1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we use WTFast?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by eXhuman, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Is it legit (in NCWEST it was legit. Actualy in every game is) or does this program even work with l2 classic?

2. MoRt3rO

MoRt3rO User

I'm using Leatrix Latency Fix.. Works perfect :)

" Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency. "

corvik likes this.
  3. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

yea i know that. but i always thought that programs like WTFast are doing better job with this

4. Alagondar

Alagondar User

You don't need "Leatrix" you can just disable delayed ACKs and disable the the Nagle Algorithm on your computer.

Explanation and instructions are here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/how-reduce-your-latency-in-windows-7-3427572/

WTFast can do the above for you, but I suggest applying the above fix to make sure ALL TCP traffic on your machine (not just what is tunneled over the WTfast network) is optimized. If you actually read and are knowledgeable you will see it can be detrimental to your connection to disable Nagle and delayed ACKs, you will realize you are sacraficing efficiency for reduced latency and response times. Make sure you understand what you are doing and how to revert the change. Also understand that this only applies to TCP connections.

What WTFast does is provide:
    1.) A shorter route (less router hops)
    2.) A higher quality route, meaning:
    1. Less dropped packets
    2. Less jitter
    3. higher interface speeds thus less serialization time thus less latency
    4. IP masking; for example, your source IP will appear to be coming from France if you are using a french tunnel. This is great cause you can get around the IP block.

5. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Head Moderator (EU) Head moderator

The short answer is yes you can.

Regards.

6. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Thanx so much for your replies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.