1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

account shearing / drivers breaking TOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAif, Dec 17, 2015.

1. TheAif

TheAif User

so after along chat with someone that "knows?" Innova will have multi hunters and tools to help them take down the bots/drivers/account shareing ppl out there. we have heard of super CP where 1x9 account is driven by 3-4 x 9 ppl 24/7.

what do you think ?

will they get banned or not ? how is the xp on this from the russian server ?

2. Norz!

Norz! User

I can't imagine for a second that the serious CP/clans on L2C RU aren't accounts sharing.

And there is actually nothing wrong with it. Multi-boxing, accounts driving/sharing etc has ALWAYS been a big part of L2, it's what makes the game much more flexible and a little less hard to deal with.

I don't know what's Innova's stance is on it, but I can't imagine for a second that they would seriously enforce any kind of accounts sharing policy.

Enough much needed and pertinent work to do with botters, hackers etc. Accounts sharing is fine, but using third party tools to allow a couple players to run full CPs should result in perma-bans. Obviously.

3. Strenki

Strenki User

I don`t see nothing wrong with account sharing. If buffer/bd/sws player is not available of course everyone will box.
    Norz! wrote it perfectly about who should be banned.

4. TheAif

TheAif User

this is the general thing most ppl say, but account sharing is prohibited.

https://eu.4game.com/l2eu-violations/

8.2. Sharing your Account information with other Users --- penalty : From warning to permanent character/game account blocking, recall of the last exchange deals and item displacement from one character/account to another.

Bananadrama likes this.
  5. Chivana

Chivana User

Boxing my own account with ingame macros is completely different from playing a character shared with someone else. Acc sharing makes the char stronger then it would be if played by the owner only. That is an unfair advantage, utterly wrong and of course bannable. I just hope there are still legit players and clans out there, who don't tolerate botting, rmt and acc sharing.

deadmaker, Bananadrama and Naralein like this.
  6. lMak0l

lMak0l User

It's been a usual grey area that is tolerated but CAN get you banned. No need to use any third party softwares or ig/oog macros, sharing accounts AND playing legitly on all accounts can get them all banned.

Everybody does it and it's indeed part of the game, but from my past experience, if you get mass reported it can lead all of the involved accounts to be banned and the support will just reply that you broke the EULA/TOS and quote what @TheAif said.

Don't expect actual GM to say anything here, anyone that had to deal with it on Core will be able to tell you how they handle this situation.

7. TheAif

TheAif User

you just called it an unfair advantage, but i´d say that ur boxing one more account gives you unfair advantage over other players. and tbh iam not sure if boxing an account is allowed ;-) or not. (i was planing on this my self but iam not sure if its realy allowed.)

8. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

9. Rytfield

Rytfield User

I don't think the rule will be enforced, simply because it would kill the server quicker than introducing L2 Store. They'll only enforce it to keep up appearances, which means there's always a risk when you choose to share your account.

10. TheAif

TheAif User

iam asking the players ;-), and if this dude is right that Innova is going to combat account shareing, alot of ppl will get in warnings/bans ?

11. iMadD

iMadD User

In theory playing you wife's / husbands account it is offence but I doubt ever account got banned for sharing, all companies simply don't give you any support in case of striped account.
    Now on the other side logging account one minute from UK then from Spain then from Greece is a whole other story.

12. TheAif

TheAif User

so following the rules they set, will kill the server ? i think it would be the other way around ;-) by inforceing the rules, more ppl would play,becouse 3 ppl wont play the same account + dont have to risk ur account with accountshareing. and more ppl would be playing normal times insted of 24/7 partys that would outlvl everyone.

Bananadrama and Naralein like this.
  13. Namus

Namus User

How many people do you think will leave once they realize they need to share accounts in order to stay somewhat competitive?

Naralein likes this.
  14. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Ideally nobody should share their account and we should all play our chars actively in full parties with active party members. Needless to say, that won't be the case.

I don't think there are many accounts that are shared in such a way that they have 3 active drivers. People often box a friend until he or she is available to play him- or herself. Within a CP, account sharing is often of vital importance. (e.g. if the WC is occupied, someone else can log that char and the hunt can continue).

I never said that it is needed to stay competitive.

What I'm trying to say is that you're risking a snowball effect. Player A gets banned. Part of his CP and friends; players B, C and D will lose interest and quit as well. Subsequently their friends might also loose interest etc. I'm afraid groups of people will disappear from the server. Be it due to a broken up CP, inability to play with friends, lack of rivals or whatever.

15. TheAif

TheAif User

better to make this clear ;-) break the rules you get banned ? that way no one lose intrest ? :p

Naralein likes this.
  16. Namus

Namus User

Then they should give them a warning first and if they continue doing it well its their own fault.

You know i actually left clan (if you can call that leaving considering server didn't start up yet) cause clan leader openly admitted to not caring if clan members will use bots and some members openly said they will use them. Their excuse was they don't have 10h+ per day to play anymore so they need to use bots. That will hurt everyone who plays on the server. Account sharing will also hurt everyone who plays on this server and rules are there for a reason.

In recruitment section there was a thread that openly said that buffer that would like to join should be ready to share his account. I even quoted and asked isn't account sharing against rules and i was ignored but i just checked that thread and that statement is gone and so is my post so either someone is covering for them or i don't know what is going on.

Anyway i guess some people are just not intelligent enough or don't care about consequences to realize that their actions such as boting and account sharing will only lead to dead server and for what? So that they can be few lvls higher than everyone else? Well i would rather have full server 1 year from now and be lvl 70 instead of boted and account shared max lvl toon on empty (if it survives that long) server.

ThreeHares and Naralein like this.
  17. Smade

Smade User

so..any ban at l2cRU for sharing account?

18. Rochu

Rochu User

i heard that month after start one guy got banned for boxing prp while killing mobs with his main ws, both chars got perma banned, but still dono 100% if what he was saying was true, he might just sold his adena and left he was quet rich.

19. Lanochka94

Lanochka94 User

server bots are not needed !!

20. TheAif

TheAif User

try and not break forum rules, we are not alowed to talk about ppl that might have been banned ;-)

anway, from what some ppl say " this might not be true" but i got this early today :

and with google translte thats something like : Innova is hiring multi hunter EU classical start, your job is to find and identify the people who have more than one person playing the same account and compliance Nsoft servers Innova.

basicly what is was told that they are looking for ppl to find ppl that account share. (i have no idea, if this is true) as i could not find this anywhere but i dont speak russian.