1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bot Politics | Community stance?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TerraKill, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerraKill

TerraKill User

I feel the general consensus on the forums concerning bots seems to be the majority of people are against them. People seem to think that innova will not be doing much about this problem and that we would end up with a bot filled server that damages our gameplay.

Please wait one moment before assuming this is a flame or salty thread, take a moment to hear me out!

So here it is
    I thought i’d approach the community with a self enforcement policy where the players help police the server, make reports and forward these reports onto innova, Yes this is claimed to be done by player’s already, but who actually follows through and does it? It’s easy to show apathy towards this inaction but it is as bad as the act of botting in the first place, for we are allowing this to happen.

In doing so and only if enough of the community falls into the mindset of reporting bots before they get a foothold on the server Innova will be left with no other option but to actively enforce their no bot policy and make bans happen frequently or whichever punishment innova finds suitable, i don't presume to order them about only wish to assist with the fight against bots/RMT.
    (I have much respect for innova for supplying us with this server)

If the community turns a blind eye to botting and allows bots to become established or people use bot reporting as a means of getting players “you do not like” ban, a month or so down the line our servers will be infested with inflation, purchasable gold from third party sources and overwhelmingly powerful enemies you’re never going to kill, aswell as wasting innovas time on false reports.
    I’m not saying we can stop botting all together, but we can help minimize the problem and make the server a happier and fairer place to play.

To the administration team, “what would be adequate information to make a bot report?”
    does the ingame bot report feature actually bring to your attention “said” player could be botting?

I know this would be a large task ahead of us all, but if the whole community chips in and actively helps with innovas efforts we could stamp out botting before it becomes a problem.(positivity is scary)

Namus likes this.
  2. Ithican

Ithican User

My thoughts on botting and the use off:

1) i do not want to contribute to a mechanic or not protect against something that i believe detracts from the quality of gameplay especially in the acquisition of gear and levels at an unfair advantage.

2) It becomes a crutch, instead of forcing the player to learn their class

3) The game is more rewarding when you kick *** without the aid of bots, for it is your achievement not because you watched the complete saga of Starwars while a third party programm did it for you.

4) I find that the game would probably not be challenging for me if i used bots, these players get bored with the game due to the fact they faceroll opponents who are at a gear and level disadvantage, instead of beating players who are better geared giving a sense of accomplishment, as games should provide a challenge.

5) Botting allows the easy acquisition of gold to third party sellers, which provides an influx and inflation of gold towards server speeding up and rendering lower tier items useless past crystal value, thus creating a gap in the market where players who do not participate must leap over.

6) Lastly It sets a standard that people feel they must participate in botting or purchasing gold, People will never be able to beat someone who does, So a circle of “Well he did he” starts or the worst scenario, people leave the server due to bots.

3. Rainlok

Rainlok User

"report bot" works only after a certain character received a certain number of reports, so click 'em dont get lazy,..all day everyday

Caico likes this.
  4. Namus

Namus User

You can count on me doing everything i can to stop bot infestation and ruining of our server.

A good way to check if someone is boting: Obviously people that are not boting wont just stand and get killed.

5. Arrowone

Arrowone User

bots will always be there. just as wallhackers will always be in counter-strike. But unlike counter-strike cheaters we can do something about it in L2. We will train the bots with fake death. stun and root them. and create perma red bot killers while innova investigate them.

Back on Bartz we had massive wars against the chinese bot farmers. the whole community put their wars aside as soon as there were bots around. it was prio 1.

6. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

I think many of us remember what was like back in the day on the oficial servers.
    Fortunately, many of us also know that didnt happen on Russian servers. I hope it stays that way.

7. sharx

sharx User

you realize russian servers are flooded with bots and inflation ? :s

Fuzzyy likes this.
  8. ConvictOG

ConvictOG User

russia bots more then anyone else cause they try to sell the adena for cash...so remember to report the people shouting trying to sell adena and i know its a long shot but innova should track their ips and ban them all the accounts...my 2 cents

9. nonas

nonas User

Easy guide for @CMAmarantha :
    1. people get 1 token for each banned bot, that they reported
    2. for 50 tokens you can buy some fashion items, like a policeman hat or whatever

trust me, people would be motivated af

Sihaya and noisy43 like this.
  10. Approbus

Approbus User

Some people like to talk without having a clue. Russian servers flooded with bots? Maybe some private **** that you were playing. Go check Gran Kain and try to find bots.

11. ConvictOG

ConvictOG User

I played russia retail...alot of russia botting useing XXXXXX...its common knowledge that russians cant l2 without programs to play game for them...nothings changed in 10 yrs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  12. berillium

berillium User

It will motivate people to report everybody else.
    Innova fights bots not 100% successfully, but they do pretty good job. https://translate.google.com/transl...s://4gameforum.com/threads/519603/&edit-text=

13. Gabiru

Gabiru User

Instead of giving the game for free make the first month cost 50 or 60 euros then when the player using the bot gets banned he got more to loose then only 10 euro

14. nonas

nonas User

Worst idea ever, no1 would play, why such a useless post

15. GardeKan

GardeKan User

go die with your fashion , are you serious ???? if you want some fashion item go in Aion or Tera !

16. TheAif

TheAif User

i started a lvl 1 elf, and it took me 5 min to find a bot. on gran kain (dwarf) we where 4 ppl starting to kill it, took us 15 min but we killed it :p (a normal player would turn and kill us long be4 we kill it :p)

17. Gabiru

Gabiru User

Worst idea ever, no1 would play, why such a useless post

18. Azgaard

Azgaard User

Both of you "Worst idea ever, no1 would play, why such a useless post"

19. Approbus

Approbus User

There will always be bots in early level, because there isn't much to lose. On the other hand you will rarely ever see bot at 40+ there. If you don't trust me, ask other folks that played there.

20. platinumdrgn

platinumdrgn User

If you watch the rus xp streams almost all of the non healing supports are bots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.