1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drop chance when killed by a mob info (Olf #02)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fragola, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

This is a translation of the official test by Olf (original in ru here):

[​IMG]

Task: Define a chance of dropping something when a character is killed by a monster.

Character: Spellhowler lvl 40 with all skills, without buffs. Equipment - depending on a test.

We divided the experiment into 3 parts:

1) Character has 10 equipped items, 10 of the same kind in the inventory, 10 of other kind in the inventory - totally 30.
    2) Character has 10 equipped items, 10 of the same kind in the inventory — totally 20.
    3) Character has only 10 equipped items.

part one

100 deaths with item drop

table1.png

Result: equal items are dropped from the inventory more frequently than from the character. equipment from the inventory drop as often ad other items/pots. In other words, if you have bones and weapon in your bag - they will be dropped with the same chance.

Additionally: we continued to kill the character to make it 200 times. Character lost one or more things 121 times (chance to drop something from death is 60,5%), and the number of lost items was 195 (almost one to every death 97,5%)

part two

100 deaths with item drop

table2.png

Result: analyzing the second part we can clearly see the difference between drop from the character and drop from the inventory - more than 5 times.

Additionally: we killed the character 200 times and listed the results: this time 91 death resulted in loss of items (45,5%), and the number of lost items was 119 (59,5%). We dropped the items less often and the number of lost items was a lot less.

Part three

200 deaths

table3.png

Result: If you don't have items in your inventory you drop something very rare (deaths with loss were less than 10%).

P.S. Fragola: I hope the pictures of the items don't require a translation, right? ;)
    P.S.2 Mod: No, I think we can forgive you the Russian description on items ;) if anyone needs to ask about a specific item they can ask you directly I guess :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  2. Dru-urD

Dru-urD User

Wow good job.

BobboSWE and Fragola like this.
  3. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Great work by Olf and OP.

Proves that:

A) if you have no valuable items in your inventory (like a second set, alternative weapon etc) there is almost no difference between having extra "trash" items in your inventory just to drop them instead of something else.

B) even if you have 1 valuable item then it's worth to add a whole bunch of **** to reduce the chance to drop the valuable one.

Edit: Having nothing valuable in your inventory then you should keep your inventory as empty as possible to reduce overall drop chance per death. And thus reduce the chance to drop an equipped item.

Fragola likes this.
  4. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

What I do not quite understand: at the Table 1 + 2 is written 100 deaths. but in the text 200 deaths. Applies the table 1 + 2 now for 100 or 200 deaths.
    Table 3 is probably true for 200 death because there nothing is written differently.
    if everything goes for 200 deaths, then i Proves that:
    A: Equipment and inventory each have an individual calculation. So no matter what i have in your inventory, it does not affect the equipment drops.

B: it seems that all inventory slots are taken into the calculation, whether filled or not. Then any slot is dropped, it is filled dropt to the content. it is not filled, so you Dropp nothing.

But there remains a question if I have 100,000 Soul Shot in a slot. then drop 100,000 or only part of it.

Sorry for bad english.

5. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

Great post Fragola thx for such great explanation about item drop when killed by mob, i think its clear 100% now how it will work out for the chances to drop any item (equiped/nonequiped) when killed by a mob. :1:

Fragola likes this.
  6. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

To start with the certain answer - you drop the entire stack of the item. If you have 500 varnish, you will drop all of it. Same goes with shots, potions etc.

Now to dive into the tables:

Yes. The third table is 200 deaths. This means that the drop chance is affected by total number of items in your equipped slots + inventory.
    Coming to my conclusion:
    Your A: conclusion is wrong in my opinion.

7. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

The table is 3 for 200 deaths, that's clear to me.
    But i dont know the 1 + 2 Table. at the tables is "100 deaths with item drop"
    But in the text below "we continued to kill the character to make it 200 times"
    Now I know not whether the Tables 1 and 2 are for 100 or 200 deaths.
    My english is not so good, unfortunately.

if all the tables are for 200, then Equipmen's drop in all 3 pretty much the same.
    200 is not a big test, as 12, 15 and 17 Equipmen drop is in the same Random range.

is Table 1 + 2 for 100 deaths and Table 3 for 200 deaths.
    Is it the same. 12, 15 and 9 Equipmen drop to 200 experiments can still the same random range.

So I can be right with my assumption A or not.
    200 experiments are just not enough for a correct assumption.

8. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

If all tables are 200 deaths than your A: assumption is correct indeed.

However in Table 1 & 2, they only killed the character 100 times extra to increase the sample size and minimize the deviation when reporting the % chance of dropping items.

Edit: As it seems the "Additional" part of Table 1 & 2 is just the test repeated. And the numbers provided are for 100 deaths. (Avoiding to rewrite the same table with different numbers)

Fragola likes this.
  9. Fragola

Fragola User

Tables 1 and 2 are for 100 deaths.
    And I confirm that when you lose something, you lose the full stack.

10. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

I imagine just: A dwarf with +12 Con and EE weight Buff, makes in the city shots for his clan Party. He has 99.9% of his weight limit. He teleports to clan Party and is gekill by a mob, and drop 500,000 Soul Shots.
    But only a handful of players on the server can pick up these :)

11. Calefax

Calefax User

Thx for the great work,

so you drop Adena as well, if you die ?

12. Fragola

Fragola User

There are things you cannot drop: your very first newbie gear and adena. Some newbie items or quest items or event items cannot be dropped too. Usually they have a description pointing that out.

13. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Not really. As far as I remember when you are picking up stuff you can pick anything but then your weight limit can become 200% for example. And until you lower it, you can't move. Also for the example scenario you gave the dwarf must craft all the shots next to a GK since above 80% or 90% u can't move :D

14. Ziemann65c

Ziemann65c User

If so, then is "new."
    I play L2 last before GOD.
    And since I could not pick up what was above my weight limit.
    And I was able to move to 99.9% of my weight limit, albeit very slowly :)

15. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Nice share Fragola!

I also remember not being able to pick up big stacks of item (e.g. soulshots) due to the weight limit (oh these dwarves sure liked to troll). I have no idea how it will be on the Classic server tho.

16. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Hm maybe I am wrong and having bad memory then. Since I also haven't played GoD+. Maybe the "over 100% weight limit" was when you were crafting idk. But I am sure that when the weight becomes red either at 85 or 90% you can't move.

17. Leeway

Leeway User

Great post! I have seen some RU players on youtube having 10+ NG rings in their inventory. Do you think this is a good strategy? What would you advise us?

Fragola likes this.
  18. Fragola

Fragola User

If I understand this test correctly, it won't help ) the less things you have, the less is the chance to lose something

Leeway likes this.
  19. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Read the posts above...

20. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Hmm...so let me get it : if i equip (example) a crystal dagger,i've like 10% chance to drop it...but if i get it into my inventory w/o equpping,chance to drop it is higher? so actually i should worry more for my SS than for my shaper? xD