1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physical skills theory

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Armis, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armis

Armis User

I have a few questions about physical skills in L2 classic.
    Which stats determines this parameters of physical skills:
    1. damage? (p. atk?)
    2. critical damage? (p. atk?)
    3. critical chance? (STR? DEX? p. critical?)
    4. casting time? (attack speed?)
    5. reuse? (constant?)

Thanks in advance!

2. Sailence

Sailence User

Allow me to direct you to the search button. This magical button can usually assist you in answering most of your questions. All you have to do is take a minute of your time and if you look to the right you will see a magnifying glass. This indicates you are searching for something. Click that and you can type in anything you want! It is amazing!
    Nov 30, 2015
    Look, I did one search, took 5 seconds.

https://4gameforum.com/threads/529510/#post-7809718

Armis likes this.
  3. Orcoso

Orcoso User

That and other information you will find here more detailed:

http://www.l2tavern.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&p=136#p136

Armis likes this.
  4. Armis

Armis User

5. wewdome

wewdome User

did you mean dex?

vagelaras likes this.
  6. Fei

Fei User

It's STR for crit chance on skill, DEX only change your crit rate about basics attack.

7. wewdome

wewdome User

str doesnt influence skill crit chance, this isnt high five

8. Armis

Armis User

so we have discussion, nice ;) wewdome, do you have any source of this information? I based on this topic: https://4gameforum.com/threads/529510/ ,post #11. anybody have some official info? or ingame experiment ?

9. Fei

Fei User

Since nothing have been writted officialy about Crit Skill chance and since Classic is based on GoD which is based on H5... I can't agree without proof.

10. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

Each physical skill has its own base crit chance, STR acts as the base value for the multiplier to calculate the actual crit chance. Thats how it used to work and I doubt it has changed in Classic.

11. Fei

Fei User

That was my thought

12. wewdome

wewdome User

You base your assumption on a specalutive thread on the forums. I base mine on the game mechanics before H5. We cant be sure unless we have confirmation from innova staff. This is a good question to ask in their FAQ thread. L2c uses GoD client but it is very modified, just look the differences between summon systems in both games and the way dex works.

Personally I cant decide which is better - str modifying p skill crit chance or no. If STR really does influence skill crit I cant see one good reason for fighters not to ruin their base DEX completely. Probably this is intended but it favors some classes way more than others.

13. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

"Probably this is intended but it favors some classes way more than others." Say this to all mages and specialy the Immortals Unstunable Necros +12Con -15Str(and he dont lost anything), or the Machine Gun full critical magic ones +12 Wit that rekts everyone.

14. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

what is diferent betwen summon system (except for summoning pet+servitor) and dex?

15. wewdome

wewdome User

80% of the summons in GoD are missing in classic, there are no pet shots, dex doesnt change move speed in classic. Enough?

16. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

Dex doesnt change movement speed in GOD either. You need specific passive for this to give speed. You must recall DEX was giving speed, until GOD update came and it stoped giving speed.

Pet shots is an item, not a diferent formula/numbers, it exists in the client. All summons exist in classic, but they arent acessible to players, they are in the client.

The chance for STR to work like GOD version is more possible than to work like client from 2006 since DEVs are pulling more data from the current client/database.

17. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Stats work the same as in GoD client afaik. Best proof is the speed removed from dex from GoD patches is still in.

Please note thou that alot of stuff comming from stats are actually from highlevel skills (skill mastery etc), dont confuse them with the basic stats from lvl0 no passives.
    To answer the question if STR effects skill crit rate, i got not clue, the translations are impossibru to decypher correctly.. And testing it is a nightmare. Even if it does effect skill skrit rate, isnt it by such a small amount its barely meassurable? (anyone has any link to a test for this in god client??)

18. hikizume

hikizume User

There were actually some tests made by NCwest some time ago : http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=266485

if u forget the first one (due to superior light armor mastery which increases physical skill rate depending on DEX) and focuses on both "no-armor" tests u can see that there is an improvement on skill crit rate by increasing STR and no change at all by increasing DEX.

I think that's how it works in GoD unless it was modified in a later update.

19. wewdome

wewdome User

well, I posted a question in the official thread, let's see what innova has to say about it.

20. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Yes and looking at those numbers, the increase is so small when adding 50str its laughable. You will never be able to test this with increasing just 12str.
    Dont count on STR for skill dmg more then the extra patk. -dex+con for pvp all the way. You dont need pcrit, acc, evasion when using skills, only loose small amount of atack speed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.