1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercilless Punishment quest insanity - GM plz help

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ariun, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariun

Ariun User

The "must do" quest for orcs, for weapon and shots is insanity with current mob respawn.
    There are around 20-30 ppl waiting whole night to get it done.
    Yesterday evening it was way more, ppl just resigned.
    Here is how it works...
    The group of mobs (near cave of trials) spawns each 5min. Only the group leader gives the quest item.
    And every player must do it 3 TIMES!
    If there is any GM, please fix so it respawns at least once every 15sec or that the q item is dropped from any mob in the group.

2. Adolan

Adolan User

Let's be honest here. This guy has a point. I did the quest 2 times now, one more time and I just can't get it done. I woke up specifically in the middle of the night just to do the parts, but I can't get the last one done because the respawn time is just too slow (for this kind of population and the requirement of doing it 3 times). And I'm not even talking about the walking that needs to be done back and forth.

Ariun likes this.
  3. nonas

nonas User

spawn reduced to 1 minute, this is the only quest imo that needs some adjustment

4. Adolan

Adolan User

What do you mean by that? "Spawn reduced to 1 mintues"? It's still 5 minutes.

5. Ariun

Ariun User

I think nonas meant: "reduce" not "reduced" :)

6. Nyko_

Nyko_ User

For sure this quest needs some adjustments. It's totally insane and a waste of time for players. We are not talking about toughness at all, it's just that it's not adapted to the current situation.
    As for me I discovered the spot as an Orc Mystic around 9pm. Tried 2 or 3 times, understood that I should have spent the entire night to get a single item, then gave up.

However, to make it clear: from your experience, how does it work exactly? What are the requirements to get an item?
    • Being part of the party that made the most damages?
    • Being part of the party that made the last hit to a specific mob?
    • Does everyone within the "winner" party get the item?

Thanks for your feedback and clarifications!

7. Ariun

Ariun User

As I've noticed it's the one that gives the most damage to the group leader get's the item. Party doesn't matter.

8. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Get over it. thats why we are here. to experience things that other games dont have. if you want to change l2c its easier to try another l2 free that is like you want it.

exept that after a while people will spread and will be easier. in crowded places it will not. cruma, toi, antharas lair. you will fight for room. thats the point. i dont understand why you whine about things that you new that will be like that in the first place. fight for spot, fight for mob. fight for everything and in the end it will be more rewarding, more fun and more real

9. Danrelen

Danrelen User

You need to last hit messenger. Only one person will get the item. I hope it is possible to reduce spawn time to 1 minute.

10. Ariun

Ariun User

Well if you enjoy experiencing bugs, be my guest. I'm here because I love hardcore too.
    But this is just a bug. If such time blocking quest is "by design", then all races should have similar quest, so everyone spend time on it evenly. But it's not.
    I work for 12 years as a coder in games industry, and I say that our QA would call it a blocker.
    But hey... spergs like you would call it a feature, right? :)

11. Nyko_

Nyko_ User

I'm not complaining about the game's toughness, as I said. I actually came back because of it.
    In this particular case, it's not about "making things easier". It's about "making things the right way" to guarantee players progression. Here you are just stuck on the quest, you don't have any other options to accomplish it. What you are comparing here (fight for bosses/mobs vs. this quest) are completely 2 different things. On one hand it's part of the game toughness, and you have to deal with it through finding workarounds, partying with people, go to another place... On the other hand, you are basically stuck, and depending on your class it's nearly impossible to achieve the quest.

I mean, there is a difference between toughness and foolishness that you should reconsider IMO.

12. Volo.

Volo. User

I agree that the quest is totally stupid. The weapon quests aren't even balanced. Humans have a sword and a wand. Elves have 1h/2h/mage staff. DE has dagger/sword nothing for mages. Orcs just have a 1h sword with low m.atk and no SPS for rewards.

This game is and always will be ridiculously unbalanced and dumb. But we love it for other reasons.

13. Ariun

Ariun User

Dear GMs!
    To clarify the issue. To complete the quest it takes 3 approaches. Mob respawn is 5min.
    On average 4 players can complete quest per 1hour.
    I can only imagine how many orc players there are, but honestly the throughput on such crouded server is too low.

14. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

i dont totally disagree in this. i am archer lvl 10 and i still have dagger. i dont want to buy a bow yet and no quest as far as i know gives bow. i understood your statement i guess but we can get over these things eventually one way or another i suppose

15. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Hell nah, keep the time intact, keep ppl off the grinding spots :) I'm an Orc too but with a human brain. You know you can get some fist from lvl 5 wolf that has 10 p.attack and the quest weapon is 14, sooooo are we srs? I ran to the spot 10 mins so a few dude standing, tried a few joke everyone was like "I'm just standing here spamming the micro" so I was like to hell and I went grinding and got 3 leather pants and 2 shirts sold them and there you are.

16. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

find a party and go somewhere else. you will make more money and you will xp faster. noone is forcing you do to one specific quest. An entire thread for this!!!!! lol

17. Nyko_

Nyko_ User

I agree but damn, it's not all about the weapon, but XP and SS rewards as well :cool:

18. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Not sure about EXP, but how many ss do you get? If 3.5k then maaaaaaybe, but still in a Mage...

19. Nyko_

Nyko_ User

Couple of thousands as far as I've heard... But if you tell me that there is no XP reward, I will strongly reconsider it -_-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.