1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the server advertisement? Visibility?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Capped, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capped

Capped User

Hello..i am kinda concerned that this server isnt being advertised enough officially, in the months leading up to release i heard absolutely nothing about this amazing project. L2 has had a massive following for years (just look at pservers) yet it seems like barely a fraction of it has come across to L2classic.

When i found this server i read a random reddit post on /r/mmorpg in a thread talking about something random. It was by pure chance that i saw this and thought "Omfg, L2 classic?!?! REALLY!?" I rushed to google and typed in L2 classic. You know what i found? A bunch of links to a private server. It was only because i thought that it couldnt be right that i dug deeper and found the correct website. I mean, there isn't even a proper link to the forum or their official website from the hype website (https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/install/) and people on these forums complain its quiet, probably because people dont know it exists!

It seems like only active lineage 2 players have any chance of even finding this server (and those lucky like i was.) Where is the advertisement to tell all the old players that it exists?

What about attracting some new players? Obviously L2C is a very unique experience and hard as hell but you havent even provided simple resources for newer players like a proper database or simple starter guide.

Honestly, it feels like innova have completely dropped the ball when it comes to advertising and i think the server could be so much more successful if they just advertised a little more and put some more effort into supporting the game.

At the end of the day, im glad i found L2C and im very thankful for you guys hosting this server, these are just my thoughts...

Bajoras Tuzas likes this.
  2. Apophis

Apophis User

Unfortunately this is how they roll. 0 budget for advertising.

Pashmin likes this.
  3. Rainlok

Rainlok User

It's just early access, a good server w/o botfest and such will advertise itself. But I think they will advertise it down the road to keep its population at a certain number...

4. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Odd... MMORPG.com did spend a couple of news topics on the L2Classic being released by Innova. I also promoted the server a bit there ;-)

5. lmnop

lmnop User

I think every L2 player already knows that Classic exists. Maybe some people don't know it's live already, but that's likely to be people not interested in Classic at all.

6. american

american User

They failed by disallowing all of the south americans/americans and other non europeans to play here

7. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Bit a question of FAIL. They're not allowed to target NA/SA territory while NCWest doesn't have a similar game...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.