1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The reason why russians...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ombre de Lune, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

I'm an old Teon vet, and i have seen quite a lot of russian clans in L2... And in other games as well...

I find it funny to see how russian clans try really, really hard to dominate games where there are euros or US playing... (Curiously not chinese, KR or Japanese... How do i know? Hey!!! i played L2 Japan!!! :p)

So, let ask ourself that simple question... What's, in your opinion, the reason why russians try so hard to dominate L2 classic EU...

Personally, i always wonder if it is to compensate for a little something... :Sneaky:

What? No i'm not whining, i don't care about russians being there, i just wonder about what motivate them... :Whistling:

2. Lucky13RF

Lucky13RF User

You sound rather upset, did another player kill your character and laugh at you? It's just a game, learn not to take it personally.

And this game in particular is all about players competing with one another, it's the main reason it survived for so long and new servers are still being launched to this day despite the game's old age. Russians try to be the best in this game on every server they play on, and the presence of europeans and americans matters little. Truth is, most Russians would likely prefer it if you didn't play here, as most of them see this server as the 3rd newly opened Russian L2 Classic server and you're just an odd addition.

For comparison, Gran Kain, the original Russian L2 Classic server, had much higher population upon release than this one does and had a much more competetive atmosphere in general.

Long story short, Russians don't care much whom to compete against, in many ways they prefer to compete with each other to competing with foreigners.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  3. Sparrow

Sparrow User

They don't play Asian servers because they don't speak the Asian languages. ;) If they did, they probably would.

4. MrRollback

MrRollback User

This is rather stupid opinion. I am a Dota2 player, i play on western EU servers and every ******* game i have 3+ ******* idiots who ******* refuse to use language other than ******* russian.
    Language is not the problem. It's their ****** up ******ed mentality. I'm not even mad, just stating the facts.

5. Sparrow

Sparrow User

Well, they probably understand English but just refuse to use it. :D

Honestly, back in the old days, it was fun for me to gather with some English speaking people and fight against these griefing and cheating Russians. Even though it sometimes took a few of us to kill one of them.
    Viva la revolución!

6. Leckter

Leckter User

They don't play because asians are better :D
    They have play time and dedication on same level, difference is that asians are skillful.
    Russians want to show off and earn, asians want to master their gameplay.
    Koreans > RU > EU
    People are strong, but always on the weaker ;)

7. Sparrow

Sparrow User

I really don't think that's the reason. Russians really enjoy hard competition.

8. Leckter

Leckter User

Sure, that's why they came to EU. For competition !
    And then you woke up...

9. Quaak

Quaak User

Because most Russians who play 24/7 dont have a real job and they try to make money playing lineage 2.
    About 90% of all the bots ive seen on the server (and yes they are numerous in starter villages) were russians.
    The adena spammers are Russians and the adena sellers too.

All this talk about competition is Bullcrap because there is no competition against bots & ppl who make this theyr job.
    I dont think they will be able to stay competitive for long though if innova does theyr job and bans all theyr farm bots.

(on a sidenote: i thought it was impossible to write in cyrillic but i swear a few days into the server start someone wrote in cyrillic in chat. how?)

RibaldSvk likes this.
  10. Jujata

Jujata User

IMHO they compete with other russians . Its not russians vs others its "ME DOMINATING THE WORLD" for them :p
    I think russians have that domination mania in their culture (i am maybe wrong), just look at the contry teritorry. This combined with the cold wheather makes them wanna play games and dominate inside.(vodka gets boring sometimes)
    The big ammount of time some of them have + their good organizing skills = dominating. Euros have no big organized clans that can actually deliver the competition they would want so for them its like they play in a russian server with some exotic english speaking players :)
    Once i`ve been on a russian clan that was dominating a huge server. These guys managed to win vs bigger side only because the better organization. They manage to make 4 fights in 10 minutes on the siege ground. Fight->die->summon->s/d/buff ->fight->die->summon-s/d/buff->fight.....no time wasted in waiting.. it was amazing siege.

IMHO russians keep l2 alive. And if you want to play a disscent l2 server and be on a big side ether learn korean or russian.

11. turnON

turnON User

more competition more fun

12. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

Its way more money to be earned on a European server than a Russian server (charge more)

13. recka

recka User

who cares what nation is on top?
    Russians will fall anyway they will accept you filthy europeans at some point, theres tons of euro's who play just as hard as russians but we are not called europeans we call our self by our country thus it sounds like we are less.

one way or another, russians will not dominate for ever they will have people quitting and u cant relay on 1 nation for ever ;) then again bandwagoners will not try too defeat top dogs either they rather join em.

eXistenZ _ likes this.
  14. frestor

frestor User

Well...its about ping and language, most of asian servers gonna be on 400-500 ms for poor russian players) and also we dont speak korean, though english is mandatory in 99.9% of schools. Despite all this russians community did play on korean and japanese BDO and ArcheAge servers.
    P.S. i dont play on euro-classic, so keep ur well written nationalistic insults xD

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  15. Redisni

Redisni User

Cuz ping. You cant play and dominate with 300+ ping

16. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

That's an interesting question indeed.
    Technically I am ukrainian but you can consider me russian. I might say in scope of this question you can consider all ukrainians to be equal to russians, but a lot of people will disagree so I won't (kind of :D ) be saying that and will talk just for myself.

To hell with that ! I will in fact talk for all of us since the issue was bothering me for a while and I got lots of observations on it.

1. We rarely play asian server because very few of us able to understand asian writing. English on the other hand is integrated in mundane life more and more with each do so we kind of fine with EU/US servers.

2. We indeed are compensating for little something. For low quality of life mostly.
    You see, it's getting kind of weird at this point. Most of us enjoy complaining how bad our country(ies) is, how badly we would like to move to EU/US because it's way better to live there (or so we told).
    But when we are getting in contact with people from EU/US we become all like: "Damn %put_whatever_blatant_word_you_like%s ! Raised in living in all that luxury ! All fancy and gayish ! I was raised in harsh environment by drunk bears ! I'll show you how much tougher I am !". (Now I want to clarify I don't call you gays neither I have something against gays. It's just what we tend to do - call europeans this way) etc etc. I guess you got the point.
    So it's jealousy, though we won't admit that even to ourselves.
    Funny thing is that truly patriotic russian/ukrainian (who wants their country to become a better place instead of dreaming of leaving it) won't be offending people from the other countries.

One more interesting thing. We are not only that hostile to other nations but to ourselves as well. Also we think "on the internet no one can punch me in the face so I free to say whatever I want". It seams like we need to always know we can be punched to behave in civilized way. We like to think we are the elite and the other people of our nation are scum. That is one more reason we play EU servers. Each russian joins EU server to stay away from that wrongbad russian scum. As result e.g. we call Dota2 EU East and EU West servers RU2 and RU3. :D You just can be sure you join it you'll see/hear nothing but swearing in Cyrillic.
    And reason of these I can not tell you. I wish I knew it. It bothers me, really.

Sorry for all that. And thanks for atention.

Norekien, Rainlok, Sparrow and 3 others like this.
  17. frestor

frestor User

Generalizations....generalizations are everywhere

18. BangUrDead

BangUrDead User

Hippies... Hippies are everywhere

Nyweris likes this.
  19. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Even so, it's still a pretty interesting insight.

Jujata likes this.
  20. frestor

frestor User

maybe, but it seems kinda pointless for me, but i must confirm i was really into this earlier "winter dominance mania" theory xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.