1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-grieving advice?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S.e.t.t, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

I don't think I need to elaborate on the question much more than that, but I will anyway...

I took a long break, several years in fact, from Lineage before Classic came up. I must say I wasn't ready for the sheer amount of ****-sucking when I came back. Of course there was the occasional grieving here and there, but people were generally decent back then ... somewhat.
    But that's fine, it's part of the game, and I wouldn't play it if I didn't like it. More ***** equals more opportunities for me to get back at them.

Well, except when I can't get back at them... I've spent a better part of the last year on various private servers and in all that time I simply couldn't figure a way to deal with them. Guess playing a bladedancer didn't exactly help, but still...

So the question is:

Is there something you can do about grieving? Anything besides:
    a) always having large party with vigilant healer and a couple of PvP classes
    and/or
    b) legging it at the first sight of a dwarf/orc mystic/human warrior/human knight, hoping he doesn't have WW?

And speaking of b) is there anything at all you can do about an archer?

2. TerraKill

TerraKill User

Nothing can be done about being stunned, especially if there higher level then you, its just perma stun, with no way to defend yourself, just gotta take the death and possible item drops.
    Only options are to Run, Logg off, or try and fight back witch usually ends in your own death.

The serious issue with these server files is that it strongly supports griefing gameplay, but unfortunately there are to many trolls around to get your point across to innova and if you ever try and say anything you will end up with trolls flaming your thread.

Then the trolls scare away all the legit honest players, then the trolls have no fun trolling trolls then they also quit, leaving less populated server.

lucimihai likes this.
  3. bagindawud

bagindawud User

lets fight back Griefers!

1. Create incentives to fight griefers, or penalties for griefing someone (by system...needs Innova n Devs)
    2. Cooperate in a zone, shouting the griefers nickname in town and then set up some witchhunt parties to burn the griefers

4. aalat

aalat User

keep open your browser with your login info.
    Press play if you are in trouble.
    Survive till you kick yourself from the server.

Troy and Maya Reinhartz like this.
  5. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

^ This is like the best thing you can do :rolleyes:

TBH fam just blacklist them and keep your eyes open to any Dwarf/Orc Mystic/Human Fighters around.

Things like ice bolt won't be effective a bit later on so the number of classes that can effectively grief a player will go down(if you're not flagged ofc).

Nyweris likes this.
  6. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Yeah, trouble is my freshly reinstalled 3,5GHz i5 with 8 Gigs of RAM and an SSD takes about 10 seconds to chew through Bloatguard(tm). By that time a nuker in devotion or tank with a train is long, long time dead...

7. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Best thing is try to make this a PK other than that idk how else can you fight back.

8. BangUrDead

BangUrDead User

My plan is to have a potion of speed ready in my hotbar and just leg it as soon as I see anything that can stun/lock me

IzalithSky likes this.
  9. Namus

Namus User

Always carry 1 superior haste potion :)

10. Traygard

Traygard User

I for one am not going to exp for 6 - 12 month for 1 stun from some blockhead and drop my main wep. If main hand wep dropping would have been in the patch notes I would not have pre ordered. Add this problem with the amount of bots in game I now feel there should be a refund option..

11. Electroism

Electroism User

That is how they get ya lol. But yeah, just keep a speed pot and HP pot ready and be prepared to log basically.

12. Arrowone

Arrowone User

report all griefers, so we can know who they are for later. this is the beauti with l2. yo ucant just behave anyway you wanty without consquence.

13. iPKu0

iPKu0 User

This is part of the game. Deal with it.

You can always do the same, nothing stops you.

If you don't like it, play somewhere/something else.

I understand this is part of the game the way it should be, and I'm happy about it.

Dropping items count might be little high, but it is what it is.

Nyweris likes this.
  14. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Don't waste your potions on earlier levels, ice bolt WILL slow you.

A penalty made for PvE being implemented into PvP by a selective debuff system isn't what I'd call "crying about".

Either you make all debuffs work on unflagged targets, remove the debuff effects from attack skills on non-flagged targets(ice bolt for example) or you create a debuff resistence on white characters against debuffs from other players(a.k.a they flag and can use any debuff on the target but the effect check will only go off when they flag back or the harasser is red)

But sure, if you want to keep saying that "Ahahahahahah! Hardcore game git rekt!" you're welcome to. Actually let's make this better, let's make it so you drop your items whenever you _DIE_ period. On clan wars? Drops. On PvP? Drops. When PKed? Drops. That would be amazing right? :rolleyes:

Edit: Yes, I'm salty that I got slowed with an Ice Bolt. :Cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
    TerraKill and Sorenp like this.
  15. Nyweris

Nyweris User

You should alrdy know with what ur dealing in L2. And no, nufing will change as it hasn't in 10yrz. But ur should keep trying and entertaining us! Cheerz.

16. AlterBridge

AlterBridge User

Eventually there will be augumenting in the game right? There should be future expansions that will stop griefing, we just need to survive until then.

17. Tirith

Tirith User

Only it hasn't been like this for the last 10 years. Original L2 never ever had this kind of drop rate of equipped gear while being white.

18. Sparrow

Sparrow User

Yeah, let's make L2 exactly what it's been since Interlude.
    Because that has worked out so well.

Maya Reinhartz likes this.
  19. Norekien

Norekien User

Why u cryiiiiing

20. Verita

Verita User

Interlude was working quite fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.