1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Dancer dicussion

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by DarkBD, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkBD

DarkBD User

So I haven't played classic yet (ru or korea) but I'm going to play eu classic. I am curious about the state of BDs in pvp. I have watched alot of pvp videos from classic ru and I see alot of BDS running around what look to be avalon robes instead of bw heavy.

I also noticed they never attack anyone or pull out a bow all I ever see them doing is spamming he and power break on everything and running in circles.

Is this the new meta for bds?

If anyone that played ru or korea could give me more information about it would be great. Also any good pvp videos of bd point of view would be cool tool. Thanks.

2. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

BD utility is give dances and debuff enemies, that's why they tend to use robes to increase mana pool.

3. wewdome

wewdome User

Let me put it this way. In a pvp party with active bd will win against party with boxed support. In pve it makes little to no difference. Sad truth is that bd is a boxable class

4. DarkBD

DarkBD User

I 100% agree with you the fact that it is a box able character is neither here nor there.

I am just curious why I haven't seen any bds taking advantage to the fact that they can deal decent damage when used properly in pvp they are not just a robe wearing debuffs caster.

they might as well run a mage weapon then instead of nice duels and a bow.

Now I know that this is classic and not the same as like c4 or w.e so it will be different. It is just weird to see the active bds running around in robes during a siege and not adding any dps. You can debuffs and do damage lol...

From what I have seen of the information for classic is its still really young and it's still evolving IE max gear B grade, no catas.

I will end with that certain regions have certain views on metas for classes etc so it's possible that this bd meta is just an ru thing cause that's what they like.

Me personally I will be running around in heavy armor with a bow and duels.

/Jedd likes this.
  5. wewdome

wewdome User

Bds wear robes bc there are no physical dds to kill them. Everyone and his dog has a nuker now and no nuker will go bashing ur bd with his magic stick.

6. DarkBD

DarkBD User

Another good point.

I guess I just find it annoying as an old bd player seeing bds running around in robes. But your point if no one is dealing physical damage it doesn't matter does it.

Well said sir

7. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Isn't blue wolf leather a viable option then?

8. TheBlinkman

TheBlinkman User

I don't think so. BW has cast. speed but not as much mana gain as an avadon robe set. And not to forget, it's much more difficult to get a BW set than an Avadon set!

9. Tirith

Tirith User

Lol BD in robes.

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

every warrior is using robes when fighting mages... no point using anything else. There are a butt load of WL running into the enemy mage group wearing doom robes, for run speed lol

11. Tirith

Tirith User

Hey, I didn't laugh at the reasons, just the fact. :p

12. Knoppix

Knoppix User

No. If party AOE exping bd and sws most "live" chars :Whistling:

13. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

To OP - a thing that you will probably have a harder time noticing is the Aggression spam. That's your most important skill after the songs/dances. You try to keep people away from your healers, especially the dagger classes.
    In case it's a "mass" pvp and everybody are at 900+ range, you just click follow on your healer and watch pr0n while redancing every 2mins :D

14. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Does anyone know if the sword/blunt mastery pre 40 increases p.atk of duals?

So if I'm lvl 40 bd with 3 levels of dual mastery and saber*saber and no sword/blunt mastery is my p.atk lower than a lvl 40 bd with saber*saber WITH sword/blunt mastery? My memory says that it does increase p.atk but I'm not sure if it's accurate, especially for classic.

15. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Duals only get passives from dual mastery, sorry. Same for Gladiator.
    2handers(sword/blunt) get passive from both 1hand passives + 2hand passives(Destro only)
    Poles only from pole.

16. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I won't open a new thread but instead bring it up here:

Talking about Human Warrior becoming Gladiator and Palus Knight becoming a Bladedancer.
    I am thinking which will be the most efficient weapon to go by 20-40.
    We know swords > blunts for PvE. However Warrior has a Stun which is very useful. Palus Knight doesn't care, Sting works with everything.

So my idea is.. since the mastery does not apply for duals, would there be a feasible way to skip it and save SP - would it be worth it?
    Since sword > blunt, you'd go around killing mobs with a sword and if the need arises you'd pull out a macro-blunt (probably NG) and Stun. Now.. why don't you simply go around with D duals? They are swords, they have better p.atk and you will not waste SP.

This way,however, you will be going around without a shield, for a Warrior it shouldn't matter that much but for the Knight, since you have Shield passives, it would mean quite a big hit to survivability.

Thoughts?

17. YourSoulSMine

YourSoulSMine User

saving the few sp wont help you later on, however will speed up the process if you use them to get to "later on"

swords are better for pve if you have full buff, which you dont, so blunts are acceptable, whatever has better p atak tbh, or if you can get a sword for duals later on....

and thoughts? party time

18. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I am quite certain that one would not have enough SP to learn all the skills/passives so it is certainly a benefit.
    And as I said dual swords > 1h sword/blunt, but more expensive.
    Correct, with no buffs sword = blunt, but as soon as you throw a Focus (lvl 25) sword starts pulling ahead.
    And I am discussing the situation where you have the money, and have to make a choice what to buy.

19. YourSoulSMine

YourSoulSMine User

thats not true. where low level focus ads like 0.5% of dps to sword over blunt. higher blunt accuracy increases the dps a lot more than sword

20. geba89

geba89 User

Well Blunt > Sword in range of lvls 1-40. Swords have higher critical rate but less accuracy. Also many mobs got weakness to blunts. Which makes blunts best weapons for PVE 1-40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.