1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alt+Tab shows weird colors

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Grazzt, Dec 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grazzt

Grazzt User

So, when I Alt+Tab to get out of the game, but keep it minimized (when I set up a Private Shop for instance), all my PC colors are weird :confused:
    If I open a web browser, or my Windows explorer, all the colors are very bright with too much contrast (when I close Lineage II, everything goes back to normal).
    I've checked the "Optimize performance" option ingame, but that doesn't change anything...
    Any idea how to fix this ?

2. Pashmin

Pashmin User

3. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

Game engine messes with screen gamma when running in fullscreen or when its' window is focused.
    Simple solution to this is running game windowed or in letterbox (I believe it's called windowed fullscreen in game settings). Then you use Win+D (collapse all) instead of Alt+Tab and then go to window you need.
    If that doesn't help you may lower gamma in game settings. Things will still be messed up this way but not so much.
    Complex solution involves patching and is not even acceptable for L2C since game security utilites won't allow such actions.

4. Grazzt

Grazzt User

Actually I did have this problem back in the days, but I was running Windows ... I don't know ... XP maybe ?? ... and now that I'm running W7 Pro 64bits I really thought that this would have disappeared, but ... no :confused:

Alright thanks for the link, but what does this program do exactly ?
    Cos I don't feel like installing something on my computer without knowing what it'll do ;)

Ah thanks for the advice, that's what I'm doing right now so I can read the forum without needing sunglasses, I guess this could be a temporary solution but I hope I'll find something more permanent :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.