1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archers - SR, HE, PR - How are they in terms of balance?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by StormElf, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormElf

StormElf User

Hey there!

It's my very first post here but I've already pre-ordered for 3 months! Let the hype BEGIN :D

Anyway, I've played SR for a couple years, but I'd like to know the situation regarding the 3 archer classes. Is HE still the face-rolling archer it was? Or are SR/PR still viable? I really dislike humans, so I'd like to stay clear of it, unless ofc they're clearly the best at everything.
    Anyone with experience on the Russian server or so can give me a picture how they behave PvE/ small PvP wise?

Thank you a lot, cheers.

2. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Dianoace likes this.
  3. -hvg-

-hvg- User

SR is good on classic because of it's self buffs. PR is by far the worst archer since it has the lowest crit chance,lowest con,medium speed. The only epic things about PR are the looks , they look amazing. HE is still the dominant archer in the long run.

4. StormElf

StormElf User

Thank you!

PRs do look epic, gotta admit that.
    Meh, self buffs are no issue I'll be boxing a PP and running a party with some friends from the old times... I used to roll a SR with imperial set, people would laugh at me, but then they couldn't kill me :p Wonder if I could do the same here ^^

5. nonas

nonas User

Why not Majestic Heavy?
    On female it looked hot as ****

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  6. StormElf

StormElf User

'Cause it looked ugly as hell on my MALE elf :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  7. Luminight

Luminight User

It terms of pure DPS as soon as they get snipe rapid fire dead eye

Hawkeye dps 150
    Silver ranger dps 149.5
    Phantom ranger dps 130

These stats are taken from a Russian l2 classic video comparing various classes I'll tr to find it burn worth a look

8. StormElf

StormElf User

Hum... are you sure about those figures? If so, SR might be worth it for me because of the move speed. The damage difference is neglectable

9. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iTabulator and Yslock like this.
  10. Fei

Fei User

Those calcule are fails and irrelevant ingame, for exemple SR only have this DPS at 600 range.

11. StormElf

StormElf User

True, it loses 320DPS without rapid fire vs a HE with snipe... But then again, with snipe he can't move and the SR can. Still, 139 DPS difference without rapid fire / snipe... Huuuuuum...
    Anyone knows what's the delay on dash? Want to see if there's a way that the SR could be more handy in the cases where chasing/kiting is extremely important and fight changing..

P.S : Thank you [A]KaEL

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  12. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

Hey there StormElf, CD on dash is 30 seconds, i think best for chasing/kiting in my opinion is and always have been SR due to his top speed.

13. StormElf

StormElf User

But it's active for 15s, correct? Does the timer starts counting down when activated or after the 15s expire? Can't remember that... If it's the first option, then it's effectively only 15s delay, meaning that the HE will be faster than SR for 15s every 15seconds... I'm really torn whether I should roll HE or SR... On one side, SR runs faster, can shoot faster if close range can't be avoided and casts stun faster with rapid fire. On the other hand, HE from a far is a real threat, can dash to avoid getting caught or to chase someone, hits harder... Damn, I'm torn :/

14. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

Yeh its active for 15s so when dash is gone it has about 13s left of CD. About the rest it just depends on you and the party setup you are going to be running, like you will for sure need HE and SR in party for sure, atleast 1 of each. So it just depends on you personal likes, i always liked HE more than SR.

HE isnt that fast like SR in terms of Speed and skill cast speed and all that stuff, but in my opinion HE is much balanced in terms of CON, STR, DEX than SR, plus like you said you have dash wich makes him improve on Speed compared to SR for chasing/kiting.

15. StormElf

StormElf User

Ya, I'll probably have a small party going on with some old friends from L2 with at least a PP + SWS as buffers, probably a spoiler, another HE and a crafter. I guess I'll go the most viable way, meaning HE. Still have a few weeks to decide though :)
    Thanks for the input, and if someone has more info,please do share!

16. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

Thats also explained in the movie and thats why I posted the DPS with and without the use of their class specific skills.
    Also dont forget that if you add up the con, dex and str of all three archers, the Human will have 3 stats more to play with in comparison to the other two and that in general already is a major benefit.

Slicer likes this.
  17. Fei

Fei User

I don't denie the HE is best archer(more fighter stats), specialy because of every passiv buff HE get to catch up other archer when he got the lowest dex. (also cause DEX is the weakest stats in L2 unfortunatly)
    Thing is for NCsoft, HE is the worst archer cause back in the day they does their balancement without the actual fullbuff hurr durr(HE got almost no selfbuff), PR was the "magic archer" and SR was the best archer cause of M.barrier, WW and elemental heal etc

And if the vid test keep the 600 range DPS test for SR/rapid fire, do the same for PR with HEX/POW break, so now who is best archer ??? :O......

But anyway the best archer is Necro on Classic ;D and he don't even need buff.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  18. ziggle

ziggle User

If you play Hawkeye with Prophet you will be able to duo them up at lv0 ++

19. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

you should be reaching level 0 quite fast when duoing indeed.

20. StormElf

StormElf User

Don't really care about using FoTM :) Rather play something I actually enjoy ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.