1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP stunning white players and how it affects community

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Norimune, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norimune

Norimune User

I'd like to start by warning you that this is in no way meant to be a "please make the game more carebear friendly", because I never was and never will be supporting a game that has no risk versus reward system, especially where it involves PVP. In many many years of gaming I was many times one of the "bad guys", pking and stealing from others and I never considered it anything more than just competition.

I'll begin by saying that L2 was the first MMO i got serious about and that I liked most about it is the social part. The game drew people together because, essentially, it is so hard to get through it alone, just by yourself. Most of the people I got to know I met on the battleground, usually helping each other one way or another. And the most exciting part was back when there was no party search window, imposing level or gear. Random encounters of cool people was possible everywhere... and it was happening all the time.

And now, here comes the issue: there is this stun debuff mechanic that people started to overexploit in a way that marks the new low imo: running around with a mob, asking for help, getting the help and then stabbing the "saviour" in the back with a stun just to let him die by the mob and loot his dropped gear...

I AM OKAY with pk, I'm okay with training mobs on people, I'm okay with dropping their HP while they are fighting mobs, I am okay even with scam wannabes trying to sell 2 arrows for 3 million adenas.... I'm okay with a lot of things. But stunning people while they are white, while pretty much any other debuff won't work on white names, is a design fault that I had issues with in the past too, but now the Classic L2 just makes it 10 times worse. Let me explain why.

I started to avoid all the people and it's a horrible situation, because logic says trick me once, shame on you, trick me twice, shame on me. I am good at avoiding risky situations, but at what cost? I want to keep helping people in need, that's the kind of person I am. But every time I see a dwarf or a mystic orc or archer of any kind... I have to assume they are after my items and keep my distance. I realize I am generalizing things, not all people are *********, but I am hardly willing to take the risk when this happens at least twice a day to me.
    This white stun mechanic has crippled the socializing potential of this game, when pretty much EVERY time you interact with someone you risk tremendous amount of progression. And what are you to be blamed for? WANTING TO HELP OTHERS? PLAYING WITH OTHERS IN A MMO?

I am just asking that stun be nerfed on white players. Maybe decrease it's duration to 1 second at least. Because it has created an issue within players socializing interaction. An please don't tell me to find a clan or a cp and dedicate all my gametime to them and isolating myself from the outside world... that's just not right.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Nyweris

Nyweris User

Ur wrong, go back to your grind, thank you.

3. Warmyz

Warmyz User

So basically you are fine with everything doesnt affect to bots. This stun whiteplayer metagame is the real bot killer, use it correctly and win.

vvhitevvizard likes this.
  4. GardeKan

GardeKan User

agreed with nyweris , if 4game make anything about that , a lot of people will be left

Also , this is the first parts , in some days the guy's will stop it , i have just kill two time in stuntshot a bot arround dion i will not stop untill is naked because is a bot :p

this is the game ! enjoy it , reroll orc or dwaarf ;-)

vvhitevvizard likes this.
  5. Norimune

Norimune User

Nope I am not wrong, but I guess it's hard to give a real argument? You are unnecessarily rude and ******, can't really figure out what motivates you to lurk around the forums giving this toxic attitude.

Lol, if bots start to rule how the game is designed.... Stun is the main anti-bot weapon? Seriously. So basically bring more stun to the game, bots will be gone. With all seriousness, our duty as players and clients of Innova, is reporting. That's as far as it goes, Enforcing rules is none of my business.

Then to make it all fair at least, coul we just make sleep an silence and everything else work on white names? That way I can at least pay back with the same coin and be able to say "this is how the game was intended to be"?

I know they will stop, soon enough people won't be 2 shot for mobs anymore. But as I was saying, then, why let only stun be used on non-pvp engaged players? It's simply not cool to have to start avoiding specific classes just because these classes "might" be griefers. Maybe it's hard to understand for you, for people who don't look for finding friends around, who play only for the "supremacy" thing, like the guy that answered me first, to the point I'm sure for him this game means a **** fight. Maybe it's a male thing. And ultimately, it's completely disgusting to be given this hostile attitude, as if I was asking to make this game less hardcore... No, I want a risk for the stunner, I want him to think twice before doing it, because the victim might survive, or might get back to him. And then, hopefully, it won't be a class wide paranoia, but rather a few individuals choosing this kind of playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
    Bananadrama likes this.
  6. Horbar

Horbar User

I feel your pain bro. Eveytime I see a dwarf or an orc coming to me I try to finish my fight asap and not start a new one till he/she is gone. Its sad, but I've been griefed two times already this way. You engage a fight, then get perma-stunned till monster finishes you off, with no penalty whatsoever for the guy griefing you. If he/she is lucky you will even drop some good stuff for him/her. It is an obvious exploit imo.

Bananadrama likes this.
  7. Nyweris

Nyweris User

Ur still crying:Cry:, can't believe my eyeso_O And you being so serious:eek: like it's worlds problem nr1:Laugh: And it isn't:Thumbsdown: I am happy, dat there is class for pathetic ppl to do pathetic thing, you should try it too, mby you will like it!:Roflmao:

8. aWazz

aWazz User

Jan 1, 2016
    I died and dropped my d grade wep and armor, time to cry and quit

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    Nyweris likes this.
  9. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

I see forum warriors like emotes...

For stun on white, it's more a griefing tool than a pvp tool... As such, i think that it should, indeed, be restricted. Griefing bots i don't care, bots should be banned, period.

Nyweris, Rodimus and Bananadrama like this.
  10. HejkaKrejzole

HejkaKrejzole Banned

I lost my top nograde weapon to a stun party, but I dont care- with this ridiculows drop rate already made adena over night to buy new one today. But yea some players may get upset after losing weapon, and its affecting more normal players than bots, becasue smart bot just have settings to forcelogout when attacked by player.

Oh btw, did you know that having moon armor makes a probability to drop your weapon two times more than wearing normal armor? You have 1/11 chance to drop weapon- considering equipped item will drop from you, was mostly armor or jewels for me, but since you cant drop moon armor you have only 6 items out of 11 to drop (5 jewels + weapon) making it 1/6 instead of 1/11. First item I dropped after using moon armor was my weapon :D

Nyweris likes this.
  11. Horbar

Horbar User

L2 classic is not a hardcore game , its a leveling treadmill mixed with a chatbox. If you want a hardcore game you have to remove , for starters, the whole Karma system. Free PVP/PK for everyone. The perma-stun is just an exploit of a game feature. There is nothing hardcore in stunning someone who has no chance to fightback. Free PK , and next time I see a dwarf/orc coming to me , I ll shoot him with my bow straight away. That's hardcore.

12. ReQeuze

ReQeuze User

Alot of ppl are abusing stun by coming by stunning white players while they are fighting monsters and waiting for white players to die and then they take drop, basically u are permastunned and monster just kill you and then u drop your items and the noob who stunned u collect them and go to other ppl. In my and my clan opinion thats ****** up coz you cant change anything or defend yourself, you just watch yourself die and drop stuff...
    To fix this u should make a condition for all stun skills. "When attacking white player stun skill do only damage and DO NOT APPLY STUN"
    You should fix this...

P.S. the only ones who defend this are gearing themselves up like this.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    Rodimus likes this.
  13. Apocalypsa

Apocalypsa User

And only ones, who cry about this are mages who just got stunned. :Whistling:

HellBlade Se7eN and Nyweris like this.
  14. ReQeuze

ReQeuze User

nah mate everyone gets stuned and its very easy to keep them on your stun : )

15. Viena

Viena User

go xp with friends and have your friends kill the dorf if he flag, not so hard.

Dorfa likes this.
  16. Dorfa

Dorfa User

Mages has the very least problem about stun lel, they can 1 hit kill mob or heal themselves almost in instant when stun ends. If you stun fighter he will 100% die if u dont let him run. Get some info, then write ;)

Not only dwarfs, even orc mystic, human fighter and archers of all races have stun. And yes, if you dont fancy getting stunned again and again get a party, they will cover you back

17. dty//

dty// User

2 Orcs or 2 Dwarfs can easily stunlock a 5 man pt for like 15 seconds before going oom. If you check the stun-test Fragola posted you will see stun has roughly 90% landrate on any class.

18. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Yeah but this is actually wrong. Land rate of any debuff is more or less 80%~+...if you see Fragola's test,you can clearly see that higher the difference between the stunner and the stunned,lesser is the chance to land.Chance to stun a level 48 by a 40 are roughly 20/0%...8 levels,so...does this also apply to the other side?A level 48 would land stun with a 100% rate? (or anyway,since you're higher level,the chance is higher?)...yesterday we got chased by the tipical pt of "RU mafia *****" who were yelling "SPOT TAKEEEEEEEN YARRRG" all over the place...my brother who was level 26 got hitted around 4 or 5 times by an archer 34+ with stun shot...he got stunned 1/4-1/5 :|

19. dty//

dty// User

i can't believe that since stun shot is lvl 34+ and from what i've seen it lands nearly 100% on just about anyone

20. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Eh...why should i lie? lol.
    We were chased by a full pt of players,the archer (Shad0w) used stun shot on my brother around 3-5 times,it landed only once. My brother level is 26,that dude was 34+...so :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.