1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking my friend out of dagger, help

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Sailence, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sailence

Sailence User

I got a friend that wants to PW, he thinks he can own ****. He is a very good player but he really believes he is going to use his intelligence to pwn people. Please help me understand how useless PW will be.

2. TerraKill

TerraKill User

Your friend isn't allowed to pick his own class?

I prefer Human dagger personally, spamm that dash skill, no one will catch you!

Fyi, nothing wrong with daggers, especially if you look towards future patch's... As ive said to my guys, who cares what class's are like right now, by the time we are higher level and getting into pvp/sieges new patchs should of come out and certain class's might be buffed/nerfed

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. wewdome

wewdome User

Dagger is a safe guess for future domination, however pw is the worst option.

4. Sailence

Sailence User

Well the problem is this, we want synergy in our party. I want to go bishop, we have a pp and one guy wants dagger, other nuker, etc. what am i gonna go, show up to pvp with a melee/nuker party?? yeah right. So naturally I know dagger is the best choice to get to chance.

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

lol read the forums a little bit more.. melees are pretty bad lately because debuffs are landing like crazy, so daggers end up rooted for the entire fight

6. TerraKill

TerraKill User

I personally wouldn't have a PP and Bishop in same party, have one or the other especially in a small party, or swap out the Bishop for a SE/EE.

As for the pvp, why not?
    Get the dagger to hide somewhere, kite your targets/ get them to chase you, dagger dash's from behind and stab stab stab, just gotta be abit clever how you approach things that's all.
    All mage/archer partys are careless and always think they will win, so there achally very easy to outsmart and the terrain is your best friend vs ranged attks

If im not mistaken charater Level and skill level is the main factor in debuffs landing, so if your higher level, nothing to worry about.
    Otherwise make sure you carry a bow....... and tbh TH with a bow = imba, spamm tht dash! (whats the cooldown on TH's lvl2 dash? 30seconds or something crazy like that?!)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

What happens when the person debuff you is also high lvl? you get perma rooted either way, levels are limited in this game.

8. Sailence

Sailence User

I am looking at pvp around higher levels also, you cant have BD and SWS running mage/melee s/d

And I know we can be good as anything we play, but lets say dagger is 60% effective where nuker or other class can be more effective just based on its skill set.

9. TerraKill

TerraKill User

Same with any class...... what if someone lands silence on a mage......stunshot from archer.... DA has Fear... sws root.. ect ect, the list of counter skills go on.

Its all situational, are you in a dungeon? wide open field? anything to hid behind? ect, ect.

Rock, paper, scissors. just hope your skill lands first.

10. Sailence

Sailence User

Imagine open field mass pvp, melees next to useless except for fodder. Or maybe when mages/archers run out of MP

11. Orcoso

Orcoso User

You gotta have very low experience in pvp...

A mage or archer needs to be on a 900 range to shoot. The classes with root usually stay in the back (SE, PP, etc), once a melee tries to rush to get to one of the supports, he will just root you. And since they land rate is high you will find yourself stuck on the enemy field. Then before you even pull a bow you are mostly likely dead. Most of the pvp nowadays are range based. So melee don't have much room.

If the fight manages to stay in a closed field, bridge, dungeon, well a dagger will get root as soon as he gets on the healer's range, or a 9v9 melee vs melee, almost every other melee has lion heart or some active debuff, daggers don't. Look for some videos from the russian servers.

12. /Jedd

/Jedd User

Or just make him play something he doesnt enjoy so he can quit at 4x

13. Fragola

Fragola User

miss miss miss

I remembered a good video about it (2:04):

at 2:31 the screen says: "Of 7 tries I got 1 success, wasted all my mana. Why did I switch to mage?"

@Sailence feel free to share with your friend =)

14. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Go dagger if you think about the future, they will become OP, it's just a matter of time. But right now is useless, they spend all mana in a blink of an eye and miss almost all blows.

15. TerraKill

TerraKill User

You just cant help yourself but try and throw insults into your replies?

But we shall see Orcoso.... as someone has pointed out already, this mage and archer meta has carried over from Russia, I don't think EU is gonna be as mage dominated....
    Just watching that video above this post, there is AMPLE opportunity for melee to get involved there......

If everyone just huddle's up like that during mage/archer pvp? whats stopping a couple of warlords using there ranged aoe stun and stunlocking them all down?

ohhh that's right RU server is dominated with the mage/archer meta so you wont see that side of the game.

But like I said time will tell, no point arguing it.

16. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Trust me, I never liked mages, I already played everything actively and mages were the least fun of them.

But this game tends to bring the competitive side of everyone, and whoever sees how the mages dominate, will go as a mage, or start melee/archer then reroll to a mage.

When daggers became OP back then, everyone and their mothers were playing daggers, same for archers. Unfortunately that happens, I would like a lot to see a bunch of melee out there, but they will give up after they get rooted for the entire fight or die before they get the chance to throw their skill combo.

I hope there are tons of melee but I am not putting my money in that.

Mages aren't just overpowered for pvp, they are also for pve, they are the one setup that can aoe efficiently. A WL pulls a giant train, keeps it stunned with his 2 aoe stuns, the OL root and silence(if needed), and mages kill. Archers can't rely on burst shot to replace mages AOE nukes and the melee can't handle the damage since vr is nerfed.

You can find a video of fisher's group where he plays a dagger, he actually can play the class, but he is barely allowed to do so

17. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

**** Sailence, you have a big problem with your friend. I know this tricky situation. Good luck !
    Tell him only STR = critic on skill so success rate skill of dagger and DEX = bull**** on classic (however, never use dyes -DEX).
    So PW is so far useless compared TH or AW. PW are good only on UE skill though, hum hum.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  18. Hartassen

Hartassen User

I'm no expert in classic but I think that anyone that won't be a part of a clan or a cp with dedicated people around them should roll support class or mage. Otherwise you will have a bad time leveling.

Slicer likes this.
  19. Fragola

Fragola User

I'm no expert in L2 as well, but I'm sure only those who don't have CP or top-clan have the privilege to roll any class they want. And the rest should stick to useful classes.

Naralein likes this.
  20. wewdome

wewdome User

But this is L2! I thought all classes are useful. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.