1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What causes RMT to flourish (AKA Illuminaty confirmed)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by IzalithSky, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

So what causes all that RMTing and boting to flourish ?
    We do !
    Whoa ! What a plot twist !
    No, of course it's not me or you, reader. It's all them, those bad guys... right ?
    But at one sunny day one of us thinks: "Dang ! I'll never catch up with those all-top-D-guys farming like that. I guess I can spend some money. Time is money after all..."
    And then boters got some job to do.
    It's like throwing trash on the street. One little me won't make an impact on the ecology, so each little "me" summed up together won't do too, yeah ?
    I'm not saying we should/not do something about it. Just a note to leave here.

Sorenp likes this.
  2. Grazzt

Grazzt User

Honestly, what's the point of playing a "hardcore" game if you're gonna cheat and make it less hardcore ?
    I could maybe understand people doing that 10 years ago when Lineage II was one of the only Fantasy MMO around, but now there are plenty of other nice games that can give you an easy time (and a fun time too), so intentionally playing Lineage II Classic, paying for it, but trying to make it less hardcore makes zero sense :confused:

I'm only lv.11 now, I already died once cos I got attacked in the School of Dark Arts and got no more Soulshots and no more MPs, I dropped my gloves, but that's the experience I'm looking for :D
    And if I'm tired of this kind of hardcore gameplay, I can always play TERA or Elder Scrolls Online and have a fun time too, then get back to Lineage II Classic !

I'm probably too naive, but I really thought that we wouldn't get any bots and RMT here, because that's not the experience we're looking for...

IzalithSky likes this.
  3. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

It feels so good to have idealistic people around.
    No irony intended. Thank you, Grazzt.

Grazzt likes this.
  4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

There's no use in singing the glories about this game's "competitive elements" like the community does when there's absolutely no fair play involved from a considerable portion of the player base.

Clans should police themselves, both members policing leaders and vice versa to blacklist RMTers from the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  5. BangUrDead

BangUrDead User

Truth spoken ! Well done.
    I definitely support this, why lower your standards to buying adena. This is a game, a hardcore game non the less
    Be hardcore ;)!

6. CritzZ

CritzZ User

@Grazzt
    So you dropped low non-grade gloves and you are supposed to feel sorry about it?
    Try dropping Valhalla sword and talk about experience, mate.

This post is 200% correct and it is like this since the dawn of L2. There will always be bots cause players buy adena. Deal with it or quit.
    If I might paraphrase Mr Ronnie Coleman: "Everybody wanna own in L2, don't nobody wanna farm hardcore *** mobs"

7. Yojjo

Yojjo User

for some people, this server is a gold mine, potentially.

8. Rainlok

Rainlok User

You know I realized that it's nearly impossible not to have bots. Yet, I see ppl getting bans at lvl 10. So I hope after 20-40 seeing a bot will be not so easy. I'm lvl 14 and I spend 0 adena and I got 30k. So yeah gl with that, fingers crossed, but I love what I see so far...

TomFort likes this.
  9. Grazzt

Grazzt User

He he thanks :)
    But it's not only that I find it "unfair" or anything, it's also that I find it completely stupid !
    It's like, I don't know, paying to do some horse-riding if you don't like horses, or paying to take some tennis lessons if you don't like tennis, what's the point ??
    Paying to play Lineage II Classic but not wanting to play Lineage II Classic ... this is truly amazing :confused:

10. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Measuring who has a bigger banana when you don't like bananas :)

11. Che2n

Che2n User

Stupid *** argument.

Someone loves horse racing and bets on it. The fact that he drugs one horse to increase his chances doesn't mean he likes it any less.

12. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well, the advantage of Classic, as it is now, is that no amount of e-buy will get you any significant advantage. The best you can get atm is B-grade. Yes it is an advantage, but it is manageable even without resorting to the same ********.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2016
  13. Grazzt

Grazzt User

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying, thanks for completely missing the point :confused:

14. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

RMT will always happen in games where money (adena) can buy anything and specially in L2 where the drop rates are horribly, both for money and other loot
    Not to mention the idiotic dropping of equipped items, something that should only be for reds
    Item dropping = griefers = RMT

Mobs need to drop more adena and players should not drop equipped gear = Less RMT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.