1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose tank

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Namus, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namus

Namus User

Hello everyone so i am pretty new to Lineage 2 and since i always played tank i have decided to go with either Paladin or Dark Avenger (i only play human in MMOs) but i need some advice on what to pick.
    It is important to note that while i enjoy PvP i enjoy PvE even more (yes i like to grind) so when making a decision i am looking at PvE first and PvP second.

Before anyone starts giving me advice i was just wondering more about DA summon does it take away XP like some other summons and those C crystals are they hard to get/expensive to keep summoning him?

Thanks!

2. wewdome

wewdome User

everything is expensive in classic. Yes, kitty needs crystals, but no, it doesnt take away XP afaik.

3. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Since you are new to Lineage , you could view them (as their names suggest) as the Light Knight and Dark Knight. Paladin is tankier, Dark Avenger has more debuffs and damage (with the cat).

4. Namus

Namus User

How good are Paladin heals? Obviously i dont expect them to be good as dedicated healers but are they useful? When getting hit by mob while casting heal is there something like interrupt or casting bar reseting?

5. wewdome

wewdome User

in a world where mystic healers run around with close to max cast speed I wouldnt recommend relying on paladin's heal. Obviously in classic stun lands pretty easy and high CON will make little to no differece, so I guess, picking an offensive and fun to play tank such as SK isnt such a bad idea.

Basically for me, SK, DA and Pally have their advantages:
    -Pally: high con = more shield block, mass shackle, which is great, OP stun. holy blade for dragon valley.
    -DA: high con, horror, hamstring ... I am not sure if the panther would be affordable for XPing, OP stun
    -SK: hex, cubics, lightning strike (although relying on it is probably not the best idea ever), sting + power brake.

Anyway, neither tank would be permanent part of the strongest parties in the server, but I think tanks have their use in L2 classic

6. Yslock

Yslock User

The few moments that id heal is if id be solo'ing (not recommended) low on hp and lots of mp to reduce my sitting and waiting time
    When the healers of your party are lagging/debuffed and ur in a situation that u have lots of HP and ur DD is nearly dieing.
    To prepare ur angelic icon or whatever skills they get in future.

Personally, choosing a tank id go for the class that benefits the party the most with there party aura's / skills. But at the moment thats all a guess.
    Tho the Temple knight gets a nice defensive party buff in a few patches...
    I am unsure what party skills the other tanks get. Like will the SK get there SoS again? Noone knows...

7. Fragola

Fragola User

C crystals cost 3400a at Shillien and Panther doesn't eat exp. You can buy them easily on the market. Maybe not in the first month, but you won't need it either. Also you don't have to summon it all the time - it appears after relog or at log in if you had it before log out.

knight heals are all very slow, not bad if you want to recover your health without sitting on the ground, but not enough to self-heal when constantly hit by a mob or in PvP.

8. Namus

Namus User

So Panther persists until i or he dies even if i relog? Thats nice i guess i will be going with Dark Avenger then :)

9. Fragola

Fragola User

Panther stays alive even if you die - when you go back to village, it goes with you. You cannot use it, when you die, but enemies should destroy it separately in order to make you waste another C cry

10. Namus

Namus User

Nice so if i die against mobs if i am quick to respawn i can save panther :)

11. Namus

Namus User

I just saw on few websites that Dark Panther consumes crystals at regular intervals while summoned did they change that to one time crystal consume?

12. Fragola

Fragola User

yes they did.

all summons consume spirit ore or crystals only when summoned. and they don't eat your exp.

cubics consume ore when summoned and disappear after 15-17 minutes or at relog or death.

Siege Golem disappear if Warsmith dies.

More on summons here: https://l2central.info/classic/Система_слуг

13. iTabulator

iTabulator User

do dark panther still have the "cancel buff skill" ?

14. Narmontas

Narmontas User

In current classic servers DA is much more fun to play than paladin. Same like in old days ultill C5 when paladin started to be a strong class which later became TOP tank ;)
    IN classic there`s no toggle aegis stance... so... Till level 52 all tanks receives full dmg to their backs. = your tank slow - monsters fast. U run from them and you get full their dmg to back...
    At level 52 Both. Dark Elven and Elven tanks gets passive AEGIS. which gives you an ability to block dmg from all directions. So if you're running you start blocking skills. Which makes you much stronger.
    Since you wanna go human tanks I think you should go for Dark Avanger. - More pvp skills - more hostile class than paly.

15. Fragola

Fragola User

yes, it's in the discription

16. Yslock

Yslock User

To clarify it abit.

Paladin is more defensive orientated and few heals.

DA is more offensive orientated with a panther.

Any new skills that each one will get (also shown in previous update's such as high five,...) the paladin will most likely receive skills that boost the defensive abilities of the party while with dark avenger he will receive more offensive abilities (canceling, reducing cp, perhaps boosting the party offensive abilities)
    You cant really make the correct decision right now as the game is updated frequently.
    In most PVE occassions its better to have a tank that boosts the offensive abilities of a party.
    Tho at the moments its unknow which offensive abilities the dark avenger will get...(you can just wait and pray) Like in high five PVE parties wanted a paladin above a dark avenger.

17. Namus

Namus User

Can someone explain to me role of tanks in PvE at 40+?
    I just did some research and it seems 20-40 tanks are a must especially for AOE grps but at 40+ it seems WL takes over and tanks are useless?

18. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

DarkAvenger is very good... You will need a prophet or warcry to buff you and panter...

If u use panter with buffs you will XP very fast... Played DA for many years, if you need something send me PM...

19. Yslock

Yslock User

For high HP mobs i always preferred a SK more. Hex, bleed, cubics....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.