1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

combat logging

Discussion in 'Archive' started by zeller, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeller

zeller User

is it permitted? if no, where do we report players?

2. Pashmin

Pashmin User

It's ok. You wanna report this?

3. zeller

zeller User

I was curious cuz yesterday a guy kept pulling ~15-20 mobs ran to players and combatlogged... So the mobs kept killing everyone...

4. Pashmin

Pashmin User

Yup, that's what some ppl do + stunning when you're under mob. ;) Blah!

5. Bananadrama

Bananadrama User

That shouldn't be possible to do without using some kind of exploit, if I'm understanding you correctly. I'd report it.

6. Pashmin

Pashmin User

No, that's how it works right now. If you are running and you don't use skills, you're able to relog after few (+-10? not sure) second. Ppl using this stupid thing to save life or troll someone with aggresive monsters.

7. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Actually,if you're engaged in a combat you can't log out. But you can use the old trick of the 'force-log out' which consist in get ur account ready from the page,as soon as you're close to the one you wanna kill,the client start making your toon ingame crashing,so mobs lose the aggression and get to hit the closer targets. It's not about skills or normal hit,it's about combat mode or not :) as far as you don't hit or avoid to get hitted you can restart with mobs on ur back :D

8. Pashmin

Pashmin User

Not sure if you played this game. You can always restart, no matter if you were hit by a mob. Look how this guy is farming bots.

Edit: Ok, I think I understand what you're saying.

9. xHaseo

xHaseo User

You did just in time before i started to made a list of reasons why you should quit this game for good. :D this is what i mean -> https://gyazo.com/17e87a49b83e53029930df8e45fbe3cc

The guy in the video get the aggro from mobs but HE'S NOT HITTED,which mean,the combat stance is not 'triggered'. The only way to make a log-out in combat stance is to force it,with task manager or with log in ur account from another client,which will force ur toon to d/c. But this wont be the only problem,since sooner or later,daggers will learn hide & fake death,and so will the dwarf...so they will train mobs and fake death near players to leave the train :p

10. Pashmin

Pashmin User

I'm still not sure what do you mean by "not hitted".

Here is the situation:

I pulled mob.
    He hit me and take 99% hp.
    I'm scared and I don't want to die.
    I'm running away and mob is running behind me.
    Clicking "restart" button in panic.
    After few second of running and clicking I'm in character menu.
    I log back and mob is standing still, no aggro on me.

That's how it works right now.

11. xHaseo

xHaseo User

I play l2 since official C4,i guess i know what i'm saying.
    Combat stance : after hitting a mob your toon change pose,for example a dagger stand with the dagger near his ancle,if you're an archer you stand with the bow ready to shot and the hand on the 'string'. Try to stand and see how your toon stand,after that hit a mob and see that your stance is different,that's the combat stance.

If you pull mobs just running near and you don't hit or you don't get hit,the 'combat stance' wont 'trigger',so you're able to log out or restart.

If a mob hit you,you hit a mob,you wont be able to restart 'till the combat stance is active,which last around 5 seconds. The only way to make a log out or restart while in combat,is by making ur game crash or by log ur account from another client.

12. Pashmin

Pashmin User

Ok, we are talking about THIS. I'm saying that you can log out (restart) after you're hit by a mob, cause you can literally run away from combat and it's not necessary to crash your game or logging again from website. That's all.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  13. AlterBridge

AlterBridge User

Yes, its how it works, and it worked that way all the time, on any server i played. Whats wrong with that?

14. Omegon

Omegon User

That's perfectly fine and normal. Get used to it.

About mobs - All monsters have spawnbox, and if they are agressive, and they loose their target inside spawnbox - they will agro on anyone nearby. If they loode their target outside their spawnbox - they will stai idele and will slowly move to their spawnbox.

If someone is pulling a train on you your actions should be:
    1 - stop hitting monsters, all of them.
    2 - run away to the safespot outside all spawn boxes, spam hp and ghp pots.
    3 - laugh at that scammer that tried to kill ya and loot ya

You can also force relog by trying to log in again while in combat mode.
    Loggin in again while already logged in will dc you even if you are in combat mode/stunned feared/paralyzed. Though it takes some time, it can save your gear.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Fragola likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.