1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News about..

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Ghrin, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghrin

Ghrin User

Ok, let me begin with that.. I know everything about my two favorite classes in later cronicles, but now in classic I can't decide between these two, because as I know leveling up is a real chalange.. So please tell me everything you know about Gladiator and Tyrant in classic.
    BTW: yes I read all the forum and found some info about them .. :) Thank you.

2. rocky1981

rocky1981 User

difficult to grid,expensive to make weapon(duals) :)
    as for class always gladi and tyrant is op in olympiad but you have to w8 at least 1 year to reach "savior" patch for join olympiad,i think is worth to play if have patience,not little but a lot! :)

3. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I had the same issue (as you might have read) and with a little convincing I chose Tyrant. Because:

- You can play tyrant with heavy armor sustaining a small/moderate disadvantage compared to Gladi.
    - Tyrant is more diverse and fun to play. Considering that you'll pve most of the time I find Gladi really boring.
    - Tyrant has better burst with Punch of Doom.
    - Little known fact: Gladi skills usually take 1 more focus charge to cast with max dmg (meaning higher damage), but have lower power than Tyrant's so it's overall balanced. But you still have to charge 1 more time to do same dmg.
    - From watching a lot of videos from the L2C RU. I have found that most gladis just go around with robes and spam sonic blasters. It's like you are being an archer with swords.. not an appealing gameplay for me.
    - Late game you have a nice Bison+Zealot combo which might prove to be better dps wize than the nerfed Frenzy+Zealot.
    - Late game you'd be able to outrun a lot of classes with the Totem of Rabbit. (unlike the short burst of Sonic Speed).
    - I am hipster and trying to stay away from the meta.

- One of the definitive advantages of Gladi is "Lionheart". "Break Duress" can't compete with it.

fagercraft likes this.
  4. Naphoc

Naphoc User

Another benefit: Nobody is going to use fist weapons, so they'll be cheap on the second-hand market :)

5. wewdome

wewdome User

One huge advantage of gladi is the fact that he and the bd are the only classes that can actually have SA on their weapons (through overenchanting duals). Ofc gladi=melee necro, I'd always prefer tyrant.

6. Luminight

Luminight User

Incorrect information there are curently no SAs whatsoever whether you have +4 duals or not.

The only item in the entire game with something SA-like is the cursed maingauche

Melee classes other than warlord will find it very hard to find groups in classic and they level very slowly as they cannot efficiently aoe

Tyrant has one redeeming factor that it's skills after 20 are very strong for the level and with soulshot and burning fist can easily solo unbuffed. Unfortunately gladis do not gain class specific skills til 40 and therefore are slow to exp

7. wewdome

wewdome User

Oh, didnt know that. Sounds good then.

8. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Since the info provided here: https://4gameforum.com/threads/535160/

I have now changed my decision - tyrant is no longer a favourable option to me, because of how stun works on classic.. Stun land rate is unaffected by CON which makes Tyrant weaker (as the race with highest CON), and makes Gladi stronger - because you can reliably stun people from a distance. So now, for myself, I need to decide Gladi or archer..back in the meta.. :88:

9. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

If you want to stun from a distance, take Warlord ;p

Luminight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.