1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any reason to play a TK?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Acheron, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acheron

Acheron User

Compared with the other tanking fellows, since the beginning of L2 history, Temple Knights were the less preferable and less usefull tanks of the game, both on PVP and PVE aspects of it.
    Checking the new skills of Classic for this class, I thought that the lvl 80 skill would be the one and only skill that would make this char more playable and could offer an advantage over the other tanks.
    Description of the skill (google translate from NC korea) is as follows:
    Protection of Eva: The Physical Defense of party members in 3 minutes Eva Protection 15%, 10% and magic defense increases the movement speed 4. Available equip a shield.
    Full of hope, I translated the skills of the other tanks and BANG!
    My closest friend Phoenix Knight came up with
    Shield of Sacrifice:To sacrifice themselves to reduce their maximum HP by 20%, Physical Defense by 15% for 3 minutes party, magic defense by 20%, it increases the effect of recovery magic received increased to 20%. Available equip a shield.
    So, is there any reason to play TK and not any other tank?

2. G3n3s

G3n3s User

easy hero in a year id say

3. KSERW

KSERW User

Tk is so pro. In olympiad a good tk ***** ppl

4. Acheron

Acheron User

There's a lifetime between 1st day and Olympiad though.

5. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Guard Stance is TKs only advantage, and its mostely usuably only in a tank party for raids where you got enough mp recharge to keep it going.
    Rest of his stuff fails in comparison to other tanks (heal cubic, root cubic, self heal, self buffs)

Basically its the top tank for RB and AoE tanking. 360 shield + good con + guard stance + good runspeed + extra hp/aggro from cubic in 1 package.
    AoE is ruled by WL thou so even if its the best tank in there, its still not that wanted in AoE.

Its a tank, and with tank buffs it will be awesome tank, just not unthil 76+ unless your tanking a raid.

Oly im not sure, 10n1 fights ar so different with highlandrates on debuffs in classic.

6. SkizzoSkillZ

SkizzoSkillZ User

TK its a nice tank. U just take dmg in a party and crowd control with agression and aura of hate. Cubics are ok, viable for pve but depends where you farm and with who you farm. Also consider the buff it gets, it will be ok. dont worry if you plan to play on the long-term you wont see many paladins and tk running around.
    Most of the players ignore tanks because they say they are useless but a pro tank will be an asset to any pt.
    I will play as a SK because i consider him to be the best crowd control tank, also its my fav class in L2. And with the paralyze land rate SK will rock.
    BTW i saw korean oly with sk in action. Beats almost everything, any tank, and looses only against mages that lands fear.

Anyway play what tank you like more. Defensive (TK and Paladin are the same, there no difference betwen them) or Offensive(SK>DA)

fagercraft likes this.
  7. fagercraft

fagercraft User

TK vs Pala = AOE Shield vs AoE Root, Majesty vs Guardstance, shield stun vs vs entangle. Paladin gets Angelic Icon in Saviors thou, while TK gets... well i guess he has cubics.

8. SkizzoSkillZ

SkizzoSkillZ User

exactly. TK=Paladin. And i think tribunal its a bit better than shield slam. And angelic in saviour its not what its used to bee. Its nerfed.

fagercraft likes this.
  9. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

TK is the best tank for PVE... Or to look like a dragqueen also...

10. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Temple Knight

1. Base top Tank speed.
    2. Fair HP Pool.
    3. Self buffs/heals/cures.
    4. Aegis Passive - Shield def. activated on whole 360 degree = can take trains of fast monsters 40+ and still survive. While DA-PAL would die from >10 mobs.
    5. Entagle - useful debuff in pvp.
    6. Cubics supports survivability , Binding Cubic - insane pvp stuff. Roots targeted player... (Especially useful on mass pvp)
    7. Tribunal active skill - archer, dagger killer. Strong atk power.

======================================

Disadvantages...

Not high con - Lower HP/stun resist / shield def rate is low as well. (Classic setting - NOT DEX ADDS SHIELD. rate)
    Lack of power skills in arsenal... - You can pursue your target and hit him like for a very very long time to kill it... pvp TK vs TK would take eternity ^^
    Stats a bit average - very confusing with dyes.

======================================

Overall verdict :

Temple Knight is a very good tank class but it depends on game play of yours...
    What I could say : TK with binding cubic - Nightmare for archers and daggers. ;)

11. Grubiorz

Grubiorz User

Just curious... you write this based on your experience with this class or only from observation?
    Since cubics activation was always quite random I wonder how effective really is binding cubic in pvp...

12. geba89

geba89 User

Well TK is unique char right?

If I would play TK I would go for Mage weapon for higher m.atk and just spam entangle on pvp. Also binding cubic is nice vs any chars.

In pvp vs archers TK will be really good coz of entangle and root and he will not get any dmg from archers :) so he can just chase em :)

VS mages its a bit more complicated coz he has no such good defense vs mages but still binding cubic + entangle make enough to not be useless :)

Also 360 shield defense degree great for trains and bosses. DA and Paladin have to be in front to block attacks, so while running around with boss and using hate they will be hit for more dmg than compared to TK/SK.

13. wewdome

wewdome User

TKs are 'special'.

14. >ErKy<

>ErKy< User

I used to be first TK Hero back on Hindemith server, when i started making the char i didnt even know wich class i would go, if SWS or TK. Obviously i went TK, most of what everyone is saying is correct, he's very good at tanking RB's , trains, etc, when it comes to solo you better forget about it because he deals ****ty damage compared to other tanks.

About pvp well... back in the day Hate didnt work on pvp so he was pretty much useless, only when i got Hero i could do something because i got Hero polearm for buff cancelling. He has pretty low STR so you will be dealing ****ty damage to anyone, i couldnt be able to beat any other tank on 1v1 until you get to 77+, mainly due to the low damage compared to the other ones.

You can still tho use him with a bow to kill somebody, honestly i dont know how it will be right now on Classic, but what i can tell you for my own experience.

1. He's a great if not the best Tank for Pve (Raids, Aoe trains), due to high speed (can train very well w/o getting hit), and due to his Aegis shield wich provides him with 360º shield defense.
    2. You will for sure need a CP to level up, or it will be so painful (even more that what classic is already :D)
    3. If you plan on playing in a long term way, you will for sure (if you dont quit before getting there) to be able to get a free hero.
    4. He's the gaylord #1 or you can make female character :D

Hope it will help you, if you ask me now if i would make TK again, maybe yes he was fun for me atleast, but keep in mind that you aint going to be able to kill people in pvp, unless you have AQ, +++Bow etc.

ThreeHares likes this.
  15. Narmontas

Narmontas User

1. Yes from my own experience.
    2. Land rate is pretty the same Like SK or Summoner ones ;) Ofc Its random , but while TK can Endure much all cubics will auto-cast many times ;)

16. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

I remember when I used to play SK cubics were activating quite fast, so I guess TK is the same...

Also if I am not wrong, they were using Bsps for magic...

17. bagindawud

bagindawud User

Temple Knights are the most beautiful knights in L2 universe.
    If you're into vanity / fashion n appearance, that would be a plus

18. Namus

Namus User

TK is best PvE tank. Highest move speed and aegis = win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.