1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a newbie..Solo? Summoner?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Capped, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Capped

Capped User

Hi everyone, im pretty new to L2 (ive played before sporadically but know next to nothing tbh.) and ive got a few questions about a solo playstyle. Now, i do INTEND to party, i just have no friends to form a solid group with - if i can find a group while im playing then great. But the thing is, with me being a complete noob, and probably being behind everyone, and having nobody to play with..i need a class thats going to do well solo.

So my questions to you guys are

1) Are summoners still useful / taken into parties / good at pvp?
    2) What classes are good to solo with? (I heard summoners were #1)
    3) Whats a good class for solo & pvp.

Remember, when i say "solo" i just mean playing without a group of friends...If i get stuck with nobody to party with then i want to be able to make progress..

Thanks for any advice!

Also any tutorials / guides on how to get started would be great!

2. hey1984

hey1984 User

You can also read the other threads on this section,instead to make another one asking thread.You can find all these answers in 5 minutes if you focus on it :)

3. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Warcryer.

1. #1 Griefer class
    2. Massive dmg with freezing flame - wanted in single target groups
    3. Massive AoE - Wanted in AoE groups pre 40
    4. Buffer - Wanted in all types of partes for their buffs, starts to kick in 30+
    5. Awesome solo with DoT kiting (some mp resting without SE thou, Summoner will be slightly better here)
    6. Good PvP class (Stun, Sleep, DoT, Heal, Buffs, LifeDrain)

Summoner.

• Bad Rep - very few will invite you to group over normal DDs
    • Good Pure Solo - but pure solo will be bad 40+ and insane 60+
    • No PvP ability once nukes get outdated
    • No AoE
    • Good pre 40 but only becouse it plays like a Nuker then.

4. Naralein

Naralein User

Merrow?

5. Namus

Namus User

Pet sps/ss will only be added in 2.0 so its pretty weak compared to sps/ss spamming aoe classes.

As few ppl said here on forums play summoner only if you have pure love for that class cause playing it is like adding hardcore on top of hardcore lvling experience.

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Solo AoE only, the cooldown is to long and no shots to be wanted in aoe groups.
    at 40-48 youll get parties thou since you can use Merrow AoE + your lvl35 flamestrike. Unless the party leaders dont know how summoner work and think your bad (Summoners having bad rep is real)

7. Naralein

Naralein User

Can only the summoner buff the servitor or can it be buffed by a buffer too?

Where can I find the stats and skills of the servitors?

8. Capped

Capped User

This looks like great advice! :O I think i'll go with a WC at launch then since they seem to be exactly what im looking for - good at everything :D Im more than happy playing a buff / support role in groups & large scale pvp but i want to at least be able to hold my own in solo pve / small scale pvp. Seems like the WC is a solid choice!

Thanks very much :D

fagercraft likes this.
  9. Fragola

Fragola User

If buffer buffs the summoner, the servitor receives these buffs automatically, you don't need to buff it separately.

I didn't find stats for all servitors anywhere. The skills are the same as described here: https://l2wiki.com/Servitors (just keep in mind, that not all servitors are available atm)

Naralein likes this.
  10. Necrolith

Necrolith User

I've just found this web: http://summons.la2portal.com.ua

I think the stats are the same for the classic version but I don't know if they adjusted them. Anyway I think It's helpful.

Fragola I'm tempted to make a summoner as I was a true lover of the class but now that there're no pet ss/bss... I don't know what to do.

Is the summoner really useless without pet ss?

11. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

It is more useless compared to 1.0, since in 1.5 the adena drop is enough so that normal classes will use soulshots all the time. Before, people were mostly going without shots because they couldn't afford it and thus the servitors were on par (or even better, since better stats, no gear requirement etc.) but now I would say they are worse.

12. Fragola

Fragola User

It hugely depends on your goals and your play style. I feel amazing being a summoner. I have my SE as box, best C staff and at lvl 45 I exp at least as good as full AoE parties, making 10-12% per hour. It took me a year to get to lvl 45 because I was relaxed and didn't belong to CP or like. I could go on holidays for summer and I can log once a week if I feel like it. I like being so independent. So, for my playstyle I think summoner if the best class.

Under full buff servitor's p attack is acceptable, it can kill a monster by itself, takes some time, but tolerable. I help it with nuking now and I'd will help it with duals later (if I weren't switching to EU). Sooner or later we'll get beast SS and Magnus and we'll be even better )

13. Parody123

Parody123 User

10-12% per hour on lvl 45? I dont really believe it...

14. Namus

Namus User

Magnus has AoE stun right?

15. Fragola

Fragola User

Should have )

the stats don't match. I've checked Merrow Unicorn lvl 42 (summoner lvl 40) and all stats are different - from HP/MP to speed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  16. Necrolith

Necrolith User

Oh ok ^^ I have some other questions about summoner in classic, would you mind to answer them? I'll pm you ^^

17. Girenas

Girenas User

Didn't read all of the above, just red the topic.

Got just one thing to say: if you're going to play solo L2 Classic is not for you. This game is about teamwork.

18. geba89

geba89 User

Well not really. Summoners are the only class that can solo till end game (so far).

Summoners don't need other ppl to play, its recommended to get a buffer + other ppl when playing summoner, but its not so uber required.

If you want to solo only them summoner is the only class. If you want to solo and find party from time to time then summoner is also good. But if you want to play in small groups like 2-3 ppl, then go directly for DD or Support.

Fragola likes this.
  19. Namus

Namus User

Would you guys recommend fist weapon or dagger or dual swords for summoner at 40+? Or maybe its best to stick with staff until ~50?

Necrolith likes this.
  20. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

I only know that Bow was/is best in L2