1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which support you recommend?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Vernith, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vernith

Vernith User

Hello, I got quite a plan.

I'll be playing with friend so mostly duo, maybe later we will join some clan.
    I want to play as support but can't decide which one.
    I consider: prophet, blade dancer and overlord.

So the first and most important question is, does prophet is able to solo? :D
    I mean, full buff + duals/bow, and light/heavy armor. Is this set up will hold it's ground?

As for BD, i like this character but I am hearing that sws will be more prioritized in parties.
    And as I remember solo exping was quite a pain, posible, but really slow.

And the last but not least overlord.
    I remember that in some point he was able to regenerating mana after each hit (something like mana leech). Is it still valid on classic?
    Overlords buffs are quite expensive, and if he can't buff party members, than it is really a not good idea, to go for him as a buffer.
    But still, he have some sweet mass CC skills, and i love CC very much.
    So the question is, do you have any idea about usefulness of overlord in partys which aren't a clan ones? Will it be hard to find it?

Thanks for help, and lets hope we will see each other in game.
    As friends or enemies.
    Cheers!

2. wewdome

wewdome User

imo go for bd or wc. It is not true that sws is preferred over bd. They are both extremely important and bd is often main hexer in melee single target parties. Wc is also great and future-proof class. He is able to solo with dots, has stun. It is all down to personal preference.

3. Tirith

Tirith User

What kind of class is your friend playing? Also know that it might be hard to get some of these classes even to 40 if you duo/solo.

Prophets go well in duo with physical damage classes. Like... Archer + Prophet. But I doubt you'll be able to solo effectively as one

I've played a BD back in the day and it was unexpendable class for every group. Melee, archer, mage groups all wanted a BD. However, it is true that it was a pain to level it up to level 55/58, that is when you get Dance of Warrior and Dance of Fury, which are melee/archer group must have dances.

OL is mostly a debuffer/CC type of class, it does have clan/party buffs but missing some key ones.

4. Vernith

Vernith User

@wewdome
    Well, I do recognize WC as great buffer, but somehow this playstyle doesn't appeal to me.

@Tirith
    Friend will be probably playing as a TH :)
    So BD/PP are best for him I assume :)

5. mattz

mattz User

th+pp
    only if u have PP u can add xtra bd, not the other way around.

6. Tirith

Tirith User

Don't go BD if hes going TH, its a horrid combination to level. Actually going BD for a solo/duo play only makes sense if you already have a PP/WC buffer with you.

I would suggest making a PP if hes going TH.

7. Vernith

Vernith User

Well i always liked prophets :) And I could sell some buffs ^^
    But what gear should i get? As PP get proficiency with all armors: robe/light/heavy?
    What kind of weapon would be good, as long as there is no acumen in mage weapon,
    there is no special reason for me to get one (maybe only for root, but maybe not mage weapon will be enought to land it).
    I would still like to do some damage while xping :)
    So:
    • duals?
    • Bow (if i remember corectly shooting consumes mana)?
    • 2h sword?
    • Sword & board?
    • Dagger (on low levels Cursed Maingauche)?
    Taking into account that if i would like to go melee, heavy would be probably best choice.
    And with Bow, probably robe would be great, cause of increased mana. And there are many voices that server would be heavy mage specific so no need to heavy.
    Is there any reason I should consider light armor at all?

Please share with me your view point :)

8. Tirith

Tirith User

Up until 40 I don't know if you should worry much about armor, get what you can get your hands on. After 40, I'd go with robes your friend will have agro on him if hes a TH.

I never played a prophet actively but mostly seen them with 1h mage weapon or duals if they assisted in small groups, almost never with a bow.

9. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

The thing with bows is that first they consume mana per hit (which you need to buff/heal), second they are expensive to shoot with (5shots and an arrow), and without masteries your damage will be quite low to be worth to shoot with bow. Robe with duals is my best suggestion, heavy +duals 2nd best.

10. Namus

Namus User

If you go PP and you will be doing duo mostly i say go with light armor and dagger. Light armor will increase your atk speed by 25% and you have buff that raises crit rate and dmg and as daggers have both high atk speed and crit rate the added atk speed from light armor and crit buffs will synergize very well. Oh and light armor while not providing bonus mana gives 20% more mana regen than robe.

11. Lanochka94

Lanochka94 User

sws up to 47 levels of useless play warcryer

12. Grubiorz

Grubiorz User

To lvl 49 actually... though reaching this level shouldn't be much of a problem.

13. Lanochka94

Lanochka94 User

If solo Kutch, not a lot of problems !!

14. Vernith

Vernith User

I'm afraid, that unfortunately those two statements are untrue. While certanly prophet got proficiency with light and heavy armor. Those benefits are only there to compensate for lost of first robe passives as: Magicians Movement (increase a. speed by 25%), Mana Recovery (increase MP regen by 20%), Spellcraft (x2 cast speed).
    So I still don't see much advantage of using light armor (maybe for set bonuses only)

Oh my, did I anywhere wrote, that I'm considering an sws to get such advice?
    And if I recall correctly, I already stated that warcryer is out of question.

15. Namus

Namus User

I stand corrected. Have never really bothered to check lvl 1 passives thanks for pointing it out cause this changes everything :)

16. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Pure Solo..

I think BD wins over PP with sting kiting, but both will be non viable tbh.
    PP does get might of heaven in saviors. Root + nuke might be the way to go. But still the mp resting will be insane.

For party with TH, the only choice is PP (if you only choose between OL, PP, BD).
    BD is decent since he can hex and taunt mobbs and tank. But your party will have to rest HP alot unless you keep healing pots rollin 24/7 maybe.
    You cant even double bleed kite since bleed doesnt stack.

I guess you could taunt/bleed kite while TH shoot arrows...

OL is jut not going to work, without clan all he brings are aoe debuffs, and TH has about 0 AoE capability.

17. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

OL is the best to solo and its very good in pvp, but it doesnt fit on duo with TH for leveling...

PP is good buffer for TH and u can solo killing UNDEAD mobs... Also u can use Light armor if u want... So I would say PP is the best combo with TH, but its not so good in pvp... Unless you are PRO...

BD sucks...

18. Vernith

Vernith User

Thank you very much for all your responces, they are very helpfull for me. [​IMG]
    Now i'm thinking about dyes, I don't care for extreme cast speed, so probably won't go with +12 to WIT.
    +4 should be sufficient. And now i don't know from which stat I should take away.
    I would love to enhance my CON, and as I was hearing the dex is best place to take it away.
    But won't my attack speed be to sloppy? Should I decrease it even more and increase STR as well?
    Or maybe i shouldn't trouble myself with STR and decrease from this stat?
    Do you have any recomendations regarding this matter?

PS.
    Forgot to write, that I have chosen prophet. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  19. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Go -15 int +12men or like +8 men -10 int and +4 wit -5 men.

You won't be doing any physical damage and your spells arent strong enough to hurt anyone anyway. Your job is to buff, do some heals, root and fear.

If you want to buff and do some heals while still being able to kill people and impact PVP then go for a warcryer.

20. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

As a prophet u dont need STR or DEX to anything... So u can just take it out to put CON... Unless you are going to be sort of Hybrid fighter/caster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.