1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Token system

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bennazz, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bennazz

Bennazz User

Since my previous message got deleted instead of moved, let me try again:

How about adding a token system to redeem (to play monthly) Active players can farm and buy tokens from players who aren't that active and paid for the game.

Pro:more players will join official instead of that fake classic L2 server (that's the main reason they go there, because they don't want to pay)

Con: Could ruin the economy if players buy tokens to get gear/money in game (how about 2tokens max monthly?)

Feel free to discuss, I'm up for paying anyway, there's just a lot of people not wanting to pay, and therefor joining another buggy server.

2. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

At first I was like "wtf is this guy smoking?", but come to think about it, you are onto something, although you explain it very poorly.

The way I see it, for every day of inactivity you recieve some kind of tokens. 30 days of inactivity would result in enough tokens to purchase monthly access. Obviously they are tradable, and anyone can use them, so if someone has an active unused account, once he starts using it again, he is in for a nice payday.

Such system however could be abused, so my idea would be to limit token aquisition to unused days payed with cash. Example - you bought 3 months access and didn't log in for 2 months. You end up with 2 months worth of tokens, and for 1 month still you will recieve tokens every day you are gone. If you extend your game time with those tokens and not log in again, you will not recieve any extra tokens (after the payed 3 months are over).

This would actually be good for the economy, since token sellers don't bring extra adena into the market, therefore they are not driving inflation, they are siphoning adena from the market, thus increasing adena demand and lowering prices of other items as a result.

Edit - additionally these tokens could be bought for real life money (similar system to Eve Online's PLEX), which dramatically limits any buisness RMT's could get from players willing to trade $ for adena.

3. Smade

Smade User

Hell no.

4. noisy43

noisy43 User

I wouldn't like that but yeah, probably more people would play if they can pay subscription with adena.
    Something plex-alike would be the best but only if you can't buy more than 2 per month.

Anyway, it ain't gonna happen.

5. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

I don't get why the limit?

I know this will probably never happen, but nothing wrong with throwing an idea ;p

6. noisy43

noisy43 User

Beacuse without limit we would have those heroes from Core who would just buy infinite "token's/plex's" and trade them for adena.

7. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

Otherwise they can just buy adena illegaly...

The point of plex in eve was to wipe out rmt's by introducing a legal and controled way of trading $ for isk. This makes perfect sense, since the target customer for any mmo is a person willing to pay x $ monthly for a video game, it is only natural that some of those people can and want to spend more. At the same time plex provides a reliable alternative to a monthly subscription without a decrease in annual sales, which would also keep some old players from quitting, so a win-win-win for CCP.

Admittedly, what I proposed above would have a negative impact on sales (initially), but at the same time might motivate the casual community to stick arround longer, and in my experience they are the first to leave once the server starts loosing population. In turn this stops any new casuals from trying L2 out, since low level zones are empty.

Bottom line - a bottleneck on "plex" availability would decrease the intended effect. Why? Less supply = higher adena price = less people considering it an alternative at all = less power to keep people playing. At the same time limit of $ a person can spend = more market share for rmt's.

And lets face it - personal income will always be a factor in terms of a mmo, if someone is willing to spend $ on an in game advantage he will find a way, legal or not, to do it. Instead of living in denial and claiming that such people can be stopped, you should embrace the facts as they are, and not how you would want them to be, and simply challenge them anyway.

8. Smade

Smade User

Yes,u cant stop people buying adena/items for real money but as you said it is illegal so you can loose your account.The other way you are talking about its called free for all P2W.

9. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

Go play EVE and see if people are complaining that the game is p2w.

10. Smade

Smade User

I dont need to.You can buy PLEX with dollars and sell them for isk, aka adenas,thats p2w for me.BTW you cant compare l2c to eve omfg,server is not even up.

11. roger12

roger12 User

rofl what token system. stop smoking lsd. and that freeshard classic will die after euro released.

12. Bennazz

Bennazz User

Altho I very much hope you're right, you're wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.