1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything you wanted to know about stun land rate (Olf #06 & #12)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Fragola, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Fragola

Fragola User

This is a translation of the official test #06 and test #12 done by Olf.

Stun land rate (different skills)

[​IMG]

Task: to check the stun land rate from different skills.

We divided this experiment in two parts. In the first part we checked 1st class skills, In the second - 2nd class skills.

Part 1

Target: Human Fighter lvl 36 уровня. With all skills, no buffs, no equipment.

Attackers: Artisan, Raider lvl 36, with all skills, no buffs. Equipped with ng-weapon so we could use stun.

During the test we used Shock Attack [​IMG] 200 times for each class and filled the table:

Class

Chance

Artisan

96%

Raider

92%
    Result: as you see, the class change didn't affect stun land rate.

Part 2

Target: Hawkeye lvls 40-60, with all skills, no buffs, no equipment.

Attackers: Destroyer, Hawkeye, Paladin, Warlord, Gladiator, Tyrant lvl 40, all skills, no buffs. Equipped with ng-item so we could use stun.

During the test we used the skills of different classes 200 times and filled the table:

stun t2.png

Result: as you can see, all stun skills have a very high land rate - around 90%.

Stun land rate (different levels)
    [​IMG]

In this experiment we'll check how stun land rate changes depending on level difference.

Attacking character: Hawkeye lvl 40, with all skills, no buffs. Equipped with "Eminence Bow" [​IMG].

Target: Hawkeye lvls 40-60, with all skills, no buffs, no equipment.
    During this experiment attacking character used [​IMG] "Stun Shot" to the target 100 times for each level. We counted the chance and filled the table:

Target level

Chance

96%

92%

74%

20%

0%

0%
    Result: as you can see, the stun land rate depends on level difference.

Pringo, blowmeaway, Leeway and 4 others like this.
  2. Girenas

Girenas User

This post doesn't tell anything I wanted to know about stun land rate. All of the above you can easily test by killing thousands of mobs your level or 15 levels above.

What am I interested in, is how CON, epic jewellery, EE stun resistance buff (all together or separately) affect stun land rate on the same level character.

Such info would be much appreciated.

3. Fragola

Fragola User

If you list what kind of test exactly you want to see, I will be able to translate that and post into test requests part of Ru forum for @Ольф

Request form:

experiment: short description (1~2 sentences).
    question: well, the question you want to be answered
    the reason: please explain why you need this experiment. also list all the details of this experiment here.

example:

experiment: enchantment chance of weapon and armor in Classic
    question: were the chances changed in comparison with C1?
    the reason: I would like to know if chances are changed in comparison with C1. bew game, new rules, there's there was a change. please make not less than 100 tests. Also I'd like to see the enchantment of different grades. Thankyou!

4. Omegon

Omegon User

Con does not affect stun rate at all. Epic jewellery does not affect stun rate at all. EE stun resist grants minor stun resistance, you'll probably won't notice that at all.
    The ways to resist stun are - Lionheart 3 ( 1 and 2 grant minor resistance, you can still be stunnlocked ). Zealot ( works against all debuffs but i managed to stun 62 lvl tyrants with my 70 lvl wl) And also 8 second diadem buff from castle.

Fragola likes this.
  5. Relentless

Relentless User

The stun land rate is insane, and the fact that it can be used on unflagged people...

If you were also getting hit at the time it used to break the stun (so if you're training mobs it ended quickly because of a bunch of hits), but every single archer, orc and dwarf are now a massive threat because this just doesn't seem to happen, and even worse you can be completely stun locked until they run out of mp. I'm all for "hardcore" and dropping your **** when dying to mobs, but the stun mechanics as they are now are completely not true to the original l2.

Bananadrama likes this.
  6. Fragola

Fragola User

it still works sometimes. Our dwarf managed to break his own stun with another stun try, lol

7. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Yep kinda used to be like this,like since ever...if somebody cast a stun and while stunned cast another stun,the previous is removed...but if you spam 2 different stuns they will replace each other

8. Omegon

Omegon User

Nop, you can kill ppl with a single stun. But any damage can remove the stun.

Back on original l2, C1 i mean, there used to be 3 types of players
    1 Mages
    2 Support for mages
    3 Victims for mages

Don't you thing it's a good thing that all characters are playable now?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    SweetDreamZ likes this.
  9. dty//

dty// User

Right, that must be the reason 90% of parties have a warlord here :)

"everything playable" is an illusion.

10. Omegon

Omegon User

90% parties have BD and SWS here, those must be so op.

there are even 60+ lvl summoners, daggers and Destroyers on RU servers.
    Except Plainwalkers. Those are so useless.

SweetDreamZ likes this.
  11. dty//

dty// User

Yes and those are from the previous patch in which stun wasn't ****** up.

Comparing Warlords with bugged 90% mass stun to bd and sws, ok. Delusional guy.

12. Omegon

Omegon User

I've been playing l2c since the release. Stun always was like that. And root. And sleep. And fear.
    Ever heard of OL's mass silence ? Or mass root ?
    Do you know that Warlord can use his AOE stun only 12 times, then he is running out of mana.
    Do you know, that Bishop's Magic backfire can shorten Warlord's amount of stunns by half ?

Do you know that SWS has 10 second silence with around 90% landrate, and he can spam it.
    Do you know that Bd and SWS have 10 second arrest with 90% landrate ?

It's not bugged. Make it 40 % and you will have a server of mages and their victims, lol. Like that was in C1 - C4. Pvp will be not about tactics and strategy, it will be a contest of gear between mages.
    90% stunrate is totally fine. There are plenty of characters that are immune to stun, and there are those who are not. And should not be immune to stun.

You must be loosing the point of this game. This game is not about 1v1 pvp. I have never been about 1v1.

Get your own warlord to stun enemy, fight in spread formation, stay on range, or make melee party that's almost impervious to stun. L2c has a 1 year history, and there are plenty tactics against warlord/overlord/other crowd control.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    fodemhouse, Nyweris and Fragola like this.
  13. Nyweris

Nyweris User

Moar cries plx, I am so hungryyyyy~! Nom nom nom! And smart ppl plx stay out of these cries, no need explain ppl, they won't understand anyway muahahah

p.s. you all so cute when you cry :>

14. dty//

dty// User

Proves that u didn't play any previous l2c version.

I have high lvl chars on ru kr and jp and no, stun wasn't like that in previous patches.

Root sleep yes but not stun.

Check any non-4game pvp frapses and you'll see i'm right

15. Omegon

Omegon User

Previous patches ? Wich one ?

I've been playing starting from 1 feb 2015 on l2c Ru maphr, server that was later merged with shillen server.
    Stunners were always around. And the most expencive item i've ever lost to them was a top ng spear, lol.
    I did stun ppl to get their loot myself, lol. It was b4 EV release, the adena drop got like x3 since then.

How high lvl is your character on Ru ? Mine is 71.
    Also. I've seen korean l2c and stun rate there is just the same. Saw pvp movies, lvling movies, even oly movies ( yeah, we'll get Oly in 2.0, for 61+ players lol ). Mostly if stun does not work on those movies - the target is 6+ lvls higher then the stunner. And that explains everything.

16. dty//

dty// User

hahaha 1.0 ofc.

I started played when it launched bro, my char is lvl 55 which was very high lvl at that time ( i stopped playing long ago)
    My kr sps is 58 and also played it in 1.0

My JP sps is 47 (left cuz of eu classic)

And on kr and jp stun was NOT 90%+ rate, not even close and melee damage did indeed cancel the effect with a certain chance.

Same for ru on 1.0, stun was not 90%, not even once i was stun-locked to death by anyone because you could actually resist stuns and their melee crits negated the stun from time to time.

Now we play 1.5 and look, stun is totally broken. Root and Sleep have always been op, on all lvl ranges, that one is correct.

17. Omegon

Omegon User

Oh, i've found a liar.

https://4gameforum.com/threads/507047/ - stun tests for classic RU 1.0 Last edited : 12.03.2015

1.5 was installed on l2c RU on 09.09.2015

Also i have 71 lvl warlord and 47 lvl gladiator. Just tested yesterday that you can break stun by mele hits ( not even crits) and magical damage.
    Fot thunder storm thunder spear, sonic pulse and hammer crush.

You. are. wrong.

Nyweris likes this.
  18. dty//

dty// User

Are u stupid?
    I played it 2014, lol. And there u actually had resists against stun.

19. dty//

dty// User

Actually i might've mixed things up, at the very least on KR and JP i wasn't stunlocked like i was here. Maybe this is an RU only thing

20. Enryu

Enryu User

I have done some tests with WarCryer's Hammer Crush skill - didnt see anything here. It seems that the land rate is much lower than the other classes who stun, if the target is higher lvl. I did some tests with 47lvl WC(46lvl stuns) against 48lvl HE with might/shield on both characters. Used NG blunt and low C grade blunt both w/SS. The land rate was 25-28%.On 45lvl HE was around 95%.
    From the other hand the Dreaming spirit had a land rate of 75%(shield/might/m.barrier buffs) on 48lvlHE.
    If you have done any further tests or anything to sum up ,you are free to add infos :)