1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tank, is it worth for now ? and for future ?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by rahh1000, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahh1000

rahh1000 User

Hi guys,
    What do u think about rolling a tank (DA) at start? How usefull is goin to be for guild and CP (in this patch and future also)?
    Im goin to play with my friend and he will probably roll a PP/SE dunno which one will be better.... and how hard exp will look like?

For now i read that tanks for CPs are kinda useless but I belive its gonna change in future...

2. ThreeHares

ThreeHares User

3. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

Everything will change, but it will take a long time... Tank is still good against raid bosses, but in a CP I would say WARLORD is better..

4. lmnop

lmnop User

what about nukers AoE parties? Isn't a tank good in such setup? (I have never joined a party as a nuker, so don't know how do you set an AoE party.. xD)

5. Sevi123

Sevi123 User

It's way easier to stun all mobs than to aggro them 1 by 1. After 2-3 aoe nukes without aggro mobs will go to nukers and everyone will die. Classic is hardcore, and with playing tank instead of WL you grind way harder (more deaths during AoE and slower progress).

6. rahh1000

rahh1000 User

Btw. guys how do u rate DA usefulness in melee in dagger/melee party ?

7. geba89

geba89 User

Less work for healer, 1 target to heal, less heals etc. So in melee pt its good. But only if you fight x4+ HP mobs like in DV, otherway, just a class that can save ur *** if you agro to much mobs on yourself.

fodemhouse likes this.
  8. Namus

Namus User

AoE taunt is that weak? :eek:
    I am still undecided whether to go with DA i mean i love tanks i always play tank and DA seems like perfect class for me but i don't want to lvl tank solo i will be lvl 40 in a year...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  9. geba89

geba89 User

Well the reason ppl choose WL over Tanks is because Hate Aura got lower range than WL's taunt and WL got better crowd control skills.
    Beside agro tank cannot control mobs, hate is more effective but when WL just can stun all mobs and not loose HP at all then WL becomes better in terms of "tanking".

10. lMak0l

lMak0l User

Don't worry too much about hate aura, it's just needed at the beginning before the OL roots them, or a few seconds later when some leak to your fellow nukers.

I don't expect so many people to roll warlords without an already defined CP so your viability and ability to find nuker parties to aoe is not 0, but quite honestly nuker aoe in pugs is hit or miss, and you can't afford to miss too much :)

11. Namus

Namus User

Why does WL even get taunt? Really this game is going to consist of 90% nukers and 9% WLs and archers and then 1% split among other classes...

From what i see tanks are only going to be needed for 4x/5x hp mobs that you can hunt when they are yellow/light red for really good xp per mob (great for melee parties) and thats pretty much it rest of the time you are solo. Might as well just make summoner then.

12. geba89

geba89 User

Well its not like this.

WL get Provoke - it has same effect as Hate or Aura of Hate but with really low power, its used only to taunt mobs on you, but not to hold them on you.

Tanks Aura of hate and Hate provokes mob and keep him on tank so he don't loose agro.

So the thing is that if WL provokes bunch of mobs and other starts to hit them then they will change the target really fast to other ppl, they wont follow WL.
    So WL cannot keep mobs on him, but due to his AOE skills he can just stun them all which is currently better than keeping Tank alive.

Tank will be good in melee pt or maybe in any aoe when they bring some mobs with resist stun so WL wont be effective anymore.

But with current state, when debuffs land without problems the mechanics changed so much that resist shock, mental shield etc. are pretty worthless because they give you only a bit more defence vs stun/mental attacks. Due to this best classes are those that can bring any kind of crowd control.
    WL, OL, Necro are the classes that are most OP now.

Mechanics changed, gameplay changed, pvp changed.

13. Namus

Namus User

I did see video of 65 Paladin that rounds up ****load of mobs and then just uses aura of hate once and runs in circle while everyone else aoe them and Paladin would get hit rarely for low amounts. Cant find video now :(

14. Namus

Namus User

When you say everything will change do you mean something specific like WLs will get nerf on stun so tanks will be needed again or you meant MMOs change?

15. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

Both...

Played Lineage for a long time and on many servers...

Each update they change something to Nerf some classes and Boost another one... So for now, tanks are not the best, but maybe next year they will be imba... You should go for the class you like the most or try to think about endgame...

Now its almost time to start classic, so you will not be able to test your desired classes, but maybe u can enter on a interlude PvP server 9 billion XP rate and have an idea of the skills your char will probably have on endgame classic....

So u can play for 1 day the classes u want... On such servers u can reach max lvl in 10 minutes...

16. Namus

Namus User

Does anyone know if SS affects power of Aggression and Aura of Aggression?

17. SkizzoSkillZ

SkizzoSkillZ User

In my opinion SK will beat every tank. Mass paralyze is just too strong, combinde with lightining strike, arrest, aegis etc. The fact that paralyze lands alot and its not a magical skill its a huge thing.
    Later on combine those with shield of fate, chainskill, and touch of death and you have the best crowd control tank. Not to mention hex, power brek, and good cubic

18. Yslock

Yslock User

10/10
    Just wait till u have party UD for pvp

19. SkizzoSkillZ

SkizzoSkillZ User

DA doesnt have party UD. Has a single target skill that deals damage but reset its 10 sec compared with 30 sec(as the other tanks get). So DA wont help the party as well as the other tanks.
    But Saviors its far away from coming in EU so DA its still better now just because of the panther (maybe horror too)

20. Yslock

Yslock User

sigh...
    All tanks do get party UD

i aint googling it for you, but please check wiki and check which skills tanks get

Probably by the time that he hits decent level, he'l be ready to learn party UD.
    I know the patch aint coming next month, but he wont be 7x by next month either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.