1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie questions about buffs (low levels)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ulmaceae, Dec 5, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulmaceae

Ulmaceae Banned

Hi, I have some "newbie" questions and maybe you can answer it. I never played on classic, low-rate etc., so I have zero experience. I know that I'll probably quit before 20, but I'm still curious.

My situtation: I will start Dark Mystic -> Dark Wizard. I'm paying for one acc, no dual box, no cp, probably no SS (i don't know)... nothing.

I want to know,...
    • When (+-what lvl) is the moment, when you need to be in grp or have SE/PP dualbox for buffs and mana recharge.
    • There is no "newbie buff" NPC, right?
    • Everybody grind till 1-25 without buff?
    • What buff I need (as Dark Mystic) 1-20, (as Dark Wizard) 20-40? What can I get from low PP/EE/SE?
    Thanks. :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I haven't played on classic either but from what I've heard and read, in the beginning there will be so many people that without a party getting a mob will be hard. (I guess depends on the spot). Considering that DE don't have summon which recharges MP you will start needing recharge pretty early. Or face long downtime (since there are also no herbs). Recharge is first learned at lvl 28. And about buffs.. you pretty much go with potion for cast and walk speed (if at all).

P.S. On the patch which the server will start, the adena drop will be high enough to be able to afford shots without losing too much income.

3. Fragola

Fragola User

right

and even later, hehe. noone gives you free buffer after 25 :cool:

As a mage you always need Empower and Acumen. the rest is optional =) you can compare all the buffs available in this thread: https://4gameforum.com/threads/539449/

4. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

Noone is not right. i have a Buff as 2 Box, but I will give everyone who asks gladly free buffs assuming I have enough MP.
    And I've seen other friendly players who give free buffs, if you ask.
    But there are also many who take adena for Buffs.

U need need Empower and Acumen and Recharges, but there is no Buffer who has all 3 buffs.
    I think the best will be a SE. SE has Recharges and Empower.
    For Acumen you need then potions or scrolls.

Rytfield likes this.
  5. Weeeu

Weeeu User

Would highly suggest finding a buddy SE.

6. /Jedd

/Jedd User

Pretty much this, if you wish to continue playing long term then I would suggest at least finding some SE to team with even if it's just friends you make through playing. You shouldn't have any problem finding a party even with no clan/cp in the beginning so no worries there, good luck :)

7. Lysil

Lysil User

If you like to play your Dark Wizard from 20 - 40 as Mage you will need buffs and Recharge
    but if you play it melee with your summons there will be no need for buffs or recharge

8. Pashmin

Pashmin User

This is interesting. You can play Dark Wizard as a melee using servitors and weapon with p. atk? Shadow or Silhouette? :)

9. Pringo

Pringo User

I think, once you reach level 20, you as casual player can fin party (groups) in the "Find party" function that the game provides, so you can still play the game and get buffer from other players that are searching for a mague in their partys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.