much what she said.

Fragola likes this.
  4. Oscar

Oscar User

debuggers are fine until you target l2 process (some global hooks may be unwanted, so i would avoid or use VM) :D
    autohotkey stuff are also safe - frost block simple software emulated input
    vpn/proxies are also safe

frost doesn't just scan process list looking blindly for keywords (like cheap ***** does), so if you don't plan to mess with L2, you should be safe :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    Fragola likes this.
  5. notpitt

notpitt User

That's what I wanted to hear. I understand that having the full list is unreasonable, I just wanted to be sure that having random stuff running (that does not target L2) would not get me banned because of some silly automated rules :)

6. Fragola

Fragola User

from what was discussed a lot of times on the Russian Forums - ANY automation is against the rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  7. kittenLT

kittenLT User

Will we have macroses inside of the game ? For example: for buffing purposes ? I do not remember if macros was implemented in C1 version... possibly not.
    Maybe somebody knows if possible will be use some macroses (it would little bit simplify things). Also, automatic use of shots possible ? In C1 it was not possible, but maybe here would be possible ?

8. Tirith

Tirith User

Look guys, for the second time. Any kind of automated game play is not allowed and will result in permanent ban ingame, furthermore, discussing or help others come to conclusion on how to use 3rd party programs will also get you banned from the forums.

Ingame macros are obviously allowed to be used, I'm pretty sure they are in classic version of Lineage 2. Also soulshots can now be activated as toggle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    Oscar likes this.
  9. kittenLT

kittenLT User

Oh, nice, soulshots as toggle is nice. I remember, in C1 I should press button with soulshot each time when used, so that is nice implementation.
    Sorry, I was talking only about ingame macros, maybe I was wrongly interpretated. I just do not remember if it was such technical possibility in C1... But this is nice that ingame macroses will be technically implemented in classic. Thanks for answer.

10. Fragola

Fragola User

Yes, Ingame macros are there. You can use them. But you cannot put few macros into one.
    You can automate ingame the usage soulshots when you rightclick on them at your panel.

11. wewdome

wewdome User

This is good news but can u or anyone else comment on innova's defense against clickers. I mean, how effective is it, can we hope to play in non clicker environment

12. Oscar

Oscar User

frost does good job on that and block most easy ways of keystrokes emulation (via windows api), thus 99% of so called clickers will does nothing in lineage window. However gaming gear use own drivers and can be used just fine - doesn't mean you can setup advanced macros on your nostromo and go afk, thats as bannable as bots are :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  13. vagelaras

vagelaras User

Can we use mouse-keyboard programmes? The reason iam asking you is because you are wise :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.