1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dagger PVE - Heavy/Light armor?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Hexadius, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Hexadius

Hexadius User

Which armor to choose when leveling dagger? I've heard many different opinions and am completely lost now and unsure what to do. Can someone help?

2. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

Back in the Interlude and below dagger equiped with heavy armor had like 15...20% additional surviveability. The only thing changed in terms of armor since then is that now light armor passive also reduces chance to recieve critical hit. Not sure if it catches up with that 15...20% surviveability, but now it's closer to that then before. So basicaly you are free to pick whichever you like.

3. Jujata

Jujata User

if you are elf keep your light. For the others i cant say, since the mobs on clasic hit like truck.

4. sungnao

sungnao User

nah, basicaly it all depends on two facts, light = evasion, hvy = **** evasion, go for p.def and shield block.
    Since in classic all daggers goes for -dex +con +str, u'll lose a lot of evasion anyway, so i would go for hvy to focus on your p.def and shield block since your evasion is ****** from your -dex dyes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  5. dty//

dty// User

Check GK top daggers, almost nobody goes -dex.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  6. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

Dagger Dyes Became Hard to balance since STR now gives Crit.DMG, Dunno if the -15 STR is going to be worth.

7. Hexadius

Hexadius User

So how does STR and DEX differ not including STR giving p.atk?

8. Zarii

Zarii User

Plainswalker = stacking evasion is a valid tactic tbh, even getting mithril set at 40 for + evasion and zubei at Bgrade but for the other two classes not so much. Heavy is probably most efficient on TH due to the high hp pool as well, your overall EHP will be higher with heavy then light. And in PVE if you're ONLY focusing on PVE i would go heavy. If you're abysswalker then get used to dying a lot no matter what :p dont have evasion or hp to survive on whichever one you choose ^^

9. dty//

dty// User

No idea but all the good daggers i've seen on GK had -8 STR and +4 dex +4 con

10. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

Focus on maximum Pdef, Light or Heavy doesnt matter, take the one u drop/buy first... If u can find good Pdef light is better than Heavy....

- 15 STR = stupid

- 15 DEX = stupid

- 15 CON = stupid

Dont listen to forum daggers they dont know what they are talking about.. oO

Apocalypsa likes this.
  11. Hexadius

Hexadius User

So what dyes should I choose if I want to maximize the damage of AW skills?

12. JaimeLannister

JaimeLannister User

Depend of the race but i would try to make 40 str 40 con and 36 dex after 40lv with a proper set c-grade and in future dyes from drop/spoil +2-2 ! And should wear light set for sure.

13. Sweex

Sweex User

Sorry but no, light set is ridiculous, even with UE on people still hit you, especially now with archers who use stunshot / doubleshot. You just need more armor --> Full plate C grade and then Blue wolf heavy for B grade.

14. JaimeLannister

JaimeLannister User

Blue Wolf (speed bonus is important for daggers ) isn't bad i would say but you are forgetting that C-grade PL is getting +4 STR wich you can transform to DEX/CON if you prefer with dyes ! No such bonus for heavy sets and dagger still have some passive light armor skill.

15. sungnao

sungnao User

Blue Wolf hvy gives also +3 str

16. Orcoso

Orcoso User

But as a dagger, in a world where evasion doesn't matter, why would you want more dex or con to xp? Won't make your tanking any easier, you better off with a theca set that gives you 5,26% pdef.

You got two ways to do it, that sounds viable.

Go heavy and swing your dagger, might be a costly on your soulshots, since there is no C grade heavy set that gives you offensive stats.

PL+Bow looks good, but prolly not that effective when you get past 50/52.

17. JaimeLannister

JaimeLannister User

Dude dex isn't only evasion omg. Its also accuracy , attack speed , critical chance and blow chance , movement speed and evasion. And i didn't say to go for it but that is still an option. +4 at 40lv is a good way to stay with high STR or transform it if you PREFER other build. For me 40/41/35 sounds good for STR/CON/DEX i am with Human. But also will need some dyes , BW is good option but still 52 is too far away :} GL all meter of vision.

18. tyntas

tyntas User

Im pretty sure DEX doesnt give movement speed in classic. Also doesnt increase blow chance as well (at least didnt find anywhere that it states otherwise, correct me if im wrong).

Its still a good stat to invest in it though, its simply isnt that good as it was before.

19. varolluis

varolluis User

Dex gives you movement speed? You should check what chronicle you play :)

20. JaimeLannister

JaimeLannister User

First i am maybe mistaken for some parts but i want to say that DEX is a complex statistic not smt wich gives you just P att ! Secound we won't play c1.5 forever right ? Its damn logical speed to be with DEX. About the Blow chance noone is pretty sure how it works right now but still logic is for DEX as crit dmg and crit chance are STR vs DEX must be the same with blow dmg blow chance.