1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the server be turned on?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheBeast, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBeast

TheBeast User

As you can see many of us are waiting for any info about the server, but nothings happen. Few months ago, i was very pesimistic about the number of "likes" we need to reach so Innova can start think about L2 classic eu. We got it and the server is now planed to start somewhere around 15. december. BUT... until now Innova couldn't be sure about how many ppl are really interested (pay money) and it could happen that the interest in preorder was so low that they now think if it will be good for them to start the server - that's why we have no info, because they are not sure they want to start the server. I will definitely pay for L2 classic, but i will buy preorder just few days before start.

2. Traygard

Traygard User

I have to agree that the lack of communication is just shocking.

vagelaras, /Jedd, Rytfield and 3 others like this.
  3. wewdome

wewdome User

I think innova has very small crew working on this project, therefore the huge delay and radio silence

4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I am sure it is already on
    Nov 28, 2015
    They are forced to wait at least one month so they know how many servers to open, based on pre orders, Russian on took about the same amount of time

5. Rainlok

Rainlok User

So you mean they gonna be like "okay guys, screw this, here is your money back" ROFL c'mon now be srs no1 gonna turn back free cash. We waited this far and suddenly 2 weeks is too much? :) and it's a weekend, let them have a life of you don't have one :p

6. Norz!

Norz! User

Are YOU turned on, OP ?

7. kittenLT

kittenLT User

I see that nowadays people more and more become unpatient :), they need response each minute. Do not forget that the waiting of the event itself is even better than the event itself :).
    The time left is only few weeks... it the timescale it is like: 99% downloaded ;). Just let's wait the "last 1% percent of downloading to sub-reality" in a calm way, thinking about earlier chronicles, reading more info about this, deciding on the strategy of playing, etc.
    They announced that something may happen on December 8 or 15... So they will write something on December 7 or 14... Why we need to know something earlier, no any need, nothing will happen in a forced mode, they time will come and the dream will come true, let's have little more patience and one day we will meet each inside of the game :)
    See ya ^^

8. rocky1981

rocky1981 User

soon new announcement will be up,just patience and let them some space to privide us a good server without lags/bugs

9. Innoroth

Innoroth User

Maybe you are fine living in the dark but most people needs info prior to things actually happening in order to decide spending money or not on this kind of things.

If they are calculating how many servers they need based on the amount of preorders, yet they give no final information on servers making people wait to preorder, they are just biting their own tail.

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Sort of, they basing it off pre orders yes, but they were smart enough to give pre orders 3 weeks for free (code + early access). So the majority will pre order.

If the servers get too full, they will just open a new one and a bunch of people will just leave their **** and start over on the new server. So more money for them

vagelaras likes this.
  11. Smade

Smade User

If they are doing this,then they are pretty much ******.My group is not preordering till we have at least open date,i dont think we are the only.

jas58 likes this.
  12. fagercraft

fagercraft User

You are not, about every third or fourth person in Fate clan afaik is waiting for reease date.

13. jas58

jas58 User

I personally am not preordering until I hear a definitive date

14. kittenLT

kittenLT User

It is a real possibility when open day will be very close they will close pre-order time. Because the sense of pre-ordering it is earlier than everything is clear. Thus, there is some kind of risk waiting for opening and not paying pre-ordering, because it is a real possibility than notification about pre-ordering closing will be earlier than notification about opening. Maybe I am mistaken, but definitely there is a some kind of real risk.

15. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

I believe at some point they stated that pre-orders will be discontinued a week before launch. Would be funny if they annouced the date exactly then ;p

BTW, this is one big forum of whiners. You got a preliminary date, the work is ongoing. If they finish on time they will launch on time, if they don't they will move the date a week or so. In any case, you literally have the most accurate ETA avaliable, what else do you need? A live webcam pointed at the server room?

Спям™, corvik and Girenas like this.
  16. Orcoso

Orcoso User

They already gave you a date, 15.

I really hope they wait till the last days before the early access period and close pre orders.

Be like: "Preorders are closed, early access starts tomorrow".

Knowing innova that is a real possibility

Disa90 likes this.
  17. berillium

berillium User

The problem is, you can't come to your boss and tell that you want a vacation from tomorrow, you have to warn some time before that.

18. Innoroth

Innoroth User

From a business point of view that would be an extremely bad thing to do. They would lose a lot of money.

19. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The only reason preorders are there is so they can see how many servers they need to open.

If people keep trowing a fit and saying "I won't preorder cuz we don't have a date", " I won't preoder cuz no patch notes ". It doesn't hurt innova, it hurts the players.

Fewer preorders means for the management that the project isn't too popular, so less resources will be directed to the project.

They aren't making extra money, they are giving people 21 extra days in exchange of the information they need. But people don't see it like that.

I doubt anyone would decide not to play because they closed pre orders.

Yes, it isn't a great move for them. But this past year I have been following their efforts and making a classic server, and they rarely made a smart move rofl.

WizarDEAD and Disa90 like this.
  20. Innoroth

Innoroth User

So you are telling me we should trust Innova and throw our money at them, despite their poorly way of handling information and the actual lack of it?

Look, they are a business and they only care about the money. If they don't give us all the information we need to make a decision, they are only going to hurt themselves. Not pre-ordering now won't hurt me a bit because I get to keep my money and spend it somewhere else.

But again, some people will be fine pre-ordering now. Maybe because they trust Innova, or maybe because they just want to help the project become a reality. Most people won't pre-order until we get all the information we need to make an actual decision.

Where's the wiki they were working on for the L2C EU version? Can we get an updated at least on how is that going?

Where is the poll they were going to be holding in the forums to put a name to the server/servers? You know, December 15th will be here in less than three weeks.

They should honestly hire and actual community manager. It would help them greatly.

Fewer pre-orders come from lack of information given to the players, which could mean that they are already putting a low amount of resources on the project. They are actually the ones making L2C EU not very popular.

jas58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.