1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Zone: WHERE? Mb Giran Harbor

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DedFANKA, Dec 14, 2015.

?

What do you think about Trade Zone? Where it should be?

1. Monster Derby Track: there is Free TP from each City

26.6%
  2. Giran Harbor: Free TP from Each City (do it like Monster Derby Track)

19.6%
  3. Each City should have own Shoping Area: Gludio, Dion, Giran, Aden etc.

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DedFANKA

DedFANKA User

PLEASE VOTE!

About Shopping Area:
    in RU Classic - Monster Derby Track is the biggest one, + some traders in each city

What do you think about "make Free TP" instead MDT >>> Giran Harbor?

- Harbor in real life was always trade-zone.
    - In La2 Harbor is much bigger then anoher zones.
    - No one Official Server have some interest thing like this

Release is on 1 Weeks, it will be hard to edit till 22.12.15, but it can be AFTER starting too.
    I think it won't be a problem to switch trade zone if the MOST people will Vote for Giran Habor.

Let's imagine the following situation:
    You vote for each city.
    Nothing is constantly changing, everything remains as to the Russian classics.
    Each city has its own shopping area supposedly.
    Then there is a trader on MDT.
    You notice that there is price lower than what you have in front of you (Gludio/Giran etc).
    You will now regularly teleport to the MDT (it's free).
    And if there is demand, there will always dwarf there.
    And if there is one dwarf and one buyer, then the second dwarf will be ther soon too.
    And as a result we get a trade zone, as well as on the classics: close, small and uncomfortable!

Voice can be changed;)

Thanks in Advance!

Sorry for my not perfect English!

Best regards,
    FANKA

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Namus

Namus User

Free tp is bad idea it ruins local market. If you don't have free tp each area will develop different prices and to get the best deals in selling/buying you will have to travel. Ofc there will always be lazy people and this is good way to exploit their lazyness by selling for higher price because they are too lazy to go to other town to buy it cheaper :)

noisy43 likes this.
  3. Azauriel

Azauriel User

Do not enter communism and central planning to a lineage. Let there be a free market

4. DedFANKA

DedFANKA User

I see, that there is more Votes for "Each City".

let's imagine the following situation:
    You vote for each city.
    Nothing is constantly changing, everything remains as to the Russian classics.
    Each city has its own shopping area supposedly.
    Then there is a trader on MDT.
    You notice that there is price lower than what you have in front of you (Gludio/Giran etc).
    You will now regularly teleport to the MDT (it's free).
    And if there is demand, there will always dwarf there.
    And if there is one dwarf and one buyer, then the second dwarf will be ther soon too.
    And as a result we get a trade zone, as well as on the classics: close, small and uncomfortable!

Voice can be changed;)

5. DragonXT

DragonXT User

And very laggy

DedFANKA likes this.
  6. Namus

Namus User

That is why they should remove free tp to MDT.
    In order to promote setting up shops in various other cities what they can do is next (and these are just some ideas of the top of my head):
    1. The more shops in area are open the sooner your shop should close. For example if there is 200 shops in are where you open shop it should last only 1h if there is 100 shops it should last 3h if there is 50 or less it should last unlimited.
    2. Make setting up shops in popular cities cost certain amount of adena or add tax to each sold item (this will also help in keeping amount of adena circulating in game world under control). If you want something sold fast then pay the tax if not then wait longer but skip tax :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. DedFANKA

DedFANKA User

read :)

It won't be Free Market! It will be MDT-Market, cause no one (no dwarfs, no mages) will pay for Teleport.
    All what you tell - only Theory.
    MDT - practic in la2 RU Classic

8. iMadD

iMadD User

facepalm.jpg

noisy43 and corvik like this.
  9. Namus

Namus User

I understand what you are saying that's why i am providing feedback so they change that if possible and if not then oh well at least i tried.

10. AvLAbel

AvLAbel User

Shop in town just.. MDT is just wtf

11. Fragola

Fragola User

I do like the idea of Giran Harbor as a trading zone for two main reasons:
    1) more space
    2) less lags in cities.

I would embrace markets in each cities, but with free TP to MDT, we'll have the market there - packed like fish in a can.

PockCst and DedFANKA like this.
  12. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

[​IMG]

Lemmers likes this.
  13. tyntas

tyntas User

MDT should have a teleportation cost, or the best thing (at least for me) is to close down all teleports to it.. If u want to get there - run. Im in favor of local markets.

14. Arrowone

Arrowone User

offtopic: buteeeeeeeee. The game we gonna play, is called Lineage2, not Line age 2. L2!!!!! :D not La2 :D

15. TerraKill

TerraKill User

Local markets in each city ftw....

My reasons? please read.

1. each town will be selling different grades of gear. for example
    starter towns / Gludio /Gludin will generally have NG / D grade gear.
    Dion / Giran usually have D / C and B grade (generally find Dion is best trade town at start of servers, with giran taking over as avg player level raises, followed by Aden)
    Aden / oren? Will usually have C / B / A
    The citys themselves usually dictate what gear is being sold due to the level brackets of the levelling areas, there for making shopping MUCH easyer, then teleporting to an area with hundreds of shops. (obviously any item is sold in anytown, but im talking majority of items)

2. Varied market prices dependant on the city, drives Trade.(no sain person would teleport to every single city to check prices)
    A lot of people Enjoy trade in this game, the fact you can run/teleport to different towns and pick up cheap items and resell them in another town for profit is apart of the game and it also drives the market itself and keep prices fluctuating.
    If all shops where in one place, all prices are going to be roughly the same....... where is the trade in that?
    your just gonna end up with people undercutting each other like mad (more then usual) just to sell something, and inturn this will just drive the price of said items into the ground fast.

3. First impressions....Busy towns = Busy server.
    If I was to log onto a server and see that all the towns/citys are empty with no shops im probably going to assume the server is low population, its not going to encourage me to stay and play, especially if I didn't know there was a free market teleport that everyone uses.

4. Server Lag?
    Well this is just personal preference, but, Id preffer a little lag in citys, rather then alot of lag in one place.
    But to be honest most desktop pc's shouldn't have any issues with shops in citys, but all shops in one place? that might spank low end PCs/laptops.

5. Tinned Fish. (@Fragola lol fish in a can, love it)
    People seem to have a hard enough time putting correct titles on there shop as it is, hunting though hundreds of shops in one place >.< very time consuming and hard on the eyes :p
    I remember a server where all shops where at the MDT, it was so packed you almost couldn't click on the floor to move without misclicking a shop or,
    being able to click on the shop you wanted, without misclicking another shop due to all shops being so closed to one another, was very annoying.
    (I know this is minor and wouldn't bother some players)

6. Just add a Auction house? (Im being Sarcastic, I DO NOT wanna see a auction house ingame ever!)
    Surly if people feel all shops should be in one place because traveling is a nuisance, Just Add the auction house and be done with shops.....be done with trade... be done with searching for best price........be done with traveling............................................you wanna shop in one place right?
    while your at it can we get free teleports everywhere aswell? and free class changes? And an Unlimited soulshot item for free?

This is just my thoughts on the matter, But hell what do I know,
    I just wanna play the game and cash in on peoples laziness already.

Best Regards,
    Huggs and Kiss's,
    TerraKill
    xXxXxXxXx

Offtopic, Im guessing MDT will be turned off? I really enjoyed wasting all my adena @ MDT back in the days, would be nice to see it working ingame again.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  16. Gronley

Gronley User

No way innova makes free tp to GH, this aint some kind of provate server where GM says that PvP farming and trading locations should be in certain places and make free tp right there.

17. Mydgard

Mydgard User

Giran main place like everywhere. Anyway every cities have their own market places what people are using. Don't change this artificialy.

18. Goblingooon

Goblingooon User

Why you guys posting that kinda topics on this forum?) Innova is just the retailer of the final product made by korea). They won't change game system, just because 1 guy told them do so. Because of 2 things:
    1) they do not have possibility to do so.
    2) it's 7 days till official start date.

19. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

gludin > gludio > dion > giran - chronology of commerce

20. Fragola

Fragola User

@TerraKill, as a dwarf in mind I understand what you want from the trading in the game and how you want to profit from it. And when I started the game, other players told me that it will be like you say - first Gludin, then Gludio, then Dion, then Giran...

And in the beginning it was like it. Gludio became the biggest resource market when Dion slowly took it's place mainly as gear market. In February, there were less and less people in Gludio and Dion was huge. It was the time when I started to play in the market, because in 1.0 it was almost impossible for me to farm adena for my gear. I had like 200k adena by lvl 23 and I wanted D grade weapon.

At MDT resource and SS market started to grow. Then in spring many people moved to Giran for exping..but the trade never went there. Dion became empty and almost all traders went to MDT. Because you are right - no sane person will check the prices in all cities, but every sane person had mults in all major town and then, if tp to MDT is free - it took almost no time to get there and check it. Laziness won. The logic behind it was: "ok, I found this cheap thing in Dion, but it will cost me nothing to check MDT and see if I can find a cheaper one".

I found the way to earn money even with free TP to MDT and I know a way to earn money with free tp 40- everywhere ) but I don't believe EU will have it the way you want it. Sooner or later everyone will move to MDT, just because of free tp there.

21. Namus

Namus User

Like i said they should remove free tp for MDT and problem solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.