1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plains Walker class in Classic server

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Narmontas, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narmontas

Narmontas User

I need some advice please... Im not a newbie in l2 game. But never have played for Plains Walker class. Especially on classic. Could I hear some tips , advantages , disadvantages of this class? PVE / PVP assessment?

From what I see :

1.) Top speed (fastest running class for a long runs). [No Dash ofc.]
    2.) Top DEX ( Evasion , critical rate , skills benefits from it)
    3.) Lots of self-buffs. (Aura attack, Aura Defence , Magic Barrier , Sprint)
    4.) Healing , curing from Poison, bleed...
    5.) Entagle - strong debuff that decreases enemies speed by 30%
    6.) Top Critical rate (at high level u got 50% crit rate passive).

What I'm thinking of... Having a good bow and Elven Mithril set for mana cap + top speed.
    (Having 0 hits is safer than having some hits , when you're with a bow)
    Later on in game would go up for BW heavy set , in some parties leveling with a bow. And btw having a dagger in a pocket. In later on game would go mainly as a dagger class. If going pvp with skills Vicious Stance always active.
    Thinking to keep the base stats maybe should go -5 Int +4 Wit.

What do you people think?
    I nead some guidance please :)

2. Lemmers

Lemmers User

I don't think you'll need Guidance with that amount of DEX!

mapexfalcon and Rytfield like this.
  3. Narmontas

Narmontas User

haha very funny I meant not buff but actual guidance :D

4. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Witty! You must be an Elven Mystic.

mapexfalcon likes this.
  5. Luminight

Luminight User

Daggers will be hard to level as they cannot aoe and most people will be grinding in various forms of AOE parties

6. wewdome

wewdome User

Any other dagger class will be better for both pve and pvp, especially when fully buffed.

7. Knoppix

Knoppix User

Melee DD classes is not actual on Classic now (not including bards and dwarfs, ofc)

8. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Well better in which way ?

TH - ideal stats (Big HP pool)
    Skills : Dash + Haste passive.
    Pvp Ofc : switch+trick is neat.
    Passives both Crit rate and Crit dmg.

AW - stats are poor (character is made to suffer). (Low Hp/stun resist) Compared to humans dark elves have their con too low... Even if compared with other stats they are like missing ;)

Skills : Poison , de-buffs , hex.
    pvp : trick.
    Passives : crit dmg.

Overall... : If you choose any weapon w/o using dagger skills...

The AW wins the most. Because each mortal/deadly blow lands auto crit dmg at 100% (Just skill land rate is ~44% when Back stab hits for 97%) :)
    So No physical crit rate passives = no problem if using skills... Using a bow or other weapons for attacks you feel a lot... If ure using bow you have lowest critical rate and because of that you hit more common general hits ;p And passives for crit rate. In archers party does not help that lot... Because when you hit 800 dmg. And have crit passive for 112 crit dmg... You hit ~ 1.7k dmg instead of 1.6k... And with crit buffs passive feels only a slight ;)

The TH is very durable and looks like this class is mage`s therapist ;) Dash few skills and gg...
    When using any weapon first passive for critical rate helps a lot. In later levels u get more levels of this skill.
    Having a bow is also beneficial because with haste passive and both critical passives... You can level up with archers party.

Don't forget archers lvl up party killing monsters mainly with general attacks Not with skills.
    Ofc im not comparing AoE archers parties... HE+SR... with burst shots... still...

I think having an elven dagger is not that bad... The only thing is that pvp will be hard vs many classes... Or vs TH/Glad/WL/SK.
    If using a bow you have 30% bigger boost for crit chance than SR has , you still can use Hide, Open doors to core.

Its just I need some really experienced players advice or tips how to make this character better. I know that with dagger skills dmg is very lame if youre not using vicious stance... And for Elves is a MUST. But what else? :)

9. wewdome

wewdome User

I might be wrong but pw can work if he transfers some dex to con. The class' biggest strenght imo is the high base movespeed and relatively high debuff resistance. Personally i'd go for -6dex +3str +3con. I'm afraid ruining the dex even further would kill the accuracy and attack speed. Con is probably most important stat for pw atm, but i am not sure if it is worth sacrificing both dex and str for +12 con.

10. TrisIs

TrisIs User

i'd not recommend to play any dagger on classic atm. Your pvp story will be simple: open field - dead before u get in range; close start - rooted/stunned/call your control skill - dead.
    Control skills landrate is too high.

11. VaBybi

VaBybi User

so you telling , to not play any melee in classic becous they all **** = open field vs mages and archers gg for all melee... ( just not WL GLAD some range skills?)

I think you up what you want , becous when you reach high lvl , the "savior" patch will come out and you just shadow step+bs gg ez.

12. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

/target dagger pull, agro, fear,stun, root, blablablablabla, so ez.

Just waiting to see how these daggers will ge through 2 agros of bd and sws, maybe 3rd agro from tank.

13. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

Warlord and Gladiator are for sure the most strong melees right now. Their ranged stuns,Aoe skills, high Con, Heavy Armor and Lionheart make them pretty tough in all kind of pvp scales(WL is better on the mass pvp).

IMO melee pvp rank right now is:
    Top Tier: WL/Glad/Dark Avenger(His Panther,Stun, fear + Slow is Imba)
    Mid Tier: Tyrant/Destro/Paladin(Mass Root)/SK(Paralize)/TK(agro and pray for cubic to root the target)(right now i think he is the worst tank)
    Low Tier: All Daggers(TH>AW>~PW)
    All Daggers right now just have pain and suffering at pvp most(higher the scale,worst the dagger power) of the times.
    But if going dagger i would recommend the TH.

This Rank will for sure change at Savior update.

14. VaBybi

VaBybi User

Again another man and the same oponion.... in another words dont up any melee becous they will get rekt by mages and archers. ( adressed to post owner)

P.S up what you want , and one day you gonna own everyone with that dagger( yes all daggers) , but the point is that patch is like in 1 years maybe longer?

15. TrisIs

TrisIs User

Just telling simple facts related to current classic. Personally I was playing PW back in days and it was fun. Ppl can play what ever class they want, fun is the only factor.

16. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

Narmontas, I see you play on lineage 2 classic private... I can tell you about all daggers if u want but I will focus now on PW since is the one you are willing to play...

3) PW => Blows are weak compared to the other 2, but on the other hand it will land more often... If u go behind is almost certain that blow will land, can sometimes land front blows also...
    Has the best evasion of the 3... It has the best Mdef also cause it has selfbuff... Survival is good, cure bleed and poison and heal... overall a good dagger, if well played can beat the other 2 because of evasion, but dont expect great hits from it... If you want big numbers on your screen I would say not to go with PW... (unlesss u go -DEX + STR ). Its also a bit difficult to play, but you can enjoy...

I would say that PW is made to kill mages... Has a good self Mdef buff, has heal, it is the fastest and best evasion... But like I said, does not have good dmg, so you will have hard time to kill tanky classes or to 1 shot people... For PVE is nice cause it has good crit rate and heal... For PVP your target will be Low Pdef people... Dont spend your time trying to kill tanks cause you will run out of mana...

And this is for you to remember about all the people wich is saying to you that daggers are BS and you should go for archer instead:

A dagger can ALWAYS use a bow... But an archer will never hide/backstab 1 shot people..

So play with the class you want... And wait for future updates...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  17. Kamrooz

Kamrooz User

I don't see the PW being viable unless you change the dex to con via tats. As someone who played TH back on official NA servers, as well as AW's on private. I had no trouble ever with PW's. I had more trouble with other TH/AW's. Yes they have the highest move speed of all. But as long as I had dash on CD, I was always able to catch up and finish off a PW. Had more issues on my AW as I needed a target to hit with blinding blow to catch up, or pray a freezing strike procs. Very rarely did I come across a PW naturally just running away from me on my TH. It has happened, but rarely.

The lack of Crit Power is just too much of a negative imo. Don't get me wrong, their self buffs are fantastic. Later down the road as the newer patches come out though. They will become better. But still no where near as good as TH/AW. But once again. Depends on play style. I'm torn atm as well between either TH or AW as a dagger...Or just go the lemming route and go HE like the majority of every other archer out there. (Although I'd rather pick a PR just to be different =P).

18. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Well if u compare hits from skills nackstab almost always lands from behind. And crit dmg passive adds a lot for skill dmg depends on lvl of passive. If your crit dmg increases around 112 you hit bs 1.5k instead of 1.2k ... ofc when using skills aw deals top dmg but if u use just normal hits and... use a bow... pw i think wins vs th or aw class ☺

19. mattz

mattz User

the way the things are right now, dagger is **** and will be for at least 8 months or so, gl.
    ue is **** same story with dex till 2.0

20. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Anyone might need in clan a player playing for PW? :p Still Im not nab , just wanna have some friendz :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.