1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dagger PVE

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Sailence, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sailence

Sailence User

Whats the viability of Dagger PvE? I am thinking about going TH but I will not have a constant party with full buffs. Can they do almost as good dmg output as say HE? I know I will already be a little behind without a constant party, but I do want to level somewhat fast. Advice or info?

2. Zarii

Zarii User

dagger solo with no buffer/heals is terrible, utter terrible :/

3. SonicYouth

SonicYouth User

When questioning this stuff, rly , youre not a dagger. Go summoner or what not

4. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Not true. For example Elven character has most buffs , dark elven got buffs and debuffs. Humans have good base stats and good passives.
    I myself lvled up my Abyss Walker solo w/o buffs. Aura Attack , Aura Defence + haste potion + alactrity potion. Bleed helps a lot. On green monsters many of them gets 8o percent + of their HP sometimes you can kill mobs instant... If you've poor and playing classic v 1,0 then ofc having a bow w/o shots is OK. Or hit monsters with a dagger activating shots only for a mortal blow skill ;) . But in this version you will have lots of adenas to use shots , to buy potions etc. So just take a bow and level up character as an archer. Once you go for 2nd class. Solo go to the zones where monsters are light armor users or having low hp/p.def and kill them with backstab mainly you should be able to kill them really fast ;)
    Id say : if w/o party. Have a bow and go kill flyers. lvl 24-32 perfect spot is Windy Hill just a bit north from Orc Barracks. After 32 you should try Gorgon flower garden - Near giran castle. Or floran : killing Delu Lizardmans and Cursed Watchmans.
    After 40 if your skills still are too weak. Go still with a bow to plains of lizardmen , timak orc barracks , hunters valley. Search for monsters with weak hp/p.def . W/o shields or using heavy armor. The ones with daggers or bows are easily to be killed and misses a lot to yours light armor of course.
    For example : Leto lizardman Soldier , Road Scavanger...
    And ofc the BEST is to kill monsters that speed is really low... Breka orcs , Harpies , Medusas , some types of skeletons... (Thats why golems and zombies are so ressistant to a bows;) ) . I hope this info have helped...

p.s. if you kill monsters with 1 backstab... you should kill them for a really long time so best would be to invest to a robe set... for mana pool for example ;)

5. Zarii

Zarii User

If you're killing green mobs in l2 classic you're already failing ^^ the exp penalty is huge 4lvls under you, i.e. green = 80% of original exp only. 61% at 5 lvls and 37% at 6lvls (light blue) so that's an invalid argument tbh. You can level any class solo if you want, but the guide you showed, he won't be 45 until the rest of the server is 60+. It's just not a viable option

6. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Don't know about you dude... But I myself only kill monsters that are worth killing. And its smt like 0 to -3 lvl difference. Mainly I stop hunting 40 lvl mobs at level 44 so... don't know about your penalties because people should be really mental if they would still be killing 5-6 lower level monsters ;)

7. Namus

Namus User

Actually that's not true mobs don't change color every lvl difference. For example at lvl 15 you are killing white golem and once you hit 16 he becomes green he will still give 100% xp BUT once u hit 17 he will still be green and then he will start giving xp penalty. So optimal way to xp is to kill mobs that are green but lvl difference does not give xp penalty yet.

8. Zarii

Zarii User

Yeah that's what I was saying, but you were talking about bleeding green monsters and what not lol...

you get penalized the second a monster is grean, the first level they are green it's a small % and 2nd level of them being green it's 80% of normal exp. They are green when they are 3,4 and 5 levels below you. Reducing your exp too 97%, 80% and 61% gained.

Example, mob gives 10.000exp when killed when it's 2 levels below you. When it's 3 levels below you you would get 9700 exp. When it's 4 levels you would get 8000exp, 5 levels 6100exp and when it turns light blue (6 levels below you) it turns into 37% i.e. 3700 exp.

9. Namus

Namus User

Pretty sure when i was testing it the lvl they became green they gave me same xp. Or at the very least xp difference was so small i didn't even notice it.

10. Zarii

Zarii User

Yes you don't notice it, but it's there. And it's only for one level before it gets heavily penalized, look at my comment above. Regardless of this, Narmontas statement about them being good in pve and bleeding green mobs etc is stupid. They should level in a group or with a buffer as they are not viable solo pve'rs in the long run.

11. ThreeHares

ThreeHares User

The first level they become green exp penalty is 3%, which is barely noticeable. At the second level of green, the exp penalty becomes 20%, which is severe. The drops are reduced on the first level of green already, but just a little.

12. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Your choice what monsters to kill... I preffer killing green ones is I kill them on 1 shot and still get good adena/drop/xp. About bleeding... Its effective against X(#) HP monsters. When bleed lands at good rate is like a type to save your own hp ;)

And Zarii ... I said : "and bleed helps a lot"
    About green monsters there is a nother sentence you can see [.] not [,] . So don't put wrong **** out of the context

13. geba89

geba89 User

Don't be worry about leveling. Its not a race. There will be plenty, PLENTY of ppl playing at same lvl as you without const parties.
    Lots of buffers, you will find party without a problem. Just play a class that you will not be bored, play what you really want. That's all.

fodemhouse, Naralein and ThreeHares like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.